As we see that there are more five additional activities that are been added to the Gantt chart, where the new project start with the internal research on cloud computing with other teams under the Environment Technologies Program has been developing a schedule and many others are researching about the cloud computing project. Then we identify the business of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field. Here this function will help in giving the complete information about the project. The next additional activity is from the IT staff we have collected the complete information about cloud computing. After the complete research and gathering the information the team has went to England to attend the meeting here they can discuss new project of IT computing. After all the tasks of new activities it takes almost one week to resist a solution of whole complete project. The outcomes of the project and the requirements have ensured that it has been finish early or in time.
Each team member has been work for fulltime to this project. In some cases, the project team has a part time working team. Team members have other work responsibilities and dedicated only a portion of their time to project. They may not report directly instead of that they will let to know to functional manager in their department. The team members are constantly demand their projects manager to work the team members begins its work. It is important to make sure to decide that a team requires resources that may be assigned the project team. There should be lack of commitment to the project with some formal comities to discuss the project outcomes. It’s too hard to develop an effective team member for a project. We require a human resou...
... middle of paper ...
4. Project Cost Management
4.1. Cost estimate
The budget of the project was $500,000. Initial estimates suggest that about $300,000 budgeted for this project will go to internal staffing and the rest to outside sources. The project has both contingency reserves and management reserves that amounts $100,000.We assume that burdened labor rate of $100/hour for the project manager and $90/hour for Teresa, James and Le and $ 80 for Matt. We also assume that the cost of the outsourced labor is $200/hour. There is a big program meeting in England next month and that cost is about $6000 per trip. This travel cost will not include in the in internal labor. As, the project has both contingency and management reserves, Veronica project sponsor will arrange the travel cost from the reserved money. Finally the cost estimate of our project is $94,540.00 which is under budget.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The grid computing concept has been widely used in scientific research, oil and gas fields, banking and education a few years ago. In this work, we adopt the idea of grid computing but bring it to mobile and ubiquitous devices instead of traditional computers. Therefore, we propose a new concept: Mist Computing. Mist computing complements cloud computing where computing is performed far away, in the 'cloud'. Similar research conducted by Chu  extends an implementation of grid computing to mobile and ubiquitous devices and addresses some limitation problems mobile and ubiquitous devices introduce, such as limited resource and limited battery life.... [tags: Mist Computing, Cloud Computing]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Delivering computer solutions has changed radically over the past thirty years from centralised mainframe computing to distributed client-server solutions. The consumption of Information Technology and Services (IT&S) has been accelerated by advances in network performance and facilities, consumerisation, and most notably through the adoption of Internet services. Business applications have also gone through a similar change from bespoke in-house mainframe systems to packaged products, and more recently, to distributed application frameworks (as seen on the iPhone).... [tags: Project, System Development]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- Intel Cloud Technology Program Contents 1. Executive Summary…………………………………... 3 2. Introduction…………………………………………... 4 3. Overview of the program……………………………... a. Benefits…………………………………………….. 5 5 4. Competitors…………………………………………... 7 5. Conclusion……………………………......................... 7 6. References…………………………….......................... 8 Executive Summary A heterogeneous cloud infrastructure environment results in 40 to 60 percent performance variation. Therefore, cloud users are looking for more insight into the performance, capabilities and cost savings offered by cloud service providers so that they can get the right size and type of performance as per their parti... [tags: customer, cloud users, cloud finder]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Google is an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products, including search, software, cloud computing and online advertising technologies. It considers the biggest search engine on the Web. Because of the popularity in technological world, Google proves the strength of the company. Google has been integrated into our culture that can be illustrated by the use of the verb “google”. Google term was approved and became official in 2006. Literary, the verb “google” means to retrieve information (Chen, Chug, Lui & Jun, 2007) as a result, the term have become sufficiently common in our normal conversations “Just google it” (Noon, 2006) Despite of its t... [tags: cloud computing, online advertisement]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction To be competitive in business it requires a high level of adaptability among business offerings as well as an underlying agile IT infrastructure. Quick paced business requirements challenge the capabilities of their corresponding IT departments to deliver innovative solutions quickly and cheaply. Over the years, cloud computing has become and innovating solution for companies to use to keep pace with managing business needs and the corresponding IT requirements. One specific realm in cloud computing called Software as a Service (SaaS) is the notion where third party companies (such as SalesForce.com, Taleo, and NetSuite) provide powerful applications to meet business needs via t... [tags: Information Technology]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- This paper is intended for the purpose of providing the CIO with the information needed to make a decision whether or not to implement cloud services into our network infrastructure. Information is provided on the types of cloud services available, the vulnerabilities, strengths and weaknesses, email and storage providers, and the recommendation of the research team. Introduction The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) initiated an electronic communication project which led to one of the most advanced computer infrastructures of its time.... [tags: Cybersecurity, Risk Assessment]
3384 words (9.7 pages)
- Important emails are inadvertently being dropped by companies which would cause a loss worth of billion dollars, cautions the studies. Also, significant websites are being unnoticed by prominent search engines which rely on keyword density. Bountiful of techniques for text mining are based on a statistical model which emphasize on the frequency of the terms in the text. However, two terms in a sentence having the same frequency doesn't necessarily contribute equally to the meaning of the sentence.... [tags: statement of purpose, M.Sc. in Computer Science]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- ... My first project, where I was part of a large maintenance program for Intel (client), required me to support several middleware services implemented in technologies like SAP-XI, TIBCO, Web methods 8.2, and BizTalk. My responsibilities included monitoring applications, gateways and servers, managing tickets, bug fixing and roll out to productions. Direct interactions with the client taught me how to organize, automate, and synchronize the support services and finally, how to build customer loyalty.... [tags: cloud computing]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- There are 3 potential applications that are evaluated: 1. Gateway for data / Data Integration. This technology provides data integration functionality for user that wants to integrate their data (structured or unstructured) into standardized data. It is projected that by 2018 the market for data integration will be $3.6 Billion (Informatica.com, 2014). 2. In-Memory Analytics in Cloud. Market size for In-Memory computing is projected to grow from $2.21 billion in 2013 to $13.23 billion in 2018 (ltd, 2014).... [tags: Cloud computing, Marketing, Project management]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- While employed with Army Materiel Command I served in a variety of roles one of which was the senior technical advisor for architecture and technology (ostensibly the CTO for the CIO). Army Materiel Command (AMC), a 53 Billion dollar year logistics command that serves as the army version of amazon for the army’s current inventory of weapons, supplies and vehicles. AMC, at this time, had over a 100 thousand-person workforce spread across 140 locations worldwide. While employed in the role I was able to use my knowledge of evolving trends and through some innovative approaches and design was able to drive AMC to standardize on a approach that would lead to future concepts for big data, cloud a... [tags: Cloud computing, Data management]
732 words (2.1 pages)