The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States defines comprehensive sex education: “a program that provides medically-accurate, age-appropriate information on human development, relationships, decision making, abstinence, contraception, and disease prevention . . . stressing the value of abstinence while also preparing young people for when they become sexually active.”(CITE?) It is an all-inclusive program that informs of abstinence-only and contraception so kids are able to choose which path they want to take. If it were left only to the parents, kids may be given a biased view of what a healthy sex life looks like. Further, the comprehensive sex education includes information about homosexuality: information children are not likely to get at h...
... middle of paper ...
...eceive general information touching on all topics of sex education so every child receives equal information. The weakness is that different schools may teach sex education differently, and depending on which district one is in could determine what information is taught. We would need to require the same curriculum nationwide, which is very difficult to implement. In sum, the debate demonstrates psychological theories put into practice and how they can be utilised to provide insight into a difficult topic. Most theories and studies showed sex education should be taught in schools and not just at home, primarily because sex education is more easily moderated in schools. I agree with this conclusion because I believe too many adolescents would be neglected if schools did not require sex education. The step now is to implement comprehensive sex education in all schools.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was asked by my parents, to pick the state Missouri, or the state Virginia to move to because they got a job offer to the same corporation, and was going to get paid the same amount of income roll in either state. After my research, I came up with the state that I think would fit my family and me best. If I had to choose between Missouri or Virginia, I would choose Virginia because of many reasons. Virginia has better education, jobs, and economy. Virginia also has better activities, attractions, and culture.... [tags: better education, jobs, economy]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Sexual education is a constant development that starts from birth and continues across the developmental life span. During this process, it is crucial to lay a strong foundation for sexual health. There are many factual and non-factual opinions about the topic of sexual education. It is constantly it is being discussed and highly publicized in our society via Mass Media and some of the most influential people in our lives. Sexual education is more than sex; it’s about sexual development, reproduction, intimacy, gender role relationships and self-respect.... [tags: Sexual Education, argumentative, persuasive]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Children can receive a quality education at home resulting in a higher level of learning than public school and lead them to be more successful in college and in life. Receiving a quality education at home is becoming increasingly popular for more families every year. Because of this growing trend, families now have lots of online learning tools and access to other homeschooling families for support and ideas. Therefore, the internet is making it easier for students to receive an education at home that is rivaling the quality of public school education.... [tags: Homeschooling, Alternative education, Unschooling]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- The Innumerable Benefits to Home Schooling In his book The Right Choice – Home Schooling, Chris Klicka argues that “Sending our children to the public school … is tantamount to sending our children to be trained by the enemy” (Crank 25). Though his words may be considered harsh by some parents, many Americans agree with him and feel that public school is only endangering their children; home schooling is the modern day alternative that many mothers and fathers have chosen to turn to. Those who feel that the world of the public school is detrimental to their children’s growth and health are not alone; they share the beliefs of many parents who feel that home schooling has many benefits and a... [tags: Home-School Education Teaching Essays]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” ~ Elizabeth Warren. The reasoning behind why I want to go to college is to better my future. I am considered one of the first generation in my family to go to college, putting a lot of meaning behind why I believe I should go on to a different path. From a very young age I have always held high expectations of myself, even of the numerous changes in careers I had obtained an interest in. I have always envisioned myself going to college because I certainly value education.... [tags: High school, Secondary education, College]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Nelson Mandela once said , “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.” By speaking in a student’s own language it has much more impact than speaking in another. Bilingual education provides that opportunity to speak to students’ hearts in order for them to learn. Schools should not have English- Only education because bilingual education provides equal opportunity for academic achievement and creates an accepting classroom that allows cultural diversity.... [tags: Multilingualism, Second language, English language]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- My life experiences thus far bring the best of both worlds to my education and career goals; a student coupled with a variety of life experiences. Being a newly graduated non-traditional student, mother of school-aged children, and experience working with students in the classroom, I bring diversity to your program. Through personal analysis and efforts with other professionals, I have overcome early childhood tragedies. Desiring to make the best use of my experiences by helping others to overcome trauma, and insecure upbringings by conquering these adversities and circumstances positively.... [tags: Better, Learning, Education, Management]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- So many reasons why parents choose to home school their children. Even though it has been said that the drop-out rate is higher than in public schools, it has been proven by the NHERI (National Home Education Research Institute) that home schooled children have a higher success rate for college education. NHERI conducts, collects and provides research on homeschooling and publishes the information in the Home School Researcher Journal. Home schooling has become very popular and some people believe that it provides a better education.... [tags: alternative education systems]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Acquiring education is one of the most critical aspects of a person’s life. It should be seen as vital as the air we breathe. The key to a healthy mind and a successful person is learning. “Without education, you’re not going anywhere in this world” is a famous quote by Malcolm X. His quote reiterates that the competitive world makes it essential for us to have a proper education since it will serve as our weapon to conquer the world. Education will help a person grow as an individual because a highly knowledgeable person will have a better grip on handling any problem that comes his or her way.... [tags: educator, persuasive]
1048 words (3 pages)
- By exercising the choice to home school, home schooling parents are selecting the type of education their children receive. The choice to home school is both a developmental philosophy and a political response to existing educational institutions and contemporary social order. Yet dissatisfaction with public schools has made many parents more receptive in recent years to different education reforms, including home schooling. Some parents also tout home schooling as a way to teach their children religious values, which they say are absent from the secular public school system.... [tags: Education]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Reasons For Chosen Approach At Santos Family, The Most Effective Approach Is Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
- Analysis Of The Movie ' Pokemon '
- The Rise Of Journalism, Public Relations, And Advertising
- The Biological / Evolutionary Perspective
- Should High Schools Have A Four Day School Week?
- I Don 't Do My Homework