Riordan Manufacturing produces plastic consumer goods and is a thriving company that is facing some technological issues. In order to maintain better manageability, some technological reform and restructure of their processes are needed for better production and communication. This restructure will include the introduction of new technology as well and utilization of existing technology. Technology is an important key in businesses today in keeping competitive with the market. Tools are available to maintain efficiency between branches, and some examples of some changes and improvements will be exemplified further. In taking consideration and acting on some of the purposed changes, Riordan Manufacturing will be headed in a prosperous, productive, and customer pleasing direction.
Networks could have better use of T-1 lines and should have a firewall. Using T-1 and lines are expensive, but they do serve a purpose. Our purpose of T1 lines is to carry our data as fast as possible. We will plug our T1 lines to our network’s router. Using T1 lines will give the access to accommodate hundreds of our users at the same time. Control of our network environment is extremely crucial. We don’t want the WAN to have control of our network because if ever a problem, whether it’s simple or if it is crucial, we will be better off having the capability to service the problem instead of the WAN provider The Web site for T1 lines (2004) has many important features and interesting facts concerning T1 lines services and its functions.
Our networks do not have a firewall to keep intruders out. We have issues concerning security hackers. I believe having a firewall in the network, spy ware, and anti virus software running on...
... middle of paper ...
...be run regularly to maintain information. Database administrators can remain at one convenient location to work on the servers. The ability to get to hardware quickly is essential to maintaining database and network integrity. All other IT help staff can be dispatched when needed to the different locations when needed or stationed at a location to maintain that the locations are running optimally and efficiently. The complete cooperation of the IT professionals at each location coming together to keep their networks stable and updated will produce better results for Riordan Manufacturing.
Computer Software (1996-2006). Information about Microsoft Windows 2000. Retrieved
May 1, 2006, from http://www.computerhope.com/win2000
T1 Services (2004). Information about T1 Lines and Services. Retrieved May 1, 2006,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Although Riordan Manufacturing has a generic strategic direction, a comprehensive strategic plan reevaluation and development must occur after the move to China. Environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, evaluation, and control are fundamental to the creation of a strategic plan (Wheelen & Hunger, 2010). Because, strategic planning is integral to the corporate strategy and success of Riordan the board of directors' requesting Team B formulate a comprehensive strategic plan for their organization.... [tags: Strategic Plab, Development, Reevaluation]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- Situation Analysis Issue and Opportunity Identification Riordan Manufacturing is a global plastics producer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company is wholly owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion. Recently, Riordan made several strategic changes in the way it manufactures and markets its products. Because of declining sales and uneven profits over the past two years, Riordan adopted a customer-relationship management (CRM) system.... [tags: Case Study Situation Analysis Riordan Manufacturin]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Service Request Riordan Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leader in plastic manufacturing. Founded in 1991, by Dr. Riordan, a chemistry professor possessing various patents regarding plastics processing, Riordan has established itself as the leader in polymer plastic research, development and manufacturing. Riordan has multiple manufacturing facilities located in both the U.S and China as follows: • San Jose, CA ' corporate headquarters and research and development • Pontiac, MI ' manufactures custom plastic parts • Albany, GA ' manufactures plastic beverage containers • Hangzhou, China ' manufactures plastic fan compone... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- Problem Solution: Riordan Manufacturing Riordan Manufacturing, a global plastics producer, employs approximately 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The manufacturing company is owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion. Riordan's production is divided into the following three categories: plastic beverage containers made in Albany, Georgia; custom plastic parts made in Pontiac, Michigan; and plastic fan parts made in Hangzhou, China.... [tags: Business Management Analysis Strategy]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- Finance and Accounting Currently Riordan Manufacturing is having a challenging time trying to gather all the data that generates from its Finance and Accounting departments. All of the plant locations have different kinds of Finance and accounting systems, which may be the main reason Riordan Manufacturing has a hard time maintaining the data received. The company’s three operating locations each have their own Finance and Accounting systems. The plant in Pontiac, Michigan and the plant in Albany, Georgia feed data to the corporate headquarters in San Jose, California.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Riordan Manufacturing has placed a service request for all manufacturing locations to gain an overview about all existing software applications in Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, Legal and Information Technology. All the listed areas within the organization are using various business systems of which each of them represents challenges. The organization is in an urgent need to identify what is needed to improve effectiveness in those areas. This summary is going to serve as a platform to implement systems in the various departments.... [tags: Business]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Virtual Organizations In the past, college graduates would embark on careers in the business world with book learned business theory. Now the college curriculum can include practical use of real world situations in a web-paged virtual organization. This virtual organization allows students experience to review, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve real business problems. This paper will review the virtual company, Riordan Manufacturing, allowing students to review existing business systems, identify improvements or introduce new business systems to allow the company to thrive in the growing technology of the business world.... [tags: Virtual Organization Education]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Executive Summary: As a Fortune 1000 enterprise, and an industry leader in the field of plastic injection molding, Riordan Manufacturing, offers state-of-the art plastics design capabilities through its facilities in San Jose, California; Albany, Georgia; Pontiac, Michigan; and Hang Zhou, China. Currently, Riordan's COO, Hugh McCauley, and the executive team have requested changes to the current information system used to maintain inventory and manufacturing processes. Evaluation of current Sales, Inventory, and Manufacturing processes will be required as well as the evaluation of current hardware and software.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Inc. Riordan ha crecido de una pequeña firma de investigación y desarrollo de plástico a una empresa multinacional de fabricación de plásticos en un breve | |lapso de 14 años. En este crecimiento se ha visto a Riordan expandir su operación a múltiples puntos de fabricación y distribución en toda América del | |Norte y China. Riordan ahora provee servicios a más de 32 clientes de diferentes tamaños, incluyendo a los fabricantes de piezas de automotrices, los | |fabricantes de aeronaves, el Departamento de Defensa, los fabricantes y embotelladores de bebidas.... [tags: Foreign Language Essays]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Riordan Manufacturing produces plastic consumer goods and is a thriving company that is facing some technological issues. In order to maintain better manageability, some technological reform and restructure of their processes are needed for better production and communication. This restructure will include the introduction of new technology as well and utilization of existing technology. Technology is an important key in businesses today in keeping competitive with the market.... [tags: Operations Process Management]
1474 words (4.2 pages)