Riordan Manufacturing was founded by Dr. Riordan, a professor of chemistry who obtained several patents qualified to processing polymers into high tensile potency plastic substrates. Riordan Manufacturing is a worldwide plastics manufacturer. The company employs 550 people with probable earnings of $46 million. The company is completely owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in surplus of $1 billion.
The company products include plastic beverage containers produced at its plant in Albany, Georgia, custom plastic parts produced at its plant in Pontiac, Michigan, and plastic fan parts produced at its facilities I Hangzhou, China. The company’s research and development is done at the corporate headquarters in San Jose. Riordan’s major customers are automotive parts manufactures, aircraft manufacturers, the Department of Defense, beverage makers and bottlers, and appliance manufacturers.
II. Riordan Accounting System
Riordans accounting system consists of two parts. The first is the Software used to keep track of the financial data. The second system is primarily for the manufacturing operation and ties directly into the finances. The manufacturing operation at Riordan is dependent upon the combination of these two systems.
Riordan Accounting Software Modules
Riordan Manufacturing has the following software modules in operation within its accounting system. These modules assist managers in the evaluation of the company’s financial condition and operating performance during a given period. The period evaluated may be monthly, annual, or multiyear. Riordan accounting group has implemented these modules to better report their financial infor...
... middle of paper ...
...omestic automakers to cut costs. Continued sizable increases in the costs of providing employee benefits are highly likely to continue. Despite this particular issue related to costs, the stable economy described in the forecast presented above should provide for the basis to at least meet the firm’s sales goals.
Apollo Group, Inc. (2006). Riordan Manufacturing. Home. Retrieved November 28, 2007. BSA/500 https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/CIST/VOP/Business/Riordan/RioMfgHome002.htm
Schroeder, Carol L. Savvy Store Solutions; November 2005, Special Edition, p22-24, 3p
Raiborn, Cecily A. Watson, Stephanie F. Survey of Accounting. Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Role of Accounting in the Business World. Copyright 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Problem Solution: Riordan Manufacturing Riordan Manufacturing is a global plastics producer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company is wholly owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion. Production is divided among three plants: plastic beverage containers in Albany, Georgia; custom plastic parts in Pontiac, Michigan; and plastic fan parts in Hangzhou, China. Research and Development is conducted at corporate headquarters in San Jose, California.... [tags: Problem Solution Case Study Riordan Manufacturing]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Situation Analysis Issue and Opportunity Identification Riordan Manufacturing is a global plastics producer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company is wholly owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion. Recently, Riordan made several strategic changes in the way it manufactures and markets its products. Because of declining sales and uneven profits over the past two years, Riordan adopted a customer-relationship management (CRM) system.... [tags: Case Study Situation Analysis Riordan Manufacturin]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- HR Integration at M/s Riordan Human resource is the most volatile one among the various resources (Men, Machines, Money, Land, Natural Environment, and Government Regulations) in any business venture. Effective, coordinated and innovative management of all these resources is of vital importance for ensuring the success in the business. In particular, management of Human Resources has to be accorded utmost attention/importance to ensure smooth functioning of the organizational activities and to avoid frequent attritions (Due to reasons attributable to employees or management) and resultant problems.... [tags: Human Resource, Case Study, solution]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Gap Analysis: Riordan Manufacturing Introduction Riordan Manufacturing is a 16-year-old global plastic producing company employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. Recently they’ve been having employee motivation issues and as a result are experiencing declining sales, lower job satisfaction, and increased turnover. With pay currently not meeting industry standards, they are at risk of losing good employees to other companies while at the same time having highly visible projects they need completed on the horizon.... [tags: Riordan Manufacturing Gap Analysis]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- LEAN MANUFACTURING-A CASE STUDY ANALYSIS Abstract: Waste is defined as anything that does not add value to the end product from the customer’s perspective. The manufacturer must minimize the waste during producing the product so that the profit of the business can generate highly and the production cost can be minimized. In our case study we studied the manufacturing procedure of casting industry. The main task in this case is to implement lean methodology production so that the waste can be minimized.... [tags: Lean manufacturing, Toyota Production System]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Rite Aid Corporation which ranks as the third largest retail drugstore chain in the United states, control about 2,380 drugstores in 28 states across professionals pharmacy service, a full selection of health and personal care products, an assortment of general products in the nation and in the District of Columbia ( Rite Aid, 2007 ). Rite Aid has a great management team to help them with their success their team includes Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Special Advisor, Corporate Strategy ,Chief Operating Officer ,Chief Administrative Officer ,Executive Vice President – Pharmacy, Executive Vice President, Store Operations ,Executive Vice President and General Counsel(... [tags: Business Analysis]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- BMW CASE: Globalizing Manufacturing Operations INTRODUCTION This case focus on the dilemma that the president of BMW Manufacturing Corp., Al Kinzer, faced in 1995 in relation to BMW's new plant at Spartanburg, South Carolina and a dramatically increased demand in the U.S. market for the Z3 model. To study the BMW case, the background information and role of new plant at Spartanburg will be described at the beginning. Secondly, the 3 alternatives options will be analyzed and compared accordingly to determine a proper conclusion.... [tags: Business, Case Study, solution]
1755 words (5 pages)
- Main problem: Toyota Motor Manufacturing, U.S.A. (TMM) is deviating from the standard assembly line principle of jidoka in an attempt to avoid expenses incurred from stopping the production line for seat quality defects. This deviation has contributed to the inability to identify the root cause of the problem, which has led to decreased run ratios on the line and an excess of defective automobiles in the overflow lot for multiple days. If this problem isn’t fixed quickly, an increased amount of waste will continue to be incurred and customer value will be threatened.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Executive Summary Riordan Manufacturing “is a plastics manufacturer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million.” (Riordan, 2004) The company headquarters is located in San Jose, California and production sites within Pontiac, Michigan and Albany, Georgia. The Michigan location is responsible for the injection molding process, creating of dies, custom fabrication, design and coloring of plastics. The Georgia site creates unique plastic bottles as specified by the customer.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
2156 words (6.2 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Executive Summary: As a Fortune 1000 enterprise, and an industry leader in the field of plastic injection molding, Riordan Manufacturing, offers state-of-the art plastics design capabilities through its facilities in San Jose, California; Albany, Georgia; Pontiac, Michigan; and Hang Zhou, China. Currently, Riordan's COO, Hugh McCauley, and the executive team have requested changes to the current information system used to maintain inventory and manufacturing processes. Evaluation of current Sales, Inventory, and Manufacturing processes will be required as well as the evaluation of current hardware and software.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1604 words (4.6 pages)