➢ Provide secretarial support to my Supervisor by organising, maintaining and updating HR files such as: Employment files, contracts, payroll files, leaves, termination status, training and performance review.
➢ Performing departmental file audits on training, licensing and proof of identity.
➢ Performing Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) checks on employee’s immigration status and work permit in the country.
➢ Provide assistance to the HR team by creating a new employee induction welcome pack and creating posters for company’s social events and employees birthday wishes for notice boards.
➢ Creating and editing a new employee handbook for Hotel Ibis.
The roles and responsibilities assigned to me have given me a clear understanding to the role of a HR professional in the real workforce. Through performing my various tasks I have learnt that the HR department has a very high responsibilities and is one of the key division that brings the company to life. Through my task of managing number of employee files,I have improve my general organising skills and attention to detail which I learn is one of the main key to become a great HR professional. At the earlier stage of my experience I was assigned to conduct a file audit for the first time with a very brief instruction, I feel challenged to complete my task as my supervisor was not around to ask questions, however I tried my best to finish the task by asking other team members and trying various methods, upon completion I still made a few mistakes. My supervisor gave me a feedback and stated that I need to improve on my attention to details. Although my supervisor ...
... middle of paper ...
...th new interesting ideas and pictures to capture employee’s attention and convey their work culture and values through the new employee handbook. The new handbook I created impressed my supervisor and is now adopted as an employee welcome handbook for hotel Ibis Perth.
Self evaluation has allow me to look at my strengths and weaknesses from my work experience and improve my employability skills and self-awareness where I can work and improve for the future. It also allows me to look back at my expectation versus the reality in the real workforce which gives me a clearer picture to my chosen career path. I have learnt that my strength lies on my great work ethics, drive, time management and creativity. However I have also learnt that I need to develop my confidence level and come out of my comfort zone and ask more question in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction This reflection highlights the roles of ethics and social responsibilities when developing a strategic plan and the importance of stakeholders during this process. Incorporating the discussed roles will allow a strategic plan to function successfully. Finally, a personal perspective toward ethics will be shared. In general, ethics and social responsibilities plays a role by allowing a business to operate effectively, generate an honest profit, maximize social benefits, increase the confidence of the public, strengthen the relationship with stakeholders, provide an effective framework for conducting business, add value to the business image, etc.... [tags: General Roles, Legal Roles]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- “Persons intentionally choose to become nurses to help patients meet their health needs,” even when the patient is actively dying. (Wu & Volker, 2012) Hospice nursing and palliative care nursing are both considered end of life care. However, hospice nursing is typically given to patients with a terminal illness and who have less than six months to live. Palliative care is typically given to patients with a life threatening illness, and is used to increase the patient’s quality of life. Choosing a nursing career in either hospice or palliative care can be extremely difficult, but will provide an opportunity for great personal growth.... [tags: Nursing Roles and Responsibilities]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Care worker Roles and responsibilities: A care worker has many responsibilities. For example, it is a care worker’s responsibility to treat each individual fairly and equally with care. This is because a care worker would have to help people who have difficulties doing everyday tasks like getting up out of bed, getting to different places around the home, getting dressed, using the facilities and on some occasions eating. Some clients in the home could have physical disabilities, learning disabilities or mental illnesses such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.... [tags: Geriatrics, Old age, Sociology, Health care]
3528 words (10.1 pages)
- This paper will discuss a manager’s role and responsibility in implementing change in the department. Change in the health care is continuous cycle which in some departments may result in anxiety, resistance to the change by employees, and in some cases individuals that the change will affect could experience angst as they assume the change may affect their future or livelihood ( www.chron.com, 2015). Roles and responsibility of manager in implementing change The roles and responsibility of the manager is significant as he or she will need to inform the employees of the process of the change and how the change will directly or indirectly affect their duties, work area, and schedule.... [tags: Management, Knowledge management, Knowledge]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- A methodical, well-developed review of literature represents the base and encouragement for sizeable, constructive investigations. The compound character of academic research requires painstaking, complex reviews Boote and Beile (2005) argued that literature reviews have the primary task of helping doctoral students in their dissertation development and assisting researchers in their investigative preparations. Maxwell (2006) agrees with the assessment by Boote & Beile (2005) on the significance of knowing how to recognize, assess, and incorporate investigative literature proficiently.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Leadership]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Many men today have shun or neglect their headship roles and responsibilities in their homes. Why. They don’t know who they are. They are confuse. Therefore they fail in their duties as head of their homes. Not because they lack the desire to do well but because they have not been coached or mentored to be a real man. Men desperately need directions in order to do well in anything. No one has really taken the time to spell out the directions for men to perform as head of their homes. Men needs guidance and directions.... [tags: Bible, New Testament, Christianity, Jesus]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- The roles and responsibilities of nurses vary based on the work settings. Nurses who are working in an acute care setting work with limited number of patients. They are responsible for the care and treatment of the patients once they accept the assignment. On the other hand, public health nursing is another specialty where nurses work with larger population within a community. The responsibilities of a public health nurse are comparatively more and different than other fields of nursing as they work to protect and support the health of the entire population.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Health, Public health]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Finally, Brother got what he wanted, but he is not satisfied. He is surprisingly destructive and harmful towards the gift he longed for. The Scarlet Ibis by James Hurst is a short novel, which may see non-fiction, but it is realistic fiction with strong emotion and feeling. The Scarlet Ibis is a story about a bother who receives a brother, but disabled and how the two brothers go through thick and thin times. Doodle and Brother have a contrasting relationship that is reflect about multiple symbols in the story.... [tags: James Hurst's The Scarlet Ibis]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- Human Resources managers have to change on a regular basis due to changes in the world. Regardless of the size and location of the organization the events happen in the world which causes them to run things differently. This paper will describe some of the changes in roles and responsibility of the human resource managers in response to trends in globalization, technology, diversity, e-business, and ethics. I will relate some the different topics to Procter and Gamble which is an organization that is very large and is located all over the world.... [tags: Globalization Human Resources]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Human Resource Roles and Responsibilities Human Resource is a key to the success of a company by keeping in connection with the organization's objectives and business strategies. Human Resource maintains a healthy work environment between company policies and individuals. Human resource management focuses on securing, maintaining, and utilizing an effective work force, which organizations cannot survive without. Human resource management can also be described as the relationship between the employer and the employee.... [tags: Human Resource Management Essays]
735 words (2.1 pages)