Rome and Paris are both known for their historical significance, not only the events but the people too. The two destinations have been well known for being home to many great people. The locations have both had important leaders such as Caesar Augustus in Rome. Adele Evans in DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome says that Michaelangelo is a very well-known sculptor, painter, and poet from Rome. He is known for his work on the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel and his sculpture called the Pietà (18). In the book Italy, by Jean Valbonne she mentions that Rome has also been home to others such as the painter Raphael who painted some popular Madonna paintings. The city may not be what it is today without a man named Bramante who began his career as a painter and later became the lead architect of the Vatican which is a separate country that is inside of Rome (91). Many well-known artists have come from Rome and other important ...
... middle of paper ...
... many aspects to think about when making any trip, but when a break is needed it is best to take it so as to not get too stressed.
Brennan, Ethel, and Sara Remington. Paris to Provence: Childhood Memories of Food & France. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel, 2013. Print.
Evans, Adele. Rome. New York: Penguin, 2012. Print. Eyewitness Travel Guides.
McLachlan, Angela. French in the Primary Classroom: Ideas and Resources for the Non-linguist Teacher. London: Continuum International, 2008. Print.
Steves, Rick, Steve Smith, and Gene Openshaw. Rick Steves' Paris 2014. N.p.: Avalon Travel, 2013. Print.
Rick Steves' Ser. Time Out Guides Ltd. Time Out Paris. Ed. Peterjon Cresswell. N.p.: Time Out Guides, 2005. Print.
Valbonne, Jean. Italy. Genève: Minerva, 1973. Print.
Vankat, Julie. "Rome Experience." Telephone interview. 8 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Traveling to a different continent is like traveling to a different world. There are new cultures to be experienced and unfamiliar places to explore. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the norms in a different country in order to have a smooth and enjoyable vacation. With 725 million people, 50 countries, and 20 official languages, there is much to learn about Europe (Europe). In order to have a perfect European vacation, it is essential to recognize the best time to travel, different methods of transportation, currency conversions, and the best places to visit.... [tags: informative essay]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Vietnam is one of those countries which beauty cannot be comprehended without ever visiting it. Not much about the country is well known except for its famous noodles the “Pho.” For example, only a few people know that the country broke off from the Chinese empire in 938AD. As a result some of the Vietnamese culture are of Chinese origins. The local culture revolves around the belief of humanity and harmony which makes them pleasant to be around. However, like other Southeast Asian countries Vietnam has a few issues considering safety in different aspects of the country, such as food and transportation.... [tags: Vacation Essays]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- The afternoon of July 10th, my birthday, was bright, cheerful, and balmy with the fresh warmth of a full-summer day. The flowers were blossoming exuberantly and the grass was sumptuously green. The rhythmical scratch and slap of leather soles smacked on concrete block. The rich aroma of creamy cheese coming from the cheese stores and the fresh scent of delicious freshly baked bread made me convinced that Paris is my dream country. I walked along the sidewalk, smelling the rich and creamy scent of cheeses so strong you could almost taste it.... [tags: dream, paris, theif, dinseyland]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Comparision of the two websites I have selected, which are The Maine Website and The Paris Pass Firstly, I will be discussing about the Maine Website. This website does have relevant information regarding places the tourists could visit, the place that will be suitable for the tourists and the places they could book. It makes it less complex for the tourist and they will less likely be lost when they visit the destination. There are maps available, which they can download, which means they are more secure and wouldn 't need to worry much about this issue.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Paris, Color]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Walt Disney World Resorts is the ultimate vacation destination. With four theme parks, two water parks, a downtown shopping district, a plethora of resort hotels and more, it has plenty to offer its diverse guests. I visit Walt Disney World at least once a year, and sometimes more if I am able to. With every visit, the more things I find to love about it. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the riveting attractions, the stores, restaurants, and everything else. Personally, Walt Disney world never loses its magic.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- This year forget about staying home for your vacation. Come down to Paris with your family and have the best time of your life. Visit our beautiful museums, iconic skyscrapers and enjoy our excellent cuisine. There are hundreds of fantastic, highly recommended restaurants, the only hard decision you’ll be making on this trip is where to eat each night. These are just a factor of thousands of things your family can enjoy this beautiful city. So this year forget about staying home on the couch watching Netflix, book your family a trip to paradise.... [tags: Mona Lisa, Leonardo da Vinci, Paris, Louvre]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- A couple days ago, I read an interesting anecdote. It is all about time, money, and dream vacation. It says “there are at least two impulses in the whole life. One is for love without concerning consequence, and the other is for a travel without delay.” Basically, the main idea of the story is when we are young, we have so such time to spare and full of energy, but not enough money in our pocket so we cannot travel around the world. As we are growing up, we spend more time on working just for money, but less time with our family and all.... [tags: personal reflections]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- This year, forget about staying home for your vacation. Come down to Paris with your family and have the best time of your life. Visit our beautiful museums, iconic skyscrapers and enjoy our excellent cuisine. There are hundreds of fantastic, highly recommended restaurants, the only hard decision you’ll be making on this trip is where to eat each night. These are just a factor of thousands of things your family can enjoy this beautiful city. So this year, forget about staying home on the couch watching Netflix, book your family a trip to paradise.... [tags: Mona Lisa, Leonardo da Vinci, Paris, Louvre]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- Paris in the 1920’s – “The Lost Generation” Between the end of the First World War and Hitler's seizure of power a cultural explosion occurred in Paris that altered our notions of art and reality and shaped our way of viewing the world ever since. In the 1920's, Paris became the undisputed international capital of pleasure and was regarded as the cultural and artistic center of Europe with a reputation for staging one of its most glamorous eras, as well as some of the most spectacular revues in the world.... [tags: History France Paris Fitzgerald Hemingway Essays]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Rome The Greeks, after their country had been reduced into a province, imputed the triumphs of Rome, not to the merit, but to the FORTUNE, of the republic. The inconstant goddess, who so blindly distributes and resumes her favours, had now consented (such was the language of envious flattery) to resign her wings, to descend from her globe, and to fix her firm and immutable throne on the banks of the Tiber. A wiser Greek, who has composed, with a philosophic spirit, the memorable history of his own times, deprived his countrymen of this vain and delusive comfort by opening to their view the deep foundations of the greatness of Rome. The fidelity of the citizens to each other, and to t... [tags: Roman Culture Rome Military History Essays]
4325 words (12.4 pages)