Every teacher has their strong points as well as weak points. Teaching is very hard work and some of them never grow to be anything better than mediocre. They do the bare minimum and very little over and above the call of duty. There are several ways to become a great teacher. Teachers are truly dedicated workers who put a lot of time and schooling into being able to teach for the rest of their lives.
There are several main characteristics that every teacher needs to have to be a great teacher. A great teacher respects students(Orlando,Web). In every teachers classrooms, every students opinions and ideas are highly valued. Students need to be able to feel safe to fully express their feelings and thoughts to learn more about the subject. They also need to respect and listen to each other as technical co-workers. This teacher creates a welcoming learning environment for all students(Orlando,Web). A welcome and safe learning environment is a huge key to the success of many students. Some learn at a different pace and it is very important that they feel welcome and understood by the teacher themselves.
Great teachers work tirelessly to create a challenging and nurturing environment. The more student-friendly the work environment is, the better the students do in their daily work. To be an exceptional teacher, these people need to develop the correct amount of skills rather than knowledge of the subject they are teaching. It is just as important to develop strong relationships with the students in order for them to learn as much as possible(Orlando,Web).
A great teacher makes a feel of community and welcoming in the classroom. The mutual respect in the teachers classroom provides a suppor...
... middle of paper ...
...ay be awarded a master’s degree after completing either type of program.
All in all, teaching is a great career to be involved in. It is challenging, but all so rewarding. To be able to teach young minds for the rest of your life, you just cannot put a price on that. Teachers are very dedicated and spend a lot of time to be able to call themselves a certified teacher. They go through countless hours of schooling and education to be where they are today. to be a great teacher you must be able to have patience and be able to work well with others.
Orlando, Maria. Philosophy of Teaching: Faculty Focus.
Teacher vision: summarizing.
Occupational outlook handbook: high school teachers, education
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The career I would be most interested in is becoming a middle school teacher. When one decides to become a teacher you always have a set of guidelines to follow. I would love to become a middle school teacher because I believe that is something that I have passion for. But in order for me to become an official teacher I would have to take some major steps like getting certified. Getting certified is not easy as going in to take a test and then you are certified, there are requirements that are needed.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1060 words (3 pages)
- The movie “Great Teacher Onizuka” tells a story of a bike gang leader who wanted to become a teacher. Once the gang has disbanded, he worked as a part timer in a high school garden, then he meets the director of the school who was really in disguise as a lunch lady, and he talked to her how the school is boring because no one is having fun and how teacher are just scolding their student if they don 't follow instruction. Instead of yelling at the student, the teacher should help the student individually becoming successful.... [tags: High school, Morality, Crime, Education]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Becoming a teacher is something I look forward to because I feel like I would be a great individual to put a positive impact on these kids lives. Some areas I would be able to touch are in the community, athletics, and in the classroom. In the community, I could show them that giving back is highly important because it’ll keep our community rolling with good character. With them being involved with the community, it advances their knowledge about what goes on in the real world. An outcome from this could show what the interests are in the individual or what and how far the person is willing to go to help others.... [tags: Education, Knowledge, History of education]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- In the Ghost Road, one of the main characters, Billy Prior, is the one who crossing multiple boundaries in this novel. He is born in working class but, with his effort, he services as an officer. He has a complicated view toward the war: He thinks the war is “bullshit”, but he still willing to go back to the front. Also, he is engaged with Sarah Lumb, but at the same time, he is highly promiscuous. Besides, he is a bisexual. Therefore, sex scene seems appear frequently in the Ghost Road. When speaking of sex, it is common accompany with love, connection and passion.... [tags: Literary Analysis, argumentative, persuasive ]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Becoming A College Student Many studies now show that it doesn’t take a college degree to become successful but what people define success as is different for everybody. Success in my perspective is being educated in many different areas, being able to support yourself and your family to the best of your ability, and achieving as many of your goals as you can. Sometimes life gets in the way and may make it seem like it’s impossible but, often times you will find yourself with advantages that could potentially help you become who you want to be.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Family]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Miami University was an all-male University that he had learned about from his teacher Robert Bishop. Benjamin was such an advanced scholar that upon his enrollment he was able to skip his first two years of his studies and become a junior in his first year. As Benjamin was about to leave for his studies, tragedy struck. In the summer of august of 1850, just before Benjamin left, his mother Elizabeth gave birth to a son named James. The birth was hard for Elizabeth and she never recovered. Days before Benjamin was to leave for school, his mother passed away, and shortly afterwards the baby also died.... [tags: 23rd US presidency, biography]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Rob Feldt: Great American contributing to the American society Rob Feldt served and serves American by sacrificing his life for his country by joining the U.S Navy, to being a mechanic, improving how Americans eat food, and caring for his family. Rob Feldt lived a normal childhood like any other American kid growing up in a middle-class family. Raised in Olmsted Falls, Rob would the second youngest of six children in his family. With living in the suburbs, Rob’s family would live in a high middle class society with even owning a vacation home in Marblehead.... [tags: United State Navy, Mechanics, Biography]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- Certainly history can be a great guide to knowing effective leadership. Perhaps the Apostle Paul is who is thought of first as being an effective leader. Paul, after being converted on the road to Damascus, delved into preaching immediately. He says in Galatians: "nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus." (Gal 1:17). It 's interesting that Paul didn 't consult with the church of Jerusalem or the other Apostles before spreading the Word.... [tags: New Testament, Paul of Tarsus, Apostle]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Teachers bear the heavy responsibility of molding the minds of our nation’s most precious resource, its children. The road to becoming a teacher is a long one, involving post-high school education, people skills, and a desire to change lives. These traits, when accompanied by experience and good techniques, form the foundation for an effective, life-altering educator. Before anything else, teachers must have a desire to impact the lives of their students (Education). Some teachers teach because they want to help children learn and grow and would like to make a contribution to society.... [tags: Careers Jobs Teaching essays research papers]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- When one wants to be a teacher, he or she must consider quite a few different aspects in order to know whether or not the career opportunity is right for him or her. Educators have decided why they wanted to become a teacher for many different reasons, whether it be because it is their calling, or any other reason. When becoming a teacher, one must think about what he or she hopes to accomplish as a teacher. Another thing he or she may think about is who influenced his or her decision in choosing a teaching career.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
951 words (2.7 pages)