Behn introduces Moretta as Angellica's woman; she exists to tend to and advise Angellica. In this way, she is similar to a broker. Moretta sets up the transactions between Angellica and the men she sells sexuality to. Even when a man attempts to bar...
... middle of paper ...
...Sexual Politics of Behn's "Rover": After Patriarchy." Studies of Philology 95.4 (1998): 435-55. JSTOR. Web.
Salzman, Paul. "Aphra Behn: Poetry and Masquerade." (n.d.): 109-29. Print.
Diamond, Elin. "Gestus and Status in Aphra Behn's The Rover." ELH 56.3 (1989): 519-41. JSTOR. Web.
Munns, Jessica. "'But to the Touch Were Soft': Pleasure, Power, and Impotence in 'The Disappointment' and 'The Golden Age'" (n.d.): 178-196. Print.
Behn, Aphra. The Rover; or the Banish'd Cavaliers. The Works of Aphra Behn. Vol. 6. New York: Montague Summers, 1915. 218-295. Print.
Lakhoua, Khaoula Chahed. "Power Of The Powerless In Aphra Behn's The Rover." Aphra Behn (1640-1689): Identity, Alterity, Ambiguity. Ed. O'Donnell, Mary Ann., B. Dhuicq, and Guyonne Leduc. Paris: Harmattan, 2000. 177-182. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Rover Performance From start to finish, this show had me completely engaged. In the other productions, there was a lull in a scene that pulled me out of the story. The elements of design came together to create a cohesive, and immersive experience. While the technical aspects of the play may have been flawless, I think the director’s vision failed to create a relevant spin on this dated script. The main question I had going into this performance was how would this production make the story and message of Behn relevant for today’s audience.... [tags: King Lear, William Shakespeare, Performance]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- Engineering Analysis In order to minimize error during the fabrication of the staking rover, several engineering analyses were performed. The analyses were broken down into two main systems: rover drive system and stake driving system. The analysis for the stake driving system was further divided into the following subsections: original stake driving system, new stake driving system and field testing. Rover Drive System Analysis The purpose of the rover driving system analysis was to ensure that the motors of the drive system will move the rover at the customer required speed of 3ft/s – 6ft/s by calculating the minimum power needed for each motor used the drive the rove.... [tags: Torque, Force, Energy, Velocity]
1323 words (3.8 pages)
- 1) Background Analysis: General Market Assessment: In the 90's, the SUV was looking to become a highly contentious market, however, with a new emphasis on the Leisure SUV. This was where LRNA will be able to maximize its market share, and perhaps grab a foothold on the market. Competition and behavior: The SUV industry in North America was becoming increasingly competitive, with "over 30 SUV models, their prices ranging from $10,000 to $60,000. Market leaders were Jeep and Ford, with Jeep having a strong heritage in the USA much in the same was as Land Rover did in the United Kingdom.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Land Rover North America, Inc. Case Analysis I. Executive Summary Charles Hughes, president and CEO of Land Rover North America (LRNA), and his executive committee want to expand LRNA’s reach within North America. Based on the growing strength of the U.S. SUV market, research which suggests consumers are seeking vehicles that can help them have “experiences” while being practical, safe, reliable and luxurious, the success of the Discovery in the U.K. and near doubling of the Land Rover brand worldwide, LNRA is seeking to become the “world’s premier 4x4 specialty company” through effective brand, product and retail strategies.... [tags: LRNA Business Marketing Case Study, solution]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Aphra Behn, who is the first female to achieve status of a professional playwright attempted to alter and influence the literary cannon through her writing, which was a precarious occupation but allowed literature to evolve in a wider range. Behn was also one of the wittiest and entertaining as evidenced through her most renowned play, The Rover, which is a restoration, yet dark comedy set in 17th century Italy while under the colonial reign of Spain. The large cast of characters becomes embroiled in scenes and consist a mix of themes of infidelity, seduction, misrepresentation, and elaborate swordplay, which create tension and confusion in addition to many comedic episodes.... [tags: Literary Analysis, The Rover]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- The main objective of the project was to design, build and introduce at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) a spreadsheet model that summarises the output of the press shop operations in the company’s plant in Halewood. This model will be employed by JLR in order to monitor and assess the press shop performance, as it generates summaries of the stamping operations that contain both summary statistics and comprehensive charts. The structure of the spreadsheet model, its main features and the way it was implemented at JLR have already been presented in part A (client report) of the dissertation.... [tags: Tata Motors, Land Rover, Jaguar Cars]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Land Rover's top model - the full-size, luxury Range Rover - comes to market with some major changes for 2006, improving on the line that had already received a complete makeover just three years ago. The biggest news is the addition of a supercharged version - billed as the "most powerful Range Rover ever." But even the normally aspirated HSE model, which we tested for this report, received a good share of upgrades. Another big change for 2006 is that the Range Rover's engines are now derived from Jaguar.... [tags: Range Rover Land Case Study Analysis Auto]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
Analytics Means Using Data And Performing Statistical Analysis On It, Applying Quantitative And Predictive Models
- Analytics means using data and performing statistical analysis on it, applying quantitative and predictive models, in order to arrive at a certain decision. Analytics can be the first step in a process or can rather be an intermediate step as well. Analysis can be done using different set of tools that are available in the market or it can done manually using different concept and formulas. Business intelligence firms like Cognos, SAS and BusinessObjects have developed different tools that are readily available in market that assist in analysis and decision making.... [tags: Tata Group, Tata Motors, Land Rover]
2179 words (6.2 pages)
- The financial aspect of the company is studied using various methodologies such as cash flow analysis and various investment appraisal methods. In this project we have chosen to use NPV and IRR methods of investment appraisal because of several reasons. Investment appraisal could have also been performed by other methods like Payback Period, but the drawback of this method is that it does not consider cash flows that arrive after the payback period and hence can lead to nonsensical decision in some cases.... [tags: Business Administration]
2277 words (6.5 pages)
- Though the course of research I will be discuss the best case options for Ford Motor Company. The best back up plan for flexibility and decision making. How an effective action plan can be created. Also, identify three steps to make a workable plan and why they are important. Finally, discuss the best option for the Company and reasoning for choosing it. Case Options Ford Motor Company has been one of the most prominent automobile produces for the last 100 years. In recent years Ford Motor Company has been losing money.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1245 words (3.6 pages)