In my personal (bias) opinion, they could not have made a better choice. This unassuming restaurant is one of several in the Erie area, with another having been established in my hometown, which I am eternally grateful for. This particular restaurant is situated in a large plaza, sharing the space with a K-mart, tanning beds, a tax service, and other odds and ends. Every time I go there I can’t help, but draw the corollary between the plaza and a romanticized vision of a dusty, sun bleached town from the old west, just over the Rio Grande where people watch the sun crawl across the sky and eat authentic, delicious Mexican delicacies all day long. Truly, it is a dream. From the outsi...
... middle of paper ...
..., which gives the appearance of it being fried, and then it is served in a sugary sweet tortilla bowl and topped with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry. If you can fit it in, it’s the best way to put a period on the end of a Mexican restaurant style feast.
On the way out the Planeteers pay the sizable bill and make sure to thank everyone semi-patiently waiting for them to leave at the table in the back corner for such an excellent meal. They return the praise with a smile and a wave, and then the Planeteers head out the door into the cool night. Stopping outside their Geo-Cruiser, they look back to survey the scene of an utterly surprising and grand gorging. With a collective sigh, they prepare for their journey home. Once seated, Ma-Ti perks up and says, “So, same time next week?” To which everyone emits raucous spurts of laughter as the credits roll.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Yamashiro Restaurant Dave Thomas an American restaurateur and a philanthropist once said, “It all comes back to the basic. Serve customers the best-tasting food at a good value in a clean, comfortable restaurant, and they'll keep coming back.” (thomas). Everyone can agree on Dave Thomas, but I have a couple more criteria to add to his idea of a great successful restaurant. If I go out to eat I might as well pick a place that, though may be expensive, has scrumptious food because why bother going to spend money on food you can make yourself.... [tags: Restaurant Review Yamashiro]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Restaurant Review It was rainy, crowded and loud at the entrance, the smell of cigarette and rum filled the air of the lobby area. It was Saturday night at the T.G.I.F in San Francisco, the Giant’s were playing so the place was packed and fans were being loud. The restaurant is located on a corner nearby Pier 39 and it almost has an Aspen look to it. The building itself is made of bricks with big colorful windows and huge cherry finished wooden doors with brass handles. Inside, the walls are cherry wood and covered with big mirrors and stuffed dear heads.... [tags: essays research papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- Non-seafood eaters need not read further. Although they can easily make a seafood lover out of most anyone… the seafood savvy palate will be thrilled with Mary Mahoney’s. Located on the Biloxi strip, Mary Mahoney’s Old French House is a favorite of locals and a tourist must. The history of the building itself warrants a visit. The Old French House was built in 1773 during the French occupation of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Listed on the National Register of Historic Homes, The Old French House is one the oldest homes in the United States.... [tags: Restaurant Review ]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Inside a restaurant, BYUNGCHUL(36) is presenting his invention of a wormhole that ables you to travel back in time to a CONGRESSMAN (60s). This wormhole would take you exactly five years back in time. If the congressman can support this program, they can save up to 10 percent of taxes used for prisons and prisoners. Furthermore, he thinks Byungchul will be interested in funding for this project because his older son murdered someone and his younger son was murdered by someone. Byungchul suggests that he can save and change their lives.... [tags: Murder, KILL, Penology, Prison]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- The flourishing industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio is overwhelming. Especially for us who love eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter flavours. Some people even regard Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- The booming industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at the same time. That is especially for us who loves eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter (optional) flavors. Some even regards Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine you’re in the Deep South, crocodiles, Creole, and the flavor of Cajun America. New Orleans, Louisiana, it’s spring, and it’s time for Mardi Gras. If you want the true Cajun experience, then take a trip down to Broussard’s Cajun Cuisine in Cape Girardeau and they’ll show you what it’s like. Broussard’s Cajun Cuisine has been spicing up Cape Girardeau since 1986. Barron T. Broussard and his wife Kathy moved to Cape Girardeau from Crowley, Louisiana with a plan to bring the Cajun style of Louisiana to Missouri.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- It's no surprise that most college students aren't rolling in cash. Still, those poor college students get cravings for real dessert once in a while. Cravings that even the Forbidden Fudge Brownie from Friendly's can’t satisfy. Fairleigh Dickinson University is sandwiched between two wealthy towns, Morristown and Madison. But that doesn't mean that you have to settle for swedish fish and oreos--high quality, delicious treats don't have to cost as much as a college textbook. These five spots will cure sugar lust-at least until your next study session, and all are astonishingly easy-on-the-wallet.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- It's hard to find a place to eat when you don't know what you want. This was the situation a few Friday nights ago when Kim and I hopped in the car and just started driving around. We were deep into the Lake Mary/Sanford area when we spotted a glowing sign off the side of the road. Colorado Prime Steak is a modest little place but by the looks of the parking lot, I had a feeling that I was in for something good. I'd guess there were maybe 30 spots total, give or take a few...with perhaps two available when we pulled in.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- When we put food in our stomach, we have a choice, to hurt or help our body. Why not make the next meal a healthy one. Yes, there are many restaurants to enjoy in Corvallis, but few that offer a nutritional menu that leaves us wanting more. There is a hidden restaurant behind Circle K a convenience store on Monroe Avenue that looks more like a house or community center than a restaurant. Located at 109 N.W. 15th Street is a wonderful place to eat called Nearly Normal’s. This is one of the finest choices to purchase a meal in Corvallis.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Restaurant]
1196 words (3.4 pages)