“Physical attractions are common, but a real mental connection is rare. If you find it, hold onto it.” This quote being said, think about how you would like to receive and give love in a romantic relationship. Everyone has different needs and wants in a romantic relationship. When finding a relationship type one usually will pull to one over the other due to their lifestyle at the time. Romantic relationships can be hard to figure out which type you may be in or was in, but each of these classifications will help people determine the relationship they may or may not have been in or are now in.
Disney Relationships are so-called fairy tale relationships. The couple falls in love fast and one could say love at first sight. Cinderella, She danced with the prince and they fell in love. She had to leave by midnight and it was at the top of the hour, she ran and lost one slipper going up the stairs. The prince found the slipper and searched for her. After he found her, they are married and lived happily ever after. This type of love is hard to find. It’s very hard to find someone who you can just automatically click with without lusting or only physical attraction. When you find this love, many will find it in the opposite type of person than what they normally find love in. When you find this love make sure you don’t become naive to the relationship. You will want to focus on how to keep the sparks flying in the relationship so the love don’t die off so to call. Disney relationships are the complete opposite of the three-point relationship due to the intensity and nature of the relationship.
Three Point Relationship is a relationship that has infidelity in the relationship. One person will love one partner, but intrigued by the othe...
... middle of paper ...
...e a person feel unworthy of public knowledge of the relationship. A excellent example of this is in the movie Despicable Me 2, Gru goes on a mission with Lucy to find a bad guy. Gru can’t stand the sight of Lucy. As they reach the end of their mission Gru falls in love with Lucy. This love can be very intriguing.
As you can see there is several different types of romantic relationships. Each person should be able to determine which type of relationship they have been in previously or are currently in from the classifications listed above. The almost perfect relationship i would have to say is the Disney Relationship and/or Oop’s, I did It Again Relationship. The worst relationship to be in I would have to say is the Bonnie and Clyde and/or Three Point Relationship. Choose wisely which relationship will work best for you due to your wants and/or needs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Gilman and Stinson illustrate the reality of modeling romantic relationships off the way we were taught to love to demonstrate the idea that we accept the love we think we deserve. The Yellow Wallpaper’s author and narrator, Charlotte, has learned to love in a way that she accepts any love from her husband, John. She is always questioning her own mental illness, because of how much her physician husband downplays it. He diagnoses her with “temporary nervous depression” (Gilman 648) and she agrees with defeat by asking “what is one to do?” (648).... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Woman]
2122 words (6.1 pages)
- Conflict Recovery in Romantic Relationships Conflict in a romantic relationship is inevitable and how well partners resolve conflict between each other is crucial to understanding how relationships function and maintain successfulness. In past years, researchers have not focused a lot on how romantic partners recover from hurtful conflict discussions between each other. It has been proven that conflict management and recovery in relationships are consistent with the quality of early care that the partner received as a child, which leads to how an individual self-regulates in later years (Salvatore, Kuo, Steele, Simpson, & Collins, 2011).... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Conflict]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- When it comes to our families and close relationships, we tend to treat everything with extra care, and even more when we talk about marriage and romantic relationships. What are some of the reasons that cause a marriage to end. The question itself its complicated, the answer is even more. Its seems obvious that when things do not work out, then the solution is try to fix it, if the issue is still a problem, then the only solution left is to end it. Well, Even tough many couples choose to divorce, many other married people, today decide to continue their lives together and never get divorced.... [tags: Divorce, Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Alimony]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Friendships and romantic relationships makes our lives go round. Without them our lives would be dull and lonely. Unlike family members, we are allowed to choose our friends and lovers. There are various levels of friendships and diverse forms of romantic relationships, and they can all lead to being close, intimate, and loving. Both friendships and romances considerably enrich the well-being of our physical and mental state. Friendships can lead to romantic relationships, and romantic relationships can lead to just being friends.... [tags: Communication ]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Times have changed. Things are done differently these days, including in romantic relationships. Instead of getting a love letter, boyfriends or girlfriends get love texts. Texting can be beneficial for making small plans, but it tends to decrease the intimacy for the couple. It can create issues that may or may not be resolved, but would have been less likely to be created had it not been for texting. Texting can lead to silly misunderstandings, make the partners feel like they always need to be in contact with each other, create a tendency to resolve problems and express feelings without being face-to-face, and make them wonder if they really have their partner’s attention or not.... [tags: decrease in intimacy for couples]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- The purpose of this paper will be to explore the effect of communication technology on interpersonal relationships, with regard to the attachment styles of individuals in the relationships. The central thesis is that, based on the anxious and avoidant attachment styles of individuals in the relationship, the influence of text message “read receipts” will have a negative impact on couples’ overall relationship quality relative to the control. First, I will discuss the relevant literature on attachment styles, providing distinctions between anxious, and avoidant attachment styles.... [tags: Attachment Theory, Psychology]
2192 words (6.3 pages)
- Social-Scientists in the United States present boatloads of research on ways to keep alive the elusive spark in romantic relationships, nevertheless, we live in the country with the highest divorce-rates in the world. Meredith Small, an anthropologist from Cornell University and author of What’s Love Got to do With it?, presents a number of well-researched theories as to why so many romantic relationships may not withstand the test of time. Romantic relationships are tricky for everyone, but that hasn’t stopped us from trying.... [tags: marriages ending in divorce: why?]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- When two people come together and form a relationship the question of who should wear the pants in the relationship may come to light. Should the man be the head of the relationship. But why cant the woman be the leader. My perspective on a relationship is two people going through this crazy journey we call life side by side. The servant-leadership theory supports my perspective that a leader can effectively lead by serving first his followers. The servant-leadership theory does not place the leader above the followers.... [tags: servant-leadership]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Romantic relationships are interpersonal attractions between two people. Attraction can be one of two things, liking someone or loving someone. “Love” is a word that is thrown around like a football. It seems like everyone either loves or hates each other these days. The love I am referring to is the physical/romantic love one feels with their intimate partner. There are a plethora of theories regarding interpersonal attraction, yet there are different phases of love. The three phases of a loving romantic relationship are typically: Meeting your partner for the first time, the dating stage, and marriage and beyond.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Marriage]
2080 words (5.9 pages)
- As long as people have gotten romantically involved with one another, there has been conflict within those relationships. Some people argue that conflict is bad for the relationship and will ultimately lead to the demise of that relationship. Others argue that the conflict is good for the relationship and will help it to flourish. Conflict can be both positive and negative for a relationship. It can both help and hinder the relationship. No matter what stage the relationship is in and whether or not the relationship is being helped or hurt, conflict is always happening in different contexts.... [tags: Relationship Love Dating Essays]
2743 words (7.8 pages)