Looking at family traditions whether you are man and women or same-sex parents family values can be taught the same. Parents no matter sex have a obligation to teach children right from wrong. Culturally, we live in a world where families are coming together as one no matter the culture. We have families that are made up of whites and African americans and other mix cultures live together. There is no difference with homosexual’s living together because they teach their children the same as heterosexual’s about the difference cultures.Some argue that children that are not raised by a mother and a father are less likely to have early sexually relationships and become teenager parents. However studies show that children raised by same sex marriages excel better in social and achademic then children of hetorsexual partners. ( Gaymarriage)
We now look at the definition of marriage.Ch...
... middle of paper ...
...of the opposite sex, however today things are changing. Our constitutional right should be to fall in love with who we want to and marry who we want to. The government should not be able to tell you or me who we should love and who we should have a family with.
In conclusion whether you are looking at our past family traditions, our culture or religion or our constitutional right to marry within the same sex, one must agree that we live in a different time and should not be forced to deny yourself the lifestyle you choose to live. Same sex marriages are occur, and these families are free to live the happy lives they desire. They have the freedom to speak up for their beliefs and for the way they feel. If you love some of the same sex or you are in a heterosexual relationship, you should be able to fall in love and marry that person and live the way you want to.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Imagine after years of searching you found that one person, your one true love, to spend the rest of your life with. Both of you are deeply in love with one another and want to celebrate your commitment by getting married and raising a family. Both of you go to get your marriage license only to be told by State officials that you do not qualify for one because you are both from the same sex. Unfortunately, this was the hardship that most same-sex couples in America faced every day for the past several decades.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Looking past the family traditions, culture, and religion obstacles, same sex marriages truly seek equality in tax laws, health care coverage, and family unity (). Goals just like any other couple in love. Gays and lesbians should be recognized the same as heterosexual couples and have all the benefits and rights. I cannot understand what makes it so difficult to achieve happiness as a same sex couple. “Let us learn to live and let live,” (). It is my belief that the couple defines what marriage is and should enforce the laws of of commitment to each other not the church nor the government.Society also has to recognize that through the years, the definition of marriage has evolved.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- In the past, in the United States, there are 37 states and Washington DC, which the law of same-sex marriage was already legal. There are the movement of the same-sex marriage laws in the United States since 1970s. In twenty-first century, there are a survey of American people who support the law of same-sex marriage, and each year, the number increase more than previous year. In 2011, this survey shows that the majority of American people support this law to be legal in the public. At present, on Friday, June 26, 2015, the law of same-sex marriage was decided that is legal in all states of the United Stated by the United States Supreme Court.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage, Law]
1058 words (3 pages)
- ... Moore’s lawyer tried proving his client right by saying he was following Alabama’s state law for same-sex marriages. Even though Alabama’s law states that same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court had already ruled same-sex individuals have the right to marry each other. This ruling did not stop Moore from denying same-sex couple marriage licenses, as well as coercing other judges into doing the same. Two days after the trial started Chief Justice Moore was suspended for the rest of his term, which ends January 2019, and will not receive any pay.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Law]
703 words (2 pages)
- On June 26th of this year, a historic ruling was made in the Supreme Court of the United States that would grant constitutional rights to same-sex marriages. Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, one of the authors of the historic ruling, was quoted in his reaction to the voting; “No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions.... [tags: Marriage, Polygamy, Polygyny, Same-sex marriage]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- American opposed the equal rights for African-American people and they lost, and now they lost in the battle of prohibiting same-sex couple marriage too. The world always in the motion of changing, and no ideas or beliefs can last forever. Soon or later they would fall and crumble just like the Berlin Wall, which was once stood high and mighty. Gay people have been oppressed for generations and it cannot stay the same any longer. Especially not in America, this is a land of freedom. It is a good thing that same sexes couples are allowed to get married because they make excellent parents, reduce the suicide rate in teenagers.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Same sex marriage disagreement has been one of the leading issues in our government and society for many generations, many people are still protest over the rights of same sex marriage and encouraging that their state can ignore the ruling. The most recent case that was caught the public attention and was brought all the way to the Supreme Court was Obergefell v. Hodges. Respecting the fact that their state that doesn’t allow same sex marriage James Obergefell and John Arthur flew to Baltimore Washington International airport where same sex marriage were recognize.... [tags: Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- This past summer, of 2015, the Supreme Court decided that same-sex marriage could no longer be denied to same-sex couples because it violated the Fourteenth Amendment of the Due Process Clause and the Equal Amendment Clause in the Obergefell v. Hoges case. The opinion of the court was given by Justice Kennedy who explained why the court decided this way. Justice Kennedy begins by showing how the history of marriage has changed and how important marriage is to our society by saying that “the ancient origins of marriage confirm its centrality, but it has not stood in isolation from developments in law and society.... [tags: Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Besides this, members of the LGBTQIA+ community are equivalent to heterosexual and cisgender individuals. People in this community live and die just like other Americans. They want to give love and receive love. They want to raise families and become productive citizens. America is a melting point, and differing sexual identities is just another ingredient that brings diversity. The LGBTQIA+ community in America is made of human individuals who come from all backgrounds, yet they are still untied by common humanity.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation, Human]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Same Sex Marriage The issue to legally allow same sex couples to marry has been extensively and increasingly debated in most countries because it holds much concerns based off moral and human rights. Looking at traditional marriage between a couple that is a man and women, has the same breakdown of issues ,concerns and joys as a sex same relationship would . Boths types of relationships has it 's difficulties and desire but the marriage between the man and women are protected and allow to partake in financial and health benefits under the government, on the other hand the same sex couples aren 't even allowed to participate legally in the union of marriage.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Law, Rights]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Social Class, Social Mobility And Education
- The National Curriculum
- Human Telomerase Expression Regulation Mechanisms At Cancer Therapy
- Democracy Is A Popular Government System After World War I
- Comparing The Play ' The Glass Menagerie ' And ' A Doll 's House '
- Profession Is From The American Nurses Association