Rogers Business Solutions provides solutions for small, medium and large enterprises, career customers and the government. Rogers Media includes products and services such as broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, magazines and digital media.
Since Edward Samuel Rogers’ death in December of 2008, Rogers Communications has had two CEOs, surprisingly none of them were his son. Nadir Mohamed became CEO in 2009 and retired in 2013, when the torch was passed on to Guy Laurence, who was the head of Vodaphone U.K.
Rogers has always been a leader in innovative technology and services, from the invention of the first radio to different levels of cable services and the country’s first cellular and high-speed network.
Rogers has invested billions of dollars purchasing successful businesses such as magazines like Macleans, radio stations (680 & CFRB), sports facilities (Rogers Centre) as well as investing in sporting organizations. On December 9th, 2011 Rogers along with Bell bought a majority stake (79.53%) in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE) which is a Canadian professional sports business that owns the Leafs, the Raptors, Toronto FC, and the Marlies. They are also property owners of the Air Canada Centre which is the Leafs and the Raptors home arena. It’s clear they want to reach e...
... middle of paper ...
...ffective sites and the Rogers owned social sites are very welcoming and promote any and all feedback from their consumers. They will stand the test of time.
1. http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal Retrieved April 1st, 2014
2. Rogers Facebook Retrieved April 1st, 2014
3. Tweets backfires Retrieved April 1st, 2014
4. CP | By LuAnn LaSalle, The Canadian Press Posted: 09/12/2013 9:05 am EDT | Updated: 09/12/2013 5:03 pm EDT
5. FromWikipedia: Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment: 3 April 2014 at 19:33 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_Leaf_Sports_%26_Entertainment#Ownership
6. Busines Canada Retrieved April 2nd, 2014, http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/12/rogers-ceo-guy-laurence_n_3913238.html
7. TheStart.com , Retrieved April 2nd, 2014,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Social media refers to the sharing of information among people in a networked environment. It is concerned with the creation of virtual communities where members interact electronically through ICT platforms. People can share videos, photographs and different forms of communication through social media facilities. Advancement in information communication technology has fueled the development of social media networking. Evolution of mobile computing and development of internet-enabled mobile phones has catalyzed the development of social media networking (Davis and Linda 101).... [tags: Marketing, Business, Social media, Advertising]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- The New Media Age has brought about a wealth of technological innovations from the smartphone to online social media platforms. These creations have changed the way many people conduct their daily lives, but it has also changed the way the world faces privacy. New technologies make the spread of information astonishingly easy. As information is more readily available to a vast online audience, there is growing concern for the protection of people’s private information. Yet these technologies offer a number of limitations ranging from ownership of information to the ability to circumnavigate privacy systems that diminish privacy to a mere concept left to be desired, in turn altering the perce... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Social network]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction The number of revolutions in the last 3 decades has increased, and seems to keep increasing. Civil unrest and protests brought many victims including civil and political figures throughout the world. In the era where technology is at the peak of its success, especially in communication technologies, mankind suffers from lack of communication. Problem is not caused by the technology itself, the problem is in human nature. I will continue with an analogy. Man invented the knife, which is very useful tool in our daily lives.... [tags: Social Media Essays]
3253 words (9.3 pages)
- A Use of Social Media in Businesses The study of Harvard Business Review Analytic Services (2010) showed some interesting facts. The research has been implemented by surveying 2,100 companies in 2010. It might be a little old, but its results are much understandable and authentic. It revealed 75% of companies did not have an idea where their customers were talking about. And, approximately 30% of them just have been using social media without measuring its effectiveness. It could look like that companies were struggling how to utilize social media in businesses at that time.... [tags: Marketing, Sociology, Social media]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction Technology has transformed the world as we know it and our lives at present are considerably different than our ancestors. The use of electronic devices and especially with combination of internet has become almost a necessity. Over the past decade, internet usage has been significantly influenced by the use of social media and it radically transformed the use of internet. Understanding the impact of social media on personal, social and also institutional level can utilize it efficiently.... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Science has invented many technologies today, which have made global village. We can see that people use vary types of social media blogs in their day to day life, which has removed distance from one place to another place. Even they use these blogs to expand business, which avails to get profit in short time without rush in their daily lives. Big company can easily reach to consumer and sell their products and get more profits. In addition to this International Company, they use blogs like Twitter, Facebook to advertise their products.... [tags: social media, blogs, platforms]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- If you ever thought about influencers ' social media success, you 've probably noticed a number of factors that are involved in the influencers popularity. There are certain common things which take their personal brands to the next level such as a huge number of followers, a dedicated audience, and the regular re-sharing of their content. That being said, it 's true that these top guys get a lot of traction on social media. However, it doesn 't necessarily mean that we can 't get that. It’s totally possible.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, LinkedIn]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific Works Cited Not Included In Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific, the main theme is racial prejudices. The two main characters, Emile de Becque and Nellie Forbush are faced with these problems as they attempt a relationship. Two other minor characters, Lt. Joe Cable and Liat, are faced with the same dilemma. Both Nellie and Joe Cable have a hard time coping with their own racial prejudices; Joe loves Liat, yet cannot marry her because she is Tonkinese ; Nellie loves Emile, but cannot marry him because of his former Polynesian wife.... [tags: Rogers Hammerstein South Pacific Essays]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Fred McFeely Rogers Fred McFeely Rogers was born on March 20, 1928 in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. He studied at Dartmouth College in Hanover between 1946 and 1948. Mr. Rogers received his BA in Music Composition in 1951, from Rolling College in Winter Park, Florida. After college, Mr. Rogers studied in the Ministry and intended to preach after he was ordained in 1962, but was diverted by television. Mr. Rogers began working for a local Children’s channel series “The Children’s Corner.” While working for this local channel, In 1963, Mr.... [tags: Mister Rogers Mr. Rogers]
378 words (1.1 pages)