Rogers Business Solutions provides solutions for small, medium and large enterprises, career customers and the government. Rogers Media includes products and services such as broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, magazines and digital media.
Since Edward Samuel Rogers’ death in December of 2008, Rogers Communications has had two CEOs, surprisingly none of them were his son. Nadir Mohamed became CEO in 2009 and retired in 2013, when the torch was passed on to Guy Laurence, who was the head of Vodaphone U.K.
Rogers has always been a leader in innovative technology and services, from the invention of the first radio to different levels of cable services and the country’s first cellular and high-speed network.
Rogers has invested billions of dollars purchasing successful businesses such as magazines like Macleans, radio stations (680 & CFRB), sports facilities (Rogers Centre) as well as investing in sporting organizations. On December 9th, 2011 Rogers along with Bell bought a majority stake (79.53%) in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE) which is a Canadian professional sports business that owns the Leafs, the Raptors, Toronto FC, and the Marlies. They are also property owners of the Air Canada Centre which is the Leafs and the Raptors home arena. It’s clear they want to reach e...
... middle of paper ...
...ffective sites and the Rogers owned social sites are very welcoming and promote any and all feedback from their consumers. They will stand the test of time.
1. http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal Retrieved April 1st, 2014
2. Rogers Facebook Retrieved April 1st, 2014
3. Tweets backfires Retrieved April 1st, 2014
4. CP | By LuAnn LaSalle, The Canadian Press Posted: 09/12/2013 9:05 am EDT | Updated: 09/12/2013 5:03 pm EDT
5. FromWikipedia: Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment: 3 April 2014 at 19:33 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_Leaf_Sports_%26_Entertainment#Ownership
6. Busines Canada Retrieved April 2nd, 2014, http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/12/rogers-ceo-guy-laurence_n_3913238.html
7. TheStart.com , Retrieved April 2nd, 2014,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The number of revolutions in the last 3 decades has increased, and seems to keep increasing. Civil unrest and protests brought many victims including civil and political figures throughout the world. In the era where technology is at the peak of its success, especially in communication technologies, mankind suffers from lack of communication. Problem is not caused by the technology itself, the problem is in human nature. I will continue with an analogy. Man invented the knife, which is very useful tool in our daily lives.... [tags: Social Media Essays]
3253 words (9.3 pages)
- Introduction Technology has transformed the world as we know it and our lives at present are considerably different than our ancestors. The use of electronic devices and especially with combination of internet has become almost a necessity. Over the past decade, internet usage has been significantly influenced by the use of social media and it radically transformed the use of internet. Understanding the impact of social media on personal, social and also institutional level can utilize it efficiently.... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Increasing number of Facebook “likes” is the important social media’s version of building subscribers to our list of services. One of the famous Facebook specialist allfcebook.com states that for them Facebook are in twice compared to the list of email list. Steve gaither from JB Chicago reports that conversion rates of Facebook and twitter are very powerful one compared to other social media marketing campaigns. Conversion rate of Facebook and Twitter These are the summery of JB Chicago founded from their campaigns.... [tags: networking, popularity, social Media]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Science has invented many technologies today, which have made global village. We can see that people use vary types of social media blogs in their day to day life, which has removed distance from one place to another place. Even they use these blogs to expand business, which avails to get profit in short time without rush in their daily lives. Big company can easily reach to consumer and sell their products and get more profits. In addition to this International Company, they use blogs like Twitter, Facebook to advertise their products.... [tags: social media, blogs, platforms]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction Using social media to market an organisation has become more common and integral to a success of a brand, product, and company. Social media strategies are used by many organisations, but how do you know if they are successful and worth your time and money. A social media’s success can be tracked quantifiable using metrics (Gold). There are hundreds of social media and web metrics that can be used to determine if a social media campaign is successful, but a few are key and should be monitored at all times (Chitwood).... [tags: technology, social media]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- Geek uses various social media sites to lead his fellow Egyptian’s in revolt over their fellow citzens in office. Yes, that comical statement is as true and real as the air one breaths. Wael Ghonim is a 30 year old Arab man with profound abilities when it comes to technology. As the head of Google’s marketing for the Middle East and North Africa, one can perceive how much potential and success this young man harbors. Naturally one would assume that he would not let himself become engrossed in political affairs, but be consumed with only financial and personal gain.... [tags: greek, social media]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter allow you to find and connect with just about anyone, from old high school friends to co-workers and neighbors. Participating in social media sites such as these can make you feel more connected, but such an easy, casual connection in an electronic environment can also have its downside. First of all sites like Facebook promote sharing details of our lives with one another. Posts can range from a simple update on what shows someone is watching, cooking for dinner, or pictures of you and your friends having drinks and doing shots at a local bar.... [tags: Social Networking, Social Media]
374 words (1.1 pages)
- Brian Dunn the CEO of Best Buy learned a difficult lesson using social media as a communication tool (Robbins, Decenzo, & Coulter, 2013). What started as a great tool to communicate with his employees turned into a disaster. Brian Dunn’s twitter account was hacked by someone logging on as him and sent inappropriate messages to all his connections. These devastating incidents can ruin companies and cause employees to question their leadership. Problems with social media can be as small as a miss spelled word, to a customer posting negative comments about a company for the world to read.... [tags: social media, communication]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific Works Cited Not Included In Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific, the main theme is racial prejudices. The two main characters, Emile de Becque and Nellie Forbush are faced with these problems as they attempt a relationship. Two other minor characters, Lt. Joe Cable and Liat, are faced with the same dilemma. Both Nellie and Joe Cable have a hard time coping with their own racial prejudices; Joe loves Liat, yet cannot marry her because she is Tonkinese ; Nellie loves Emile, but cannot marry him because of his former Polynesian wife.... [tags: Rogers Hammerstein South Pacific Essays]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Fred McFeely Rogers Fred McFeely Rogers was born on March 20, 1928 in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. He studied at Dartmouth College in Hanover between 1946 and 1948. Mr. Rogers received his BA in Music Composition in 1951, from Rolling College in Winter Park, Florida. After college, Mr. Rogers studied in the Ministry and intended to preach after he was ordained in 1962, but was diverted by television. Mr. Rogers began working for a local Children’s channel series “The Children’s Corner.” While working for this local channel, In 1963, Mr.... [tags: Mister Rogers Mr. Rogers]
378 words (1.1 pages)