Thoughts of wearing school uniforms as a kid could be seen as uncool, but to some kids it’s seen as unity, for some parents it’s seen as financial relief, and for others it’s a saving grace. Wearing school uniforms in public schools has numberless amounts of positive benefits both at school and at home. Students that have to wear school uniforms tend to focus and behave better, making the school safer for both students and staff. Parents get to save money by not buying the latest coolest trends, parents also get to show students about giving back by donating gently used uniforms to the school. Would you want to send your child to a school where your child fears for his/her safety, or a school where your child feels safe and can focus on learning?
School uniforms can save parents hundreds of dollars a year due to not allowing children to wear the latest fashion trends. Daugherty explains often school’s uniforms are less expensive than the clothing that students typically wear to school. Nonetheless, the cost of purchasing a uniform may be a burden on some families. Districts planning to institute a uniform policy should address this issue prior to implementation. Grants of assistance have been available from federal or state agencies and from private sources, and graduates typically donate their uniforms to the school. Luscombe points out “Kids change out of uniforms the moment they get home. They don’t wear them on weekends. Nobody ever wants to hang on to them for one second longer than they have to. Consequently, they can be donated back to the school. People who can’t afford new uniforms can purchase pre-loathed ones, with the money going to fund the school programs.” Single parent fami...
... middle of paper ...
... Therefore, I believe every school should use uniforms. Though school uniforms may take away from an individual’s creativity when dressing themselves, they will help rule out bullying because of one’s clothing style. School uniforms are cheaper and they can provide unity among school children as well as teachers. School uniforms can stop the battle of what to wear in the morning which will also get children to school on time. School uniforms can help identify visitors or intruders quickly when they enter the school. School uniforms can allow students to focus on their work instead of what style their classmates are wearing or worrying about getting bullied for not having them. By implementing school uniforms, we can reiterate the morals we as parents instill in our children as they grow. Wouldn’t you want your child to learn in a safer environment free of judgment?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Krystal Brodsky Project 1 Rough Draft English 101 April 26, 2016 Title One of the biggest “fashion trends” is spreading throughout schools in the United States. An increasing number of public schools are discussing and implementing school uniforms. Currently, “Around 23% of all public and private schools in America have a school uniform policy” (“School Uniform Statistics”). In this day and age, one of the worst problems schools face is a distracting and unsafe learning environment caused by clothing; fortunately, this issue can be lessened with the addition of school uniform policies.... [tags: Education, High school, Dress code, Teacher]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Many schools across the world have implemented policies requiring a school uniform. This differs from a dress code by focusing on what the student should wear and setting an outfit specification instead of just prohibiting unwanted clothing (Wilde). Previously many private schools had this system, but as of 2014, about twenty percent of public schools had adopted this practice, a twelve percent difference since 2000 (Ordway) This drastic change could have been sparked by a comment made by the former US President Bill Clinton in an address to US citizens.... [tags: Education, Dress code, Uniforms, High school]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- School Uniforms A group of small boys and girls all wearing the same colored school uniforms assembled in front of a catholic school is what I imagine when thinking about school uniforms. This is probably what most people imagine. They have been attached to students of European and private schools. Such pictures of students dressing in school uniforms have led to stereotyping and a negative attitude towards schools enforcing a uniform policy. Displayed as robots without the ability to express them selves in a society that says you must express yourself and be an individual at all cost.... [tags: School Uniforms, education]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever thought to observe a situation, such as instituting school uniforms, from all viewpoints. Typically, when discussing a topic such as school uniforms, many are quick to deem them as unjust and avoidable. What these individuals do not know is that, in fact, school uniforms would enhance how the learning environment functions. School uniforms are a necessary component needed in schools, for they show school unity, develop better student behavior, and improve how students perform academically.... [tags: Dress code, Education, School uniform, High school]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Students and parents, especially students, are stressing out about having to wear school uniforms. Requiring school uniform has done many destruction to students. It has made them feel uncomfortable that it has get them to the point where they can not even learn. Researchers in University of Nevada established that 90 percent of students in school do not like wearing school uniforms (Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms). Many students feel that wearing a dress code takes away their right and they feel like their opinions don 't even matter.... [tags: Dress code, School uniform, Education, Uniforms]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Danny Tran English 114-36 Emma Rogers 27th September 2015 Assignment 2: Freire (Rough Draft) In today’s educational classrooms, there are many different ways a teacher and their students communicate and connect in the learning environment. The way the students and teachers interact with one another plays a big role in how a student is demonstrating their apprehension as well as what they are learning. In Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire discusses different methods of teaching and learning between the student and teacher, such as the “banking” concept of education and the problem-posing model.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Classroom, Certified teacher]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Distracted Drivers (Rough Draft) “Don’t tempt fate that text can wait” (Gaille). On October 8th, 2016 it is three o’clock in the afternoon, and I am on 59 heading back to school from a long workday. As I am driving a see a young girl driving next to me. She does not look a day over eighteen. I keep seeing her glancing down at her cell phone. When I noticed she was texting I calmly passed her up as I am approaching my exit. I slow down and get over to my far right lane. When she realized she was about to miss her exit, she speeds up and past me, then out of nowhere she cuts me off.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Tram accident]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Every person is a unique individual; from their appearance and personality right down to their very DNA, humans are naturally different from one another, yet there are several people who believe that a uniform solution of uniforms in school will work for everyone. The implementation of school uniforms is said to bring about positive changes such as decreases in gang activity, bullying, and costs to parents; however, the truth is that school uniforms are not more beneficial than free dress in schools.... [tags: Equality, Schools, Education, Uniforms]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- School uniforms are used to enforce no bullying rules and help the learning. The dress code is established and children imaginations are oppressed. The company used is Robert Renee and their finical costs for the free lunch children are effecting the school. Keywords: School Uniforms, Dress Code, Imagination, Finical Cost Newark Ohio School Uniform Many schools have started to use uniforms to cut down on bullying. This effect the student 's and teacher is in many ways. While the uniforms also cost a lot of money from the school that could go to other possibilities such as books, sports, and clubs for the kids.... [tags: High school, Dress code, Trousers, School uniform]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- The ringing of the alarm clock that is placed directly beside your bed wakes you. The high pitched alarm practically pierces your brain and makes you get out of your warm, cozy bed. Time to head to school. You have to wake up every day the moment that alarm goes off or else you’re toast. If you are late again, your school record is sure to take a hit. But wait… what are you going to wear. Is this a dilemma you face each morning. Do you have trouble wanting to get out of your bed, and then faced with the troubling question of what cool, clean, unwrinkled outfit you should wear that day.... [tags: uniforms, public schools, fashion,]
709 words (2 pages)
- American History : The Radical Reconstruction
- The Current And Former Communist Regimes, Russia, China
- Pursuing A Clinical Psychology Degree At Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
- Athletes Should Not Be A Competitive Sport With Regular Athletes
- Personal Note On Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Henry Howard Holmes : An Early Age