Since joining Bravo Company in December 2014, I have had reoccurring problems concerning respect. Respect is a positive feeling of admiration or deference for a person or other entity, and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected . It can also be conduct in accord with a specific ethic of respect. Although my honesty and integrity have never been an issue, I have been spoken to by multiple Non Commission Officers about my actions. Respect can be both given and or received. Respect can also be something that is earned. Respect is often thought of as earned or built over time. Often, continued caring interactions are required to maintain or increase feelings of respect among individuals. Sergeant Espinel specifically has pulled me aside during various parts of the day to speak with me. Since we first met he has gave me talks to help try and keep me out of trouble. He showed me respect by pretty much taking me under his wing and spreading his knowledge on being a 15 Bravo and life in general. He has helped me put thing in perspective in my marriage, being a father and being an engine mechanic. Most of the conversations we have had i had the,"yeah yeah I hear you" type of attitude. But i did not listen ll of the times. By doing that i showed disrespect and I know I am better than that. Respect should not be confused with tolerance. On December 1st I was out of line by saying,"This is bullshit." By doing so i reached the height of Sergeant Espinel 's tolerance level. There have been times before where I spoke out trying to lighten a situation. That is just the kind of person I am. I know tha...
... middle of paper ...
...unch of people and learned that everyone has a certain point that should not be crossed. Even though there is time for play, it is important to know when the play time should end. In the year that I have been at Fort Riley I have had encounters with a lot of people. I feel for the most part I was shown respect. Other times I feel I was taken advantage of do to my rank. I do not like feeling that way, which is why when I look back on December 1st I know I got too comfortable with my leaders and took advantage of that playing around privilege. I feel terrible for doing this to my leaders and can ensure that it will not happen again. I have had a lot of knowledge sent my way from people who have been in the Army for as long as half of my life. One of the simplest but most important things i have been told is,"Tarter,there is a right time, and right place for everything."
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Coming to Spelman, I knew I would be in the right place because in the past I heard many accounts of young ladies coming out intellectual women changing the world one step at a time. For me I always wondered how would this school help me become the best I could be. In the speech Dr. Myra Burnett gave to us she raised question “(Do we want) … just a piece of paper representing your degree or an outstanding liberal arts education that has transformed the way you think, act, and view the world?” When thinking of the answer to this question of course it is not hard to exclaim that I want an outstanding liberal education but the fact is being I strong enough to do so.... [tags: Goal, Time, Management, Term]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- The chaos and destruction that the Nazi’s are causing are not changing the lives of only Jews, but also the lives of citizens in other countries. Between Night by Elie Wiesel and The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, comradeship, faith, strength, and people of visions are crucial to the survival of principle characters. Ironically, in both stories there is a foreseen future, that both seemed to be ignored. Before the Great War begins affecting the Wiesel’s and ten Boom’s lives, both families experience a premonition of a dark future ahead of them.... [tags: The Hiding Place ]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti wrote his poem, “The World Is a Beautiful Place…,” in 1955. It was a time of war and suffering, especially due to the imminent Vietnam War and Civil Rights Movement beginning in 1955. In this poem, Lawrence Ferlinghetti reveals the world’s disguised beauty with his distinctive poetic patterns, rhythm, irony and unique style to illustrate the connotative perception of the world and how the world and life itself can truly be beautiful no matter how long it takes for one to come to such conclusion.... [tags: The World Is a Beautiful Place]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Have you ever found yourself wondering if attending college is the right place for you. Not only that, but the type of institution that will be suit your personality. Some may choose not to attend college. Something to keep in mind though is a college graduate earns $50,000 a year post graduation, while someone with a high school diploma earns $30,000 a year. However, as most people know, the prominence of a college degree is more important now that it ever has been. Most fields require a minimum associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree, while other careers demand a master’s or higher, including doctors and lawyers.... [tags: University, Academic degree, High school]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Right to Choose Medical Treatment According to Philipus Auredous Paracelsus, “medicine is not merely a science but an art. The character of the physician may act more powerfully upon the patient than the drugs employed”. Medicine is an extraordinary field of study, you meet all types of people from various walks of life, encounter different situations daily and the difference that a physician can make in one’s life is priceless. More importantly, when you enter medical school, one of the most important things that will be embedded in your mind during and even after you graduate is, prescription, prescription and prescription, During ones medical education, physicians are taught not only abo... [tags: The Right to Refuse Treatment Act]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- We Like It, We Love It, We Want Some More of It: The Allure of Time Travel Time travel has been a growing theme in literature and film since the Father of Science Fiction, H.G. Wells, introduced the idea in his 1895 novel, The Time Machine. Since the novels release, writers and movie producers have drawn from Well’s imaginative ideas and expanded it to unexpected hype. Time travel has evolved over time from a dream into something that many believe is possible. The hundreds of successful movies and novels using time travel have caused me to ask the question, what is it about time travel that is so appealing.... [tags: Time travel, Time, H. G. Wells, The Time Machine]
2555 words (7.3 pages)
- DNR: Whose Right to Choose. Do not resuscitate (DNR) is an order written by a doctor or written in an Advance Directive initiated by a patient. The self-determination act of 1990 established the right of a patient to in certain situations where they may be unable to make crucial medical decisions because of incapacitation(Geppert, 2010). Orders given by the patient instruct medical personnel not to perform life saving measures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation. A DNR order may also be specific to a medical facility depending on state law a patient may be able to choose what type of DNR order they would like to have.... [tags: do not resucitate, the right to die]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Education is a major concern in modern society. Citizens demand the best academic development in their countries, as well as equal access to every socioeconomic level. At the same time, there are arguments in how education is effective for success and whether it impacts the improvements in the world. Consequently, there is always a distortion between the educational rights granted by the government and those responsibilities that need to be taken on this issue. However, is imperative to understand that education is more than an entitlement.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Right to education]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- She was waiting and expecting for this agent to whip his gun out and shoot the stupid perverted creeper in the forehead or his arm. Whichever would make a bigger statement. She figured since this kid was insulting her, Ben would take care of it. After all, he did say that he was there to protect her and ensure that no Russian or anti-British-monarchy rebel tried to hurt her. Sky simply figured he’d carry that out right here and right now. Her eyes widened as his voice rang in her ears and his words penetrated her cognitive understanding in her brain.... [tags: Debut albums, 2008 singles, Fit Right In]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- It was November 19th 2009 the day I wish never happened. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time doing things I regret to this day. People shouting rioting about the new law, from what started to a simple protest to an all out civil war. The clouds were black a line of riot shield officers giving instructions pleading for every one to stop but no one listened. Some people didn’t even know what every one was rioting for they just saw it as a chance to steal and provide for themselves or family.... [tags: short story]
573 words (1.6 pages)