Internet is the main source which connects all the computers around the world. It seems like it has became one of the part in our life. People often use it to exchange files and e-mails, to surf the websites, to download movies, songs, working on application programs etc, to send messages and what not. These internet services can be used from a small kid to old people and they often use it a source to communicate with the people around them. This makes huge difference in one 's life by using these internet services in different purpose .Internet do have many advantages, but there are also many disadvantages which affecting children and it should not be used by them without parental control or adult supervision. These are many outsources for the child offenders through this internet services in making the innocent people getting into trouble.
Risks of the Internet:
By using the internet services, children are getting exposed to different kinds of content. In most of the cases, all are exposed to abusive content like sexually explicit things and violence. Most of the time all the childrens are being exposed accidentally in one way or the other way. For Example, children or teenagers do have their own email accounts using for their study purpose. While they are using the internet services, many spammers make these people as target and send all the spam mails containing most of the abusive content. So at this point, by looking at these mails with abusive content, these is a possibility to get attracted to that sexually adult content and creates some interest in watching them. Then this will be the worst case in a child life getting into the explicit content. Being a victim to these content in the internet, there...
... middle of paper ...
Parents should be aware of the risks caused by the internet services and make sure that their childrens doesn 't fall as a victim to the sex-offenders and getting into trouble. Computers must be monitored and children must be supervised under the adults or parents in using the internet. They should guide the children in a way that they better use the computer related to their study purpose. Computer must not be placed in the private rooms and should keep an eye on the usage activities of their children related to internet activities.
Magid, L. J. (2003). Child Safety on the Information Highway. Retrieved June 3, 2008, from SafeKids.com Web site: http://www.safekids.com/child_safety.htm
Freeh, L. J. (2008). A Parents guide to internet safety. Retrieved June 3, 2008, from FBI Publications Web site: http://ww w.fbi.gov/publications/pguide/pguidee.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Benefits of Using the Internet Outweigh Any Risks It is not uncommon to walk through any given public place and see others in every direction, staring into the bright screen of a phone. Some people even sit in public and stare at a full-sized laptop. This has become so common that at most restaurants, there is even a provided wireless service for anyone who deems it necessary to have this constant technological access. But, what is inside those devices that is so captivating. The all-star of this common, every-day scenario, is the internet.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Internet access]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- External Security Risks associated with Internet Banking In recent years, Internet banking, namely, online banking means the transitions of banking activities including checking account information and payment of bills through a website (Chavan ,2013, cited Singhal and Padhmanbhan, 2008; Ahasanul et al, 2009), is popular in the world. According to Abdou (2014), in the UK, the number of online banking users has increased from 63% to 70% between 2011 and 2012. Online banking is beneficial for consumers to monitor their account information (Hettiarachchi, 2014), and saves time to transferring funds (Lichtenstein and Williamson, 2006).... [tags: Bank, Online banking, Computer security]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
How Do The Intersections Of Big Data And The Internet And Social Networks Mitigate Or Exacerbate Internet Fraud Risks
- HOW DO THE INTERSECTIONS OF “BIG DATA” AND THE INTERNET AND SOCIAL NETWORKS MITIGATE OR EXACERBATE INTERNET FRAUD RISKS. Arpitha Ramachandraiah UB # 50166499 If there is one invention in the 20th century that has had tremendous influence in the world, it has to be the internet. Around 40% of the world population use the internet with an estimated 3 billion people who go online every day. The widespread use of internet and the advent of social media has changed the way we communicate on a global scale.... [tags: Social network service, Internet]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Sherry Turkle, author of the article “Cyberspace and Identity”, explains in her article that true identity is found through multiple personas and the internet helps the individual act out these personas which leads to self-actualization, in which every need is met and fulfilled. Whereas, Jeffery Rosen, author of the article and book “The Naked Crowd”, contends that the identity of the individual is being lost in the Omnipticon, where the many are watching the many, of the crowd. Rosen asserts that the internet is only speeding up the individual’s loss of identity.... [tags: true identity, internet, risks ]
979 words (2.8 pages)
A Brief Note On Big Data And The Internet And Social Networks Mitigate Or Exacerbate Internet Fraud Risks?
- Vishnu Mohan Team: CRYPTERS HOMEWORK 8 How do the intersections of “big data” and the Internet and social networks mitigate or exacerbate Internet fraud risks. Big Data is a revolution, which has taken shape in the recent past and is becoming a game changer in all the spheres of life. It provides solutions to global problems like improve health care quality, improve industrial efficiency, etc. The amount of data pouring into organizations is staggering. Information is collected from multiple channels including social media.... [tags: Risk management, Risk, Marketing, Phishing]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- The Information revolution is changing our daily lives. With the rapid development of computer and internet, online commerce become quite common and plays an important role in the modern world. The online business has booming development in these few years. US online retail sales raised an average of 11% in the first three months of 2009 (“US Online Sales Up,” 2009). The growth of online sales may due to the growing number of consumers who shop online. In the case of Asia, survey reported 77.6% of Internet users have online shopping experiences in 2003 (as cited in To, Liao & Lin, 2007).... [tags: Online Shopping, internet, economy, ]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Children are susceptible to back pains, sleep deprivation, sight problems, and other health issues due to excessive exposure to the internet. Adolescents can also become addicted to and dependent on the internet. A study conducted in Switzerland shows that addicted internet users “are over twice as likely to report sleep problems”, and their survey results also show problematic users are almost three times as likely to have weight problems(Suris et al.). In other words, the study confirms that excessive exposure to the internet can be extremely harmful to a child’s wellbeing.... [tags: Sleep deprivation, Sleep, Internet]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Information Security Risk Analysis The top five threats to the work stations at the LLP are as follows: # Threat Description/Explanation Source Likelihood Severity Controllability 1 Port Scanning Scanning tools provide hackers with a plethora of information, such as the operating system of the server, ports that are open or closed, and even the latest service packs. This information allows the hackers to find vulnerabilities and attempt to gain access or even take over complete administrative control of the server. Port scanning software High High Medium 2 Sniffing “Packet sniffing allows individuals to capture data as it is transmitted over a network and is used by network professi... [tags: IP address, Internet, Computer, Web server]
1943 words (5.6 pages)
- The dangers of the internet Privacy is a thing of the past because of social media and the internet. Every day millions of people fall victim to identity theft, fraud and are put in danger. This is because of how many people carelessly post all their information online as well as companies tracking it. The information that people post and companies track include locations, plans, and even addresses. This information is private yet now more than ever it is easily accessed online because of what we post and where we post it.... [tags: Identity theft, Privacy, Internet]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- In recent times, the internet as a medium of communication has revolutionized various aspects of the human life. According to Harris in the book, I Found It on the Internet : Coming of Age Online, notes that since the internet presents with dire speed, power and sophistication, a majority of the American youth have taken the internet to be their preferred medium of communication (7). Indeed, communication is a significant part of the human life since from time immemorial; man has been described as a social being.... [tags: Internet, MySpace, Pornography]
1496 words (4.3 pages)