Now is the technology era for in the world, many people live with technologies in their daily life. In general, technology meant knowledge of tools improve a pre-existing solution to a problem. There were so many habits of using technologies, like using computer to do documentation works, using social network to chat with friend in other country, until now using mobile devices to view web sites. Growth in mobile devices and smartphones had eased many people access Web pages. Normally, we use the computer or desktop to open a browser and visit to some websites. The content of websites is same when you use personal computer and desktop to visits it, caused by the size of screen is almost same. To build a more user friendly website that allow user to view the exactly same content of the Web pages regardless of the device’s screen size, a web pages with responsive web design is introduced. Responsive web design is ways to design web pages that work consistently across different screen size, platform, and user interface by using the same codebase (Pilon, 2013). The issues we always focus is the elements, pros, and cons. Hence, this report will discuss about the main components, advantages, and disadvantages of responsive web design.
There are three main component of responsive web design which are fluid grid, fluid image, and CSS media queries (Thebeebs. 2012).
i) Fluid Grid Layout
In responsive web design, fluid grid layout was used to enable the content of the site to be flexible. In other words, it allows the content to flow in any size (Nimesh, n.d.)
There are some rules for complete a fluid layout (Weakly, 2003).
1) Draft a layout grid before start coding.
2) Include gutters to avoid col...
... middle of paper ...
.... Retrieved from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/thebeebs/archive/2012/02/28/responsive-web-design-in-3-minutes-42-seconds.aspx
Ward, S. (2013). Top 7 benefits of responsive web design. Retrieved from http://webappdevelopmentcompanyblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/top-7-benefits-of-responsive-web-design/
Webblogers. (2014). Complete guide to responsive web design advantages and disadvantages.
Retrieved from http://www.webbloggers.net/complete-guide-to-responsive-web-design-advantages-and-disadvantages/
Whalen, B. (2013). 5 reasons why responsive web design sucks for ecommerce businesses. Retrieved from http://room214.com/mobile/5-reasons-why-responsive-web-design-sucks-for-ecommerce-businesses
Young, J. (2013). The 8 biggest responsive web design problem (and how to avoid them). Retrieved from http://www.creativebloq.com/responsive-web-design/problems-8122790
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION Now is the technology era for in the world, many people live with technologies in their daily life. In general, technology meant knowledge of tools improve a pre-existing solution to a problem. There were so many habits of using technologies, like using computer to do documentation works, using social network to chat with friend in other country, until now using mobile devices to view web sites. Growth in mobile devices and smartphones had eased many people access Web pages. Normally, we use the computer or desktop to open a browser and visit to some websites.... [tags: internet technology]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Adaptive Responsive net design Nuwanthi KK Gamhewage Dakota kingdom college abstract on this research, I specifically focused on responsive and adaptive web layout that 's an critical topic in net developing international. right here, I described what an internet layout is and the way these responsive and adaptive web design became essential in net developing discipline. moreover, I provide blessings and disadvantages of each responsive internet layout and adaptive internet layout. by way of overview this research paper each person can get a valid information about web design in terms of adaptive web design and responsive net layout.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web design, Internet]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Barber’s Business Solution has been tasked to assist Harrison Kirby in moving his traditional retail business into an online store. Mr. Kirby owns a local golf course and wants to take his business to the next level by gaining a presence in the digital world. A social media presence will also be benefit to market Mr. Kirby’s golf course and aid in improvements based on existing customer’s feedback. After doing thorough research you will find recommendations for website design, a logistics provider and a Customer Relationship Management Tool to introduce an ecommerce strategy.... [tags: Website, Web design, Marketing, Customer service]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Summary: Responsive Website design has been a rage in 2013. The introduction to responsive website design has given way to a separate type of typography, which is only compatible with the responsive website design. This article would be dealing with the responsive typography. When the topic of website comes into consideration, typography plays a very big role. Even some of the stalwarts in website designing consider that typography plays the biggest responsibility, when website design comes into the picture.... [tags: website, design, layout, settings, factors]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- There 's an emerging trend in website design. Many have switched from building a website that has depth and third-dimension elements toward a stripped-down version that resembles a flat, single-surface viewing experience. This flat design is one of the hottest trends in web design to pop up across the web in 2016. But, is this one of those trends that is going to spread like wildfire and then burn itself out, or is it here to stay. Let 's look at why this web design model is currently trending and what the future holds for flat design.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Design, Web design]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- ... With the inevitable need of internet sites for any website designing company Chennai, search for efficient net designers, is ever compelling. These professionals are needed in each field of business from massive firms to academics institutes, to little business to private uses. Here the web designer supposed to need knowledge in the HTML language and CSS. It contains domain name, perfect layout and hosting, design all kind of information can be handled in the certain sites. They are lots of jobs available for this career because lots of company is available in all over the world offering a web designing service for the customers or people can get a good experience towards it.... [tags: web, content, performance]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- ... HTML 3 was revolutionary, as it finally opened up the doors to real website customization. Designers now had the ability to use animated images, and colorful backgrounds. Then Flash was introduced as well, which changed the entire scene of web design. No longer was everything static and dull; things were moving and colorful, and the web became a much more appealing place. Now we have HTML 5, which fixed most syntax errors in both HTML 4 and XHTML 1.1. HTML 5 is made to create a language for both HTML and XHTML.... [tags: internet, HTML, new scripting languages]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Four months since Google announced their mobile ranking algorithm, Mobilegeddon, and many websites are still not in compliance. “We will be expanding our use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal. Consequently, users will find it easier to get relevant, high quality search results that are optimized for their devices.” Google This new algorithm means that sites that are not responsive, adaptive or mobile-friendly will suffer in their mobile search results. Read more about this Google update here.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Website, Design]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- ... When the website is scrolled down, the website is responsive. The picture stays in place while the rest of the page scrolls down, which adds a creative aspect to the background. In any great website it has some form of creativity. Creativity is everywhere, and everywhere in everyday life. One place where design is most important and needed is in websites. People I society today see this everywhere and don’t stop to think about the creativity behind a website. “Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality.... [tags: developer, creativity]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)