Rogers Business Solutions provides solutions for small, medium and large enterprises, career customers and the government. Rogers Media includes products and services such as broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, magazines and digital media.
Since Edward Samuel Rogers’ death in December of 2008, Rogers Communications has had two CEOs, surprisingly none of them were his son. Nadir Mohamed became CEO in 2009 and retired in 2013, when the torch was passed on to Guy Laurence, who was the head of Vodaphone U.K.
Rogers has always been a leader in innovative technology and services, from the invention of the first radio to different levels of cable services and the country’s first cellular and high-speed network.
Rogers has invested billions of dollars purchasing successful businesses such as magazines like Macleans, radio stations (680 & CFRB), sports facilities (Rogers Centre) as well as investing in sporting organizations. On December 9th, 2011 Rogers along with Bell bought a majority stake (79.53%) in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE) which is a Canadian professional sports business that owns the Leafs, the Raptors, Toronto FC, and the Marlies. They are also property owners of the Air Canada Centre which is the Leafs and the Raptors home arena. It’s clear they want to reach e...
... middle of paper ...
...ffective sites and the Rogers owned social sites are very welcoming and promote any and all feedback from their consumers. They will stand the test of time.
1. http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal Retrieved April 1st, 2014
2. Rogers Facebook Retrieved April 1st, 2014
3. Tweets backfires Retrieved April 1st, 2014
4. CP | By LuAnn LaSalle, The Canadian Press Posted: 09/12/2013 9:05 am EDT | Updated: 09/12/2013 5:03 pm EDT
5. FromWikipedia: Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment: 3 April 2014 at 19:33 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_Leaf_Sports_%26_Entertainment#Ownership
6. Busines Canada Retrieved April 2nd, 2014, http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/12/rogers-ceo-guy-laurence_n_3913238.html
7. TheStart.com , Retrieved April 2nd, 2014,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Marketing departments find that the biggest challenges they face is how to market their products to a large audience. To successfully implement a marketing and advertising strategy for their organization the marketing department most look into all the tools and outlets in which will reach their target market. With the new popularity of social media and its global reach provides marketing departments with a powerful tool to reach its target market. To achieve penetration to the target market, marketing department must keep consistency but also differentiate their advertisement campaigns to accommodate their individual market segments (Cadotte & Bruce, 2003).... [tags: Marketing, Social media, LinkedIn, Advertising]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- The term audit is being used with increased repetition and not just in the financial sector but also in education, medicine and environment among other issues. Audit tries to deliver higher accountability, precision and standards to the users of financial standards, especially since the separation between ownership and management had occurred in the 19th century, and with it the need of the stakeholders of being assured that their investments are in reliable hands. A definition of audit is given by Crawford et al and it signalises the expectation of the users regarding the audit report.... [tags: Audit, Financial audit, Auditing]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- In past history, print media, such as newspapers, flyers, and brochures, were considered the only form of media for Back in the day , print was the only form of media for the longest. Then , radio and television emerged and people were exposed to way more culture including , sex , violence and the idolization of celebrities. As technology advanced, the internet was born and information was being spread at a more rapid rate to more people. The internet influences the growth and spread of media, and eventually gave the power of media transfer to the people, now publishers and stations are no longer in control of the media and its information.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Newspaper, Media]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Ninety percent of American young adults (ages 18 to 29) use social media (Pew Research Center, 2015). According to Pew Research Center (2015), women are more likely to use social media than men. It is important, then, to consider the impact of young females’ presence on social media networks such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and how these platforms influence decision making processes. RESEARCH TERRITORY Literature in this field has addressed the relationship between a female’s social media use and her perception of self (i.e.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Research]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout this essay I will analyze today’s advertising industry mainly through social media. I will complete this by exploring all the advertisements that were targeted to me, being the consumer over a three day period. Firstly, it is important to define what advertising actually is according to Will Rogers,“advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don’t have for something they don’t need” (Pg. 32). Clearly this quote insinuates advertising can be a persuasive business, this is a topic which will be discussed when looking at the advertisements targeted at myself.... [tags: Advertising, Google, Marketing, Social media]
2752 words (7.9 pages)
- In this day of age people rely on all sorts of face-to-face communication that ultimately diminish because of these new social technologies. These questions are ones that many researchers have found extremely intriguing since the popularization of social media in the last decade. Within this topic, social competency is an important ideal that most people strive towards, but there is evidence to support the claims that social media is actually harming people’s ability to interact competently in an offline setting.... [tags: Sociology, Social media, Facebook]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Social media refers to the sharing of information among people in a networked environment. It is concerned with the creation of virtual communities where members interact electronically through ICT platforms. People can share videos, photographs and different forms of communication through social media facilities. Advancement in information communication technology has fueled the development of social media networking. Evolution of mobile computing and development of internet-enabled mobile phones has catalyzed the development of social media networking (Davis and Linda 101).... [tags: Marketing, Business, Social media, Advertising]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Being born in the 90’s social media didn’t really exist at the time. Internet was created in 1992 and most people “raced to get a PC in every household was on. And, by 1995, the site that may have been the first to fulfill the modern definition of social networking was born” (Trends 2014). Some of the first social media sites created were classmates, Sixdegrees, AsianAvenue, MiGente, and BlackPlanet. But for people in my generation remember when MySpace first came out and that was what everyone was using at the time.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Person, People]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific Works Cited Not Included In Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific, the main theme is racial prejudices. The two main characters, Emile de Becque and Nellie Forbush are faced with these problems as they attempt a relationship. Two other minor characters, Lt. Joe Cable and Liat, are faced with the same dilemma. Both Nellie and Joe Cable have a hard time coping with their own racial prejudices; Joe loves Liat, yet cannot marry her because she is Tonkinese ; Nellie loves Emile, but cannot marry him because of his former Polynesian wife.... [tags: Rogers Hammerstein South Pacific Essays]
906 words (2.6 pages)