Robots are being used to help humans and make life easier. They are used in restaurants, crime fighting, medicine, education, protection, around the home, and even in coffee. There are a few types of robots too, like Industrial robots, social robots, and toys. Robots are able to perform many tasks that humans aren’t able to. This helps to set apart robots from humans and make everyday life a little easier.
Robots are being used in restaurants to serve food and drinks, cook, and entertain. A place in Heilongjiang Province in China has a restaurant that has 20 robots performing these tasks. once a robot takes an order a chef bot gets started on preparing the dish. after the meal is cooked it is sent down a conveyor belt where a mechanical arm takes the dish and sets it down on the waiter robots. These waiter bots take the dishes down a black trail to the table with the order. That 's how the robots are being used in restaurants.
People have created a robot security guard to help with enforcing law. It stands 5 feet tall and weighs 300 lbs. The Knightscope robot uses a 360 degree camera and a laser scanner to scan faces, license plates, report live footage, and geotag. This robot is completely unarmed and is used to observe and alert. People have asked how this robot can protect itself from vandalism and the answer was that they have many sensors and alarm stages as well as a vandal-proof coating. Further answers about the robot 's self-defense measures have been classified to protect the robot from enemies. This is an example of how robots can assist us in crime fighting in the near future.
Robotics in the age of medicine and surgery is becoming a little more popular. Surgery is becoming ...
... middle of paper ...
...e to be family friendly and help with better advanced communication, interacting with children, and taking pictures/videos. JIBO is able to rotate in any direction and if using Skype, it can seem like you’re turning around to look at people. JIBO can also recognize and follow your facial features allowing it to be able to take pictures when asked and make you feel like you 're talking to an actual person. Echo has been a robot just like JIBO but can’t rotate or look at you, but it can hear you from far away and even over the top of the music. Echo can also alert you about power sources that are on and are able to shut it off if you request. Echo can also remind you of the appliances and groceries you need and order them for you mostly over Amazon, the creators of the robot Echo.This is how robots have made it in our households and make life a little easier and lazier.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first known robot was created around 400-350 BC by the mathematician Archytas and was a steam powered pigeon. Archytas constructed his bird out of wood and used steam to power the movement of the robot. This bird was then suspended from a pivot bar at one point the bird managed to fly as much as 200 meters before it ran out of steam. This is not only the first known robot. Robots are machines capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically or controlled by imputed source by impued source.... [tags: electromechanical beings]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Robots are over-taking us. Or are being taken over by robots. There have been many robots developed to make life easier. Robotics has had some positive effects in the performance of certain jobs. It can help us complete difficult jobs that use materials that are not safe for humans to handle such as radioactive materials. A single robot can do heavy tasks that would require 10 people to complete. However, this savings in time and money for companies could result in loss of hours and wages for employees.... [tags: disadvantages, jobs, performance]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- What comes to mind when you think of robots. Possibly robots taking over the world may come to mind. Some people may say this thought is absurd but, you are in fact quite close. Robots will not take over the world but our jobs. Some business owners prefer to have robots as employees rather than actually human workers for numerous reasons. Unfortunately, if this occurs people will become unemployed and will probably start to die off. On the bright side, scientists have already thought ahead and have devised a way to have robots and humans work together.... [tags: machines, complex actions]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- R.U.R. (Rossum’s Universal Robots) was set in the post World War 1 era. The war led to an increase in production and industrialization throughout most of the world. The assembly line and humans that did monotonous tasks at work became much more common. Some felt that that this physical labor was inhuman. Rossum sought to find a way to make human labor unnecessary so that humans could do as they pleased and find only pleasure in life. On Rossum 's island most of the humans thought that people could not have too much pleasure and should work as little as possible.... [tags: Meaning of life, Human, Life, Childbirth]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- In the 60‘s, 70‘s and 80‘s a Hannah Barbara production of “The Jetsons”, a family living in the year 2062 was a popular TV cartoon. The space age family age looks like our families with the exception of Rosie, a robot that manages the household. This might have been a far fetched idea back than however we may all have our own Rosie's, a personal home robot to tackle many jobs that we don’t like or have time to do. The development of the robot is being produced to look and behave like a human. It is with these characteristics that humans will relate to and probably trust to manage our own personal needs.... [tags: quick diagnosis, the jetsons, space age]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Robots have done most of exploring in space. The moon and also the earth are the only planets that humans can get to. On the other hand, robots can get to locations in outer space such as the Moon, Venus, Mars, Titan, including Jupiter, and also a few comets and asteroids. Robots can travel further and faster, as well as returning more scientific data than missions that include humans. Robots, definitely, have and will continue to contribute to our understanding of the Universe today. Space robots can be divided into two types: ROV and RMS, ROV is (Remotely Operated Vehicle) and the other is the RMS (Remote Manipulator System).... [tags: Robotics, Robot, Industrial robot, NASA]
1754 words (5 pages)
- Robots are becoming an interesting invention in human lives especially in millennials generation that are dealing sophisticated life and technology. Known for their appearance in many sci-fi movies, robots have become more and more intriguing among today’s generations. Robots are created to help the humans in their complicated or dangerous work. In constantly revolving world, robots are created with the purpose of aiding humans in sophisticated or dangerous labor. According to Mary Bellis, an inventors expert in her article “The Definition of A Robot,” a robot is a real or imaginary machine that is controlled by a computer and is often made to look like a human or animal, and a machine that... [tags: Human, Thought, Hominidae]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Robots have been seen in science fiction movies and books for many decades. With technology increasing at an exponential rate, science fiction is quickly becoming fiction. Advancement in robotics technology will provide the opportunity for the improvement of the quality of human life, but actual implementation and integration poses some problems that will require careful thought. We should be open to this new age of technology, but must also be aware of the numerous difficulties and possible ramifications this new age may bring us.... [tags: science fiction, miltary applications]
2165 words (6.2 pages)
- “Man is a robot with defects,” (Emile Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born). Humans' are not perfect, but we seem to strive for perfection, so who is to say that in the future robots will not out number the human race on Earth. In Star Trek: The Next Generation, the character Data is very much a robot and not human, being composed of inorganic materials but designed with a human appearance (an android), but does that make it just a robot. In the show it is proposed that for one to be a sentient being and a person they must possess three qualities, intelligence, self-awareness, and consciousness.... [tags: Intelligence, Technology]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Robots and Humanity: Should We Be Worried. Robots are slowly going to become our friends, workers, and maybe even our lovers. At least that is what we hear and think. Some people might be wondering, “Why would I want a robot as a lover. Am I going to be able to sit down all the time and take a rest while my robot does everything for me?” Many questions like these are going through our minds, and as technology evolves, we will have more questions in the future. The thing we most focus on now is how robots are going to make our lives easier.... [tags: Robot, Robotics, Want, Emotion]
914 words (2.6 pages)