For someone who is completely oblivious about robots and what they could potentially provide for our society, Gillis provides a vast amount of information to help the reader understand the primary uses and benefits of robots. The author talks about a Canadian science professor modifying robots to sort plastic pucks throughout a table. This type of technology could really be beneficial to our society today, and Gillis gives examples as to why that could be a possibility. Gillis informs the reader of the possibilities of robots helping humans in jobs that they would rather renounce. The author states that “a large population of relatively simple robots could ‘swarm’ a task we humans would rather forgo, like cleaning a banquet hall”. There are tasks like those where we could get a tremendous amount of help from as well as help excel any type of events throughout the country. Or what most people would consider a part of their everyday life, such as cleaning, and providing assistance on types of problems that people would not be able to handl...
... middle of paper ...
... of the robots today in our society. The information provided gives the reader a great sense of how the robots are impacting society today, and how they could impact the society in the future. The facts Gillis provides backs up the information given about the robots, and goes in depth about how the robots really work. The combination of the information and facts Gillis provides gives the article a persuasive style to it, as well as providing great strengths to the author’s point of view. The reader would feel like they want to figure out a way to start up their own business with robots providing a means of revenue with the way the robots are starting to boom and impact the society. Most of all the reader is left with a sense of knowledge of the robots and understands that there is only a positive outlook going forward with this type of technology in today’s society.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “The Robot Invasion” written by Charlie Gillis, characterizes the appellation of robots and how it’s viewed. Robots have many benefits ranging from working in factories assisting production, as well as the construction of motor vehicles. Exchanged views concerning the progression in robotic technology due to their great benefits in the businesses within the marketplace. Equally important, to aid in the everyday domestic housework. First, the author discusses how robots could abound the duty humans would likely relinquish as well as, entertain the idea of visualization of injecting microscopic robots into a persons’ bloodstream, having them collect unwanted fragments with the result of dispo... [tags: Robot, Robotics, IRobot, Agriculture]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The Robot Invasion “The Robot Invasion” written by Charlie Gillis, characterizes the appellation of robots and how it’s viewed. Robots have many benefits ranging from working in factories to the construction of motor vehicles. Exchanged views on the progression in robotic technology because of businesses in the marketplace. In addition to the everyday domestic housework. First, the author discusses how robots could abound the duty humans would likely relinquish. He also entertained the idea of visualization of injecting microscopic robots into a persons’ bloodstream, having them collect unwanted fragments with the result of disposal.... [tags: Robotics, Robot, Human evolution, IRobot]
716 words (2 pages)
- The Alpha by UbTech is a robot that was created to be more than just a robot. The device dances, tells stories, does workout exercises, Kung Fu, somersaults, plays soccer, and much more just with the push of a button ("Ubtech-Alpha 1S robot", 2016). Although the design of robot looks somewhat aesthetically pleasing due to its contour bias and effect of color, the design of the app is not good. It lacks the 80/20 rule and accessibility when it comes to language, the robot itself violated the expectancy of the user.... [tags: Robot, Android, 2016, Robotics]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Introduction: I will be discovering what Robot Operating System is. The advantages and disadvantages of ROS. I will be looking for companies that using ROS for their products. Robots that use ROS and what I took from this research. Robot Operating System(ROS) is an operating system made for robots. According to Gnration Robots Blog, ROS is developed and maintained by a Californian company, Willow Garage, formed in 2006 by Scott Hassan, one of Google’s first employees who was involved in the development of search engine technology and who was also behind Yahoo.... [tags: Robotics, Robot, Industrial robot]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Atlas - The Agile Anthropomorphic Robot Introduction In most of the situation chance to finding victims still alive the rescuers have very short time to find the trapped or missing victims in collapsed structure. The solution for this use technology can make a great help for rescuers. Intelligent mobile robots can be very helpful and efficient tools to speed up search and rescue operation. Rescue robots are also useful to do the job in situations that are dangerous for human rescuers. They can enter into gaps and move though small hole that difficult for human and even trained dog.... [tags: rescue robot, specialized mission]
1065 words (3 pages)
- As Bradley glanced out of the window of his small shack, he saw thick fog floating in the air. He was just sitting there thinking about how boring and lonely his life was. Bradley had no partner, no friends, and most importantly, no family. When the rest of his family was killed in a house fire, Bradley Johnson moved far away from anyone and everything he had ever known. He never thought living in a dark, swampy forest on the outskirts of Germany could be so terrible. He needed someone... somebody in his life to offer him companionship.... [tags: Robot, Robotics, Happiness]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Charlie Sheen was born with the name Carlos Irwin Estevez on September 3, 1965(A&E Television, 2011). He was born to parents Ramon Estevez, otherwise known as Martin Sheen, and Janet Estevez. Charlie’s immediate family included two brothers and one sister. All of the children were encouraged to pursue acting as a career (A&E Television 2011). Charlie appeared in his first film at the age of nine. In his teenage years, Charlie produced several low- budget films with his friends Rob Lowe and Sean Penn.... [tags: Therapy for Charlie Sheen]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Meta: The “Robo” series by 777IGT continues to plod along, with latest entry taking the form of Robo Cyber X. Showing the realm of robot themed slot games a thing or two, it’s clear that this game is ready for mechanical warfare. Robo Cyber X Review 777IGT are hardly a household name in the world of online slots; in fact, they are pretty an unknown brand. This small developer has seemed content with catering to low-key audiences, as the brand has hardly delivered any big budget games to date. That could all be set to change now though, as the “Robo” series of games is really starting to gather pace.... [tags: Robot, Robotics, American films]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Dahl’s “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” tap’s into young readers anxieties by opening their imagination to new thoughts of possible events that they might experience in the future. Dahl uses Charlie Bucket, the main character as the hero of the story, and arguably a role model for young readers, to portray the life of a poor child who is not blessed with all the things that he wants, because of his economical situation. In this critical paper, I will argue how Charlie Bucket’ character can be considered a role model/ hero for young readers.... [tags: charlie bucket, roald dahl, young readers]
1607 words (4.6 pages)
- Issac Asimov's I, Robot Asimov’s robots can be described as clumsy, hard-working, cost-efficient, soulless, strong, fast, obedient, human-made, a cleaner better breed, more human than man. Robots can be caring, gentle, self-aware, creative, intelligent and also evil, rebellious. Robots are made out of metal, plastic, aluminum, gears, bolts, wheels, sensors, memory chips, and other gadgets. TEXT STUDY Asimov’s book “I, Robot” is full of exciting short stories about human-robot relations. But the one story that really touched me was the first of the nine: Robbie.... [tags: Asimov Robots Robot]
1302 words (3.7 pages)