The role of the Service Coordinator is to connect clients to resources on campus and in the community. Our client population could potentially be in the exploratory, establishment, or maintenance phase. For clients in the exploratory stage, assessments could be the biggest benefit for them since most people in this stage could be unsure of what direction they want to go in. Clients in establishment phase might be clients who are towards the end of their undergraduate or graduate degrees and are seeking to strengthen skill sets in the work force. Maintenance phase clients could be in the process of furthering their education or doing continued education that is required by their career.
Clients will have access to FOCUS, where they have access to online assessments. These resources help clients who are feeling unsure of what direction they want to take in their career path. Once the client has taken the assessments on FOCUS, the counselor is able to work with the client in processing what the results were. FOCUS also allows the client to learn more about the degrees that are offered here at ISU. Along with having FOCUS as a resource for our clients, I will have handouts that direct them to CareerOneStop, Idaho Career Information System as other possibilities for information. The websites offer different resources such as assessments, learning more about a career field and learning about other possible pathways someone can pursue.
Clients who are curious about a specific career and are unsure if that is something they would like can seek out a position through Career Path Internships (CPI). “The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for students to be employed both on and off campus as interns in positions conco...
... middle of paper ...
...site can also work closely with the client IPO advisor as the counselor explores with the client the possibilities that are available to students who come to ISU.
Resources that are from the community would include Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab). Voc Rehab offers clients who have a disability, or meet other requirements to funding for schooling, training, or tools required for a certain career. Having Voc Rehab as a resource allows us to be able to help more of our clients meet their goals. Another resource from the community would be businesses that have an affiliation with ISU. Through this affiliation, business can come to job fairs that are held and there is a potential for CPI’s to be created at that business. Working closely within our community ensures that graduates from ISU know of jobs within the state and those businesses can continue to grow.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A talented and proven customer service and operations team leader who benefits from many years working within customer interfacing roles. Experienced in both B2C & B2B client relationship management. Successfully contributed to business operations meeting P&L objectives, whilst actively leading improvements in CSI (customer service index) results. Excellent analytical skills including MS Excel skills, having been involved in the launch of a new products and in analysing the investment return. Able to competently communicate at all levels, and present effectively.... [tags: Customer service, Management]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Different characteristics of managers and their works Introduction This is an era of rapid rise of enterprises, from industry revolution in 1750 to digital innovation in 1940s. Managerial philosophy has penetrated into many organisations gradually, also managers became important position that lead to operate valuable organisations. In general speaking, Charles, Sarah and Tony are managers they have same works, however sometimes they have particular level with skills, distinct roles and disparate challenges.... [tags: Organization, Challenges, Duties]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- I completed my AmeriCorps service at an Upward Bound Summer Camp. Upward Bound works to help low-income, first-generation college attendee high school students overcome social, academic, and cultural barriers to higher education. I served as their Academic Coach and Tutoring Coordinator. Originally, I was drawn to the position because of its relevance to my desire to teach high school math in high-need areas. Then when I researched it further and realized the service component, it just felt right.... [tags: Education, Learning, High school, Help]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- Over the last quarter of the sales year, it appeared that commercial sales number across the board has dropped significantly. The sales metrics for August through October 2016 indicated a thirty percent drop in the commercial market. Market research indicated no significant changes in customer satisfaction in comparison to competitor products, and no Sparkly Kleen quality changes had taken place during that period. As such, several updates have been made to the customer service model in an attempt to reinvigorate our client base, in hopes that a stale customer service model was the overall problem.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Customer service]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- There have been many changes made to the Australian Public Service since Federation and the most dramatic changes were made towards the end of the twentieth century. In the follow paper I discuss briefly the role of the public service in Australia and the part they have to play in public policy, particularly with respect to providing quality advice to government. I examine some of the most significant changes which were introduced into to the public service including the significant changes made to the employment arrangements of the department secretaries.... [tags: Policy, Policy analysis, Government]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- A coordinator of Retention and Student Success Services. She has been into several colleges for several degrees her name is Mrs. Jacqueline Strapp. Mrs. Strapp, who was one of my former teachers in a class called College Experience, which she teaches new college students on how to be successful in college. Mrs. Strapp has attended many colleges and has obtained several degrees, such as North Park University for Business Advertising, DePaul University for Masters in counseling lastly at Elmhurst College for her degree in Student Success.... [tags: University, Student]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- The role of the police service is to “uphold the law fairly and firmly; to prevent crime; to pursue and bring to justice those who break the law; to keep the Queen’s peace; to protect, help and reassure the community; and to be seen to do this with integrity, common sense and sound judgement” (Saulsbury; Newburn 1996, p.xii) to further protect the life, liberty and property of the people. The police are primarily responsible for covering activities such as catching criminals, maintaining public order, and to provide a balance between crime prevention and investigation to major issues such as terrorism and organised crime (Newburn, 2008).... [tags: Police, Crime prevention, Law enforcement, Crime]
704 words (2 pages)
- Introduction This reflection highlights the roles of ethics and social responsibilities when developing a strategic plan and the importance of stakeholders during this process. Incorporating the discussed roles will allow a strategic plan to function successfully. Finally, a personal perspective toward ethics will be shared. In general, ethics and social responsibilities plays a role by allowing a business to operate effectively, generate an honest profit, maximize social benefits, increase the confidence of the public, strengthen the relationship with stakeholders, provide an effective framework for conducting business, add value to the business image, etc.... [tags: General Roles, Legal Roles]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. What do you hope to accomplish for yourself and others through your involvement as a Student Coordinator with Into the Streets. As a Student Coordinator with Into the Streets I will have a better understanding of the professional and administrative side of service work. I think that it will also be a good opportunity in which I can develop better leadership and communication skills which will help prepare me for my future career, whatever it may be. Something I would hope to accomplish for others is to encourage others to get involved with community service work.... [tags: Disability, Special education, Human rights]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- What are the various roles taken on by group members. The roles within the group that present obstacles are the aggressor, monopolize, recognition-seeker/attention-getter, hostile/acting out and the advice-giver (Erford, 2010). The counselor will take on the role of group leader and coordinator. The group leader may explain the dynamics and organization to the group so that self-disclosure and feedback can be positive. The different roles of the members of the group are not necessarily predetermined.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Facilitator]
714 words (2 pages)