Richard’s family should use one of the hybrid forms of the corporation since it’s a family owned business and its shareholders are members of the family. They should consider using the S corporation since it basically has very few shareholders. This is because they will maintain the control of the business in the family. In case they extended shares to other investors, they have to ensure that they keep the majority shares to be sure of control of their business decision making . This family business has about three shareholders and that’s why they should use S corporation business model. This makes the farm create a chance for their children to be incorporated in the business in the future. On the other hand, this business has one class of products. Richard farm is a family business and double ta...
... middle of paper ...
...higher farm value which will lead to a higher selling price of each share to the public. Therefore, hiring professionals and acquiring assets will make the farm expand and acquire higher equity capital.
In conclusion, the financial decision involved the capital budgeting, structure and the working capital management in planning how the farm will run its tree business. The farm should consider using S corporation to acquire equity capital. This will help in expanding the business. Incorporating the business may also give the children a chance to be shareholders who can later distribute their parent’s shares according to the set law of share transfer upon their parent’s death. Hiring professionals is an important approach to the farm since it will increase its value which can attract investors. Incorporation will differentiate management and ownership of the company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Turner & Townsend is a global program management and construction consultancy. Turner & Townsend has acquired Thinc, Australia to form specialist project management division Turner & Townsend Thinc within Australian operation. Turner & Townsend vision to excel has seen an increase in staff strength from 2,500 to 4,100 which happened because of a clear vision of what to achieve. Approximately 1 year after the announcement the operations of the two firms was considered to be fully integrated. The head office of Turner & Townsend became the new office for Thinc which resulted in the closure of six offices within Australia.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction: Ethical accounting failure has continued to occur in multinational companies despite the increased legislation, enhanced corporate governance programs, and greater attention on business ethics by the academic community. (Croxford, 2010.) According to his research, Croxford believed “that accounting professional was discriminated against based on their age, culture, gender, and education”. Multinational corporations have been facing ethical failures scandal for many years. Example: One of the biggest financial scandals was the Enron Scandal.... [tags: Corporation, Management, Corporate governance]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Capital One Financial Corporation 1. How is Capital One’s use of IT different from other mass customization strategies. Capital One uses IT through its information-based strategy (IBS) to “record, organize, and analyze data on the characteristics and behaviors of their customers,” as stated by CEO Richard Fairbank. Their philosophy was to exploit information by constructing scientific models that could be used to both assess the creditworthiness of potential cardholders through FICO scoring, and to customize product offerings for existing ones.... [tags: Business Management Strategy Analysis]
1052 words (3 pages)
- 2.2.3 Advising Managers The auditors are tasked with the responsibility of advising managers on issues of financial reporting and accountability in the daily operation of a company (Ahmad and Taylor, 2009). The corporate board of directors and top managers are faced with an evolving landscape of corporate governance regulations and requirements (Burnaby et al., 2009).This has implication on the day to day operation. Therefore there is need for auditors to advise managers on various aspect of financial reporting.... [tags: Auditing, Audit, External auditor]
2304 words (6.6 pages)
- When analyzing a company for investment, there are many quantitative and qualitative measurements to be considered. Not only is the financial information important, but so too is the analysis of the company’s ethics, political environment, and long-term sustainability of the company’s services. In analyzing Kinder Morgan, the quantitative data considered were things such as the trading volume, average stock prices, as well as financial ratios such as the liquidity ratio or earnings per share ratio.... [tags: Financial ratio, Financial ratios, Stock]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
- The IMA is an association for financial professional and accountants. The main objective of the organization is to increase the professional abilities of its members in order to improve their career opportunities. “IMA’s mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and the advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance”, IMA, para. 1, 2015. IMA is an institute that provides both financial and management accounting programs with broad and distinct subjects within their courses.... [tags: Management, Business, Financial accountancy]
700 words (2 pages)
- There are countless organizations throughout the world providing services to government agencies, educational institutions, medical facilities, and individuals. No matter what type of services an organization provides or to whom, financial management is essential to their economic viability. Consequently, many questions must be asked and decisions made pertaining to the finances of an organization. An organization must take into consideration, what long-term investments they should partake in, how they plan on financing the long-term investments, their liabilities and short-term assets, and how daily financial activities will be conducted.... [tags: Finance, Management, Chief financial officer]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- A plan is a determined course of action for achieving a specific objective. An individual may prepare a plan for his journey or tour or for a family function. Similarly, a business unit may prepare a plan to achieve a particular objective. It is called a business plan which includes production plan, sales plan, and so on. A business unit prepares a master plan for the whole unit. Such master plan is again divided into departmental plans for actual execution. Planning is a process of thanking to action.... [tags: Management, Planning, Decision making]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- This table measures how students agree or disagree on the statement given on the survey questionnaire. On the first statement, 46.15% of first year students strongly agree, 35.71% of second year students strongly agree and 38.46% third year students strongly agree lack of interest on the chosen program leads to unsatisfying wants. The table below shows the result of the statement, lack of interest on the chosen program leads to unsatisfying wants, 50% of male students strongly agreed and 37.50% of female strongly agreed, too.... [tags: financial management, finance students]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Decision Making Proccess in Management Introduction The purpose of this paper is to find a decision-making model by using various resources. I will focus on identifying the steps in the decision-making model, how the model applied to a recent workplace decision and examines how critical thinking affected the decision. Critical Thinking Thinking is the central process of how we transfer our thoughts.... [tags: Decision Making Proccess in Management ]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- The Relationship And Conflict Between Business And Industry
- Ethics And The Ethical Dilemmas Within The Sciences, Specicifcally Dealing With Biology ( Cotler )
- Analysis Of Wilfred Langley 's ' Comrades '
- The Effects Of Drug And Alcohol Dependence On The Health
- How The Cell Phone Has Dramatically Over The Past Two Years.
- The Relationship Between The Jews And Muslims During The Time Of Muhammad