Canada’s Airport Security
PSI 203 0LA
October 15, 2015
Word count: 937
Research Proposal on Canada’s Airport Security
Throughout the history of aviation, criminals and terrorists have used airports and aircraft to orchestrate various forms of unlawful activities. Examples as such, criminals using general or commercial aviation to smuggle goods and drugs, or terrorists and special interest groups using aviation to garner geopolitical attention. In the mentioned cases, aviation has provided a platform for expedient distribution channels for drug peddlers, criminals, and a public stage for terrorists and special interest groups. Aviation is imperative to sustain the economic existence of world commerce, the flow of knowledge and information throughout society and the movement of people and goods. Therefore, it is critical that those in charge of safeguarding the aviation industry are ardent at coming up and implementing judicious systems that are efficient in aiding to alleviating terrorist and criminal activity (Price and Forrest, 2012).
Purpose of the Study
This research project will aim to investigate the current state of Canada’s airport security, the airport security preparedness for terror or criminal activity mitigation and the techniques used to enhance airport security.
What is the current state of airport security? Reports of any cases of security breaches should be addressed in this case. How does airport security prepare for anticipated security breaches? The aim here would be to investigate whether the airport security teams are reactive or proactive. What the various security protocols carried out? This would be to investigate whether passengers, airline personnel, airport p...
... middle of paper ...
..., where she teaches security, strategic intelligence, and terrorism. The author is a retired Lieutenant. Colonel and worked in the US Air Force until 1999. This source contains information on risk management, technological enhancements in matters pertaining aviation security, cargo security and much more.
Terrorism is a global issue that has affected a good number of countries at some point and not just in Canada. Enhancing security in the aviation industry would go a long way in curbing terrorist and criminal activities because airports are a good entry point for individuals or groups that engage in the acts. It is for this reason that research needs to be carried out in order understand better how airport security works and how it can be enhanced in Canada.
Lastly, recommendations will be made concerning the issue of airport security in Canada.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Canada and the United States of America Necessary Allies in Matters of Defence: A Canadian Policy Proposal
- Canada and the United States of America Necessary Allies in Matters of Defence: A Canadian Policy Proposal Defence cooperation is a significant component to the Canadian-American relationship. Not only does each country have to provide individual defence and provide defence for their neighbour, but both Canada and the United States seek to defend North America as well. Being the two neighbouring North American countries, it is essential that Canada and the United States work collaboratively to ensure the safety of North America and its people.... [tags: North America]
2292 words (6.5 pages)
- New immigrants entering Canada are selected using a points system designed to hand-pick skilled, educated professionals. However, they face a difficult task attempting to integrate into the Canadian labour market. A common trend amongst studies is the detrimental role foreign-earned credentials and experience play during the hiring process. Their human-cultural capital is often devalued, limiting both opportunities for employment, as well as upward mobility. Intersectionality further complicates the issue, demonstrating how some immigrants experience greater oppression than others.... [tags: opportunities, workers, employees]
1905 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction A research conducted pertaining to a city is always concerned with a number of areas that describe it. One of the areas of study could be the lifestyle of the habitants of the city. Another area of interest could be the avenues, lanes, recreational facilities that are in the city, as well as most of the welfare amenities used to make life better for its dwellers. This is a research proposal on a study into Tucson’s geographical location and the lifestyle of its dwellers. It is concerned about the town’s positioning, strategic placement of the streets and all the developments that make the town conspicuous.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- TicTek Inc is a small company with about a hundred employees and one facility. The company sells home security electronics online. The devices are manufactured by a third party company and shipped to TicTek, whereupon they are warehoused until they are purchased through the company’s website. The warehouse staff prepares and ships customer orders in the same facility which houses the office staff and management. TicTek has a few major stockholders, but the majority of the company’s stock is owned by its executives and employees.... [tags: IT Security Proposal]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Fraser Institute is a research based non-profit independent and educational organization in Canada. The Fraser institute is referred to as a “Think Tank”. More than 80 countries are linked with this organization. They conduct specific query and encourage people to participate in this query and giving appropriate solution. They work for the betterment of society and examine the effects of an economics that affects society. Their main mission is to give proper measurement and transparency in research.... [tags: Canada, education, non-profit organization]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Resarch Paper Proposal: The Box Jellyfish As far back as I can trace my memories I remember that as a child I always liked to be in the water. Swimming pools were my absolute favorite. Wherever I went, I would always ask if there was a swimming pool. However, things changed when my parents took me to Florida for the first time. When I looked out onto the ocean my parents told me that the first words that came out of my mouth were, “Look mom, dad it’s a huge swimming pool!” I bet anyone can guess what happened next; I took off on a mad dash right into the ocean.... [tags: Project Proposal]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- The nonprofit organization I chose is Easter Seals. Easter Seals TriState was originally formed in 1972 by an advocacy group of local parents whose children lived with severe developmental disabilities. In July 2012, the organization merged with the publicly-funded programs of Jewish Vocational Service to create Easter Seals TriState. (ESTS) As a result, ESTS is now one of the largest human services providers in the Greater Cincinnati region. The organization has 10 site locations and serves more than 12,000 people with disabilities, disadvantages, and employment barriers.... [tags: Disability, Developmental disability]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- The anticipated research paper will be taking into consideration the perspectives of the individuals that lived and died as a result of the Black Death, specifically from the year 1348 CE – 1350 CE and in the better known parts of the world during that period, the reactions, preventative measure that were taken to combat the plague, the religious and governmental response. In the collection of primary sources amassed by John Aberth in The Black Death, 1348-1350: the great mortality of 1348-1350 ; a brief history with documents1 he very succinctly provides a condensed description of each document by giving a background of the author as well as the source of the primary source.... [tags: Research Paper Proposal]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction The study will seek to find out the possibility of introducing an environmental engineering program at Laurentian University. The issue of environment is one that has become very important for human beings and as such, more knowledge is needed to come up with positive solutions for all. The Laurentian University has a track record in producing engineers who are highly reputable and as such it is well placed to offer these courses to students. An environmental engineering program will combine all the divisions of science, which can make a difference in people’s daily lives.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Is it true that despite the Technology Development, Electronic Commerce is still Legally a Grey Area. Usage of modern means of communication such as electronic mail and electronic data interchange for the purpose of international trade transactions have been increasing rapidly. With the development of information technology and growing Internet accessibility worldwide, international trade is soon expected to change its traditional way of doing business. However, this development may be hindered by the lack of a globally accepted means of using the Internet to create a contract and make payment.... [tags: Research Proposal]
899 words (2.6 pages)