There are differences between Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Testing is a large factor in accurately assessing the full scope of the assistance a client may new. Depending on the needs of the client the Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) could be a better fit. In considering the tests that exist, one sample population LMFT’s are likely to work with are children. Development is always a major factor in children with intellectual or behavior issues. One test that is dynamic to this factor is the Profile of Creative Capabilities (PCA).
The Profile of Creative Capabilities (PCA) includes two subtests (Drawing and Groups) and 2 rating scales (a house along with a School form) which are purported to measure 'creative capabilities, domain-relevant abilities, creativeness-relevant abilities, and intrinsic task motivation of scholars between your age range of 5- and 14-11' (examiner's manual, p. 5).
Enter test includes eight stimuli with instructions for that child to make a picture. To encourage an innovative element towards the task, the kid is particularly expected to 'draw an image that nobody else would think of' (examiner's manual, p. 5). Scoring of the subtest is dependent on Guilford's (1959) applying for grants creativeness and analyzes the next elements: quantity of new elements put into the image, originality, if the drawing is changed through location or position, and if the child's drawing provides perspective. This is untimed.
The home and educational rating scales are the same 36-item forms having a 4-point Likert scale depending on how frequently the kid exhibits each behavior or characteristic. The P...
... middle of paper ...
... (2005). Code of Ethics. Alexandria, VA: Author.
Plucker, J. A., & Barab, S. A. (2005). The importance of contexts in theories of giftedness. In R. J. Sternberg & J. E. Davidson (Eds.), Conceptions of giftedness (pp. 201-216). New York: Cambridge University Press.
Runco, M. A. (2005). Creative giftedness. In R. J. Sternberg & J. E. Davidson (Eds.), Conceptions of giftedness (pp. 295-311). New York: Cambridge University Press.
Ryser, G. R., & McConnell, K. (2003). Scales for Identifying Gifted Students. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
Shaughnessy, M. F., & Wakefield, J. F. (2003). Creativity: Assessment. In N. Piotrowski & T. Irons-Georges (Eds.), Magill's encyclopedia of social science:Psychology (pp. 459-463). Pasadena, CA: Salem Press.
Van Hoose, W.H. (1980). Ethics and counseling. Counseling & Human Development,
13(1), 1-12. ASGW (2007) Best Practice Guidelines.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- REVIEW OF THE PROFILE OF CREATIVE ABILITIES DESCRIPTION. Good examiner's manual, the Profile of Creative Capabilities (PCA) was created mainly to recognize 'gifted students around creative thinking' (p. 7). Alternate uses include monitoring progress in creative-thinking classes and undertaking research. The items inside the PCA include two subtests of divergent thinking and two rating scales (Home and School). The rating scales have identical products. The examiner's manual instructs a college mental medical adviser or any other qualified test administrator the easiest method to administer and score some measures define the PCA.... [tags: Assessment ]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- Along with the already clear and precise guidelines for the Woodcock-Johnson III NU Tests of Cognitive Abilities, seven new features have been added to the tests (Woodcock & Johnson, 1989). In the Woodcock-Johnson III NU: Tests of Cognitive Abilities, it includes eight new tests, which measure information-processing abilities (Keith, Kranzler, & Flanagan, 2001). These tests include ones which measure working memory, planning, naming speed, and attention (Woodcock, McGrew, & Mather, 2001b). Also included in this version are five new cognitive clusters (McGrew, Werder, & Woodcock, 1991).... [tags: measuring information-processing abilities]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- The way a human learns is very exciting and can really go in depth when explored. The brain is in control of everything, there are endless abilities it can do and plays an enormous role in how the average human learns. There are various learning styles and theories of intelligences that can explain or even put in perspective in everything we do. Without the exploration of multiple intelligences, the knowledge of how humans learn would be irrelevant. Learning something new can be very easy or very difficult depending on the type of person and their capabilities.... [tags: learn, intelligence, brain]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- Ability and talent A person's psychic, ESP, or telepathic abilities can't be judged by a single or a group of exercises. This ability develops through time and practice. So, if you don't do well the first time, don't feel bad, the exercises need to be practiced over and over. Be patient and you can expect to see an improvement in all your latent abilities over a period of time, not just in a few tries of guessing cards. Attitude The mind set and attitude at the time of the test are critical. It is important to maintain enthusiasm and interest when testing yourself because it has been found to make a difference.... [tags: essays research papers]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- A Writer's Profile Attention all passengers, please fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a ride through English 105. You are about to cruise through my writings and learn more about this course. You are sure to experience a great time and learn of what makes English 105 so exciting. Each link at the bottom of the page will direct your attention to a different piece of my work. I am definitely not Hemingway, but I have learned a lot in this class and you will get a chance to see how.... [tags: Writing Education English Essays]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Creative Investigation Creativity is fundamental aspect of every designer, to see thing in a new and unusual way, finding unique solution for problems. It is also a gift of human being, which machine or computer cannot reproduced. However, the term 'creativity' has not been clearly defined yet. This essay discusses about the creative method, techniques and idea generation of a designer, Jonathan Ive, who is the principle designer of the iMac, iPod, and iPhone. Jonathan Ive was born in February 1967 in Chingford of England.... [tags: Creativity Creative Thinking Imagination]
1152 words (3.3 pages)