Working with students at the high school level in Special Ed and resource has been my main focus in the last few years. I really enjoy working one-on-one and having the responsibility of running a whole class. I have gotten better at being able to reach the students that everyone else has given up on. Having worked as a mediator and being able to connect with the students; I am able to get both sides to achieve an understanding and helping the students to successes. This has been very important to me, with the experience, my goal is to get a degree that would bring me up to the level I need to be. I am thinking about getting a degree that would let me teach in a classroom, and be a counselor. Having a positive influence in a student’s life is one of the most important tools they will use for the rest of their lives. I have seen the difference the teachers can make, and what I can do, it is too important to just walk away from. I may not be able... to help everyone but, t...
... middle of paper ...
...sated. This will give us all hope, and would show my kids that if I can do it, so can they; it would allow me to have a chance to improve not just my life, but my family’s and those students, which I would be able to help on a higher level. This is not just for me, but for my family, and all of the students that look up to me. Education is never-ending, as are we that pursue it with an ensationable hunger to grow. Civilizations have been built and destroyed because of education; it has helped those that really wanted to see more than just what was in front of them. For the first draft I have used free writing, Clustering, brainstorming, questions, soul searching, and a lot of tears, to put this essay together.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wanting to return to school has been a dream for a long time. I am starting out a little late, at 45 years old, but I have finally found my passion, working in education. Since the age of thirteen, I have been working multiple jobs day and night, only to still be below the poverty line; stuck in survival mode for so long now that I need to have a permanent positive change that will help me accomplish more than I ever have. The reason for me going back to school is to get certified so I may become a teacher.... [tags: nontraditional students, college, ]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- My vision and mission for returning back to school is to learn ideas that will expand and advance my understanding of time management and to acquire new skills and that will help enhance my current business abilities, learn how to apply what I learn in the class to forward my career, learn how to develop innovative, principled, and insightful as a leader so I can be a great asset to my church, job, and school. Having a vision and mission will provide better educational training for my career in business leadership.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Gospel, Gospel of Mark]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- People always ask me, “Connell why are you returning to college”. “You have already completed a 20 year career in the Air Force”. “You will receive a retirement check for your service and you will also receive a disability check for your injuries, you don’t need to go back to school”. To which I reply, “You are right, I don’t need to go back to school, I want to go back to college and fulfill the promise I made”. So I’ll share with you the story, of why I returned to college. We’ll have to go back 26 years from now, to when I was on in my last year of junior high school.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, School types]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- This essay is a reflection on identifying, discussing and applying useful resources available to me as a returning adult student to help me perform and succeed in an online academic environment. There are three key areas of impact: stress, time management and wellness and throughout the essay I will reference two great articles on adult learning, my decision to join the gym and my results from the Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory.5 By looking at stress, time management and wellness along with having candid feedback from my professor, helpful guidelines and support I will reflect on having resources on hand as an adult online student.... [tags: stress, time management, wellness, education]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Returning back to school was a very natural decision for me. It seemed to be the next logical step in my personal and career goals. My ultimate goal is to be happy and healthy and be a good provider and role model. With that set aside for now, my next goal is to be financially stable and able to provide for my family in ways that my family was not able to provide for me. I definitely expect to work for what I want and earn every bit of it. The most recent motivator was that my company was willing to contribute a huge chunk of the yearly tuition, therefore removing some financial burden.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Admissions Essays]
1054 words (3 pages)
- For a long time, African American’s together with their culture were grossly marginalized and their literature attracted little attention from the mainstream film and literature industry. This led to the emergence of African American literature that championed for the social justice and equality in the country. It was a cry for recognition and the need for equality. The African American film criticism and commentaries were marginalized in both popular and scholarly histories and critical reevaluation as noted by Anna Everett in ‘Returning the Gaze’.... [tags: Film Analysis]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (CTC) would benefit from having a Returning Student Concierge in several different ways. A Returning Student Concierge “is the single-point of contact at a college or university who helps returning adult students navigate the application, enrollment, and registration processes and overcome barriers to college success” (Education, 2010). Through my research, the amount of material I found on this subject was limited, but what I did find has shown me this position is well needed at CTC.... [tags: University, Education, Student]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- After returning from deployment overseas, veterans trying to return to civilian life are faced with numerous challenges, such as reconnecting with family and friends, dealing with any mental or physical injuries, and figuring out how to move forward with their lives. In regards to figuring out how to move forward with life, attaining a job might seem like an easy goal, given that soldiers are trained to do a wide variety of things from maintaining composure under pressure, to performing emergency medical procedures.... [tags: Employment, Labour economics, Veteran]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- The Park Slope School, Ps.282 is located in Park Slope Brooklyn. Ps.282 is a Kindergarten to eighth grade school full of diversity. The school’s staff was pleased to assist me with any of my needs. Although finding the right time to schedule an interview with the parent coordinator and guidance counselor was difficult, both parent coordinator and guidance counselor were more than willing to dedicate their time to focus on the interview. Ps.282 attempts to engage parent’s involvement in school using different methods.... [tags: Middle school, Elementary school, Primary school]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Returning to College as an Adult Coming to college as an adult, we have many expectations and preconceptions of what college will or will not be. The expectations we have can influence our college life for the better or the worse. My experience since starting college has been an interesting one. People have misconceptions about college because they do not know what to expect. After doing some research, I have concluded that there are three major factors that are often misunderstood about college life.... [tags: Personal Essays]
666 words (1.9 pages)