Research methodology and techniques is a way to conduct research, to explain and justify what the research methods and techniques will follow to get research findings. Inaugurating the best suitable methods and techniques will develop a sound research. Selecting suitable methods and techniques is not an easy task. This research will plan as an outline for data collection and analysis to address research questions and objectives. 2nd reference
This research proposal will use the ‘research onion’ (Saunders et al, 2012), in order to clearly plan research methodology and design it provides a framework design for the research process. By understanding and analyzing the research onions of various layers and identify the appropriate philosophy, approach, and strategy to adopt, and match with the research title and objectives. This study will follow a qualitative interpretive paradigm (Santos, V., Goldman, A., & Souza, C. R. B. 2012) used this kind of qualitative analysis for inter team knowledge sharing for agile software development. "The key idea behind qualitative research is to learn about the problem or issue from participants and engage in the best practices to obtain that information" (Creswell, 2007). The study will use different qualitative data collection techniques and interpret the results by using interpretivism philosophy. In the interpretivism philosophy the research will conduct by reducing bias and therefore enabling the advent of thoughts, viewpoints, and sentiments (Henning 2004). According to (Saunders et al, 2012) there are two widely used research approaches The first research approach is deductive approach and its ground is considering general premises and reached to specific c...
... middle of paper ...
...ying mainly semi-structured in-depth interview with relevant stakeholders. During the interview, notes will be taken and informants will also be tape-recorded when permissions obtained and immediately transcribed using the informants’ own words. This interview approach will involve different software companies, students who are working their internship in the software development companies and working their final year graduate projects. This multiplicity of participants is important to find all-inclusive appreciation of the totality of their experiences. Observation will also be used to collect the data about how the scrum team share knowledge with the graduate students and how students seek knowledge from the scrum teams. In addition to this the research will observe how students use the knowledge that seeks from the scrum team for their final year graduate papers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Data Collection and Analysis Questionnaire The research carried on both quantitative approach and qualitative approach. It began with quantitative approach—questionnaire. Bryman and Bell (2003) asserted that mail or postal questionnaires are most popular forms of questionnaires. Another form—self-completion questionnaire was also common because of the overlap with postal questionnaire to some extent. The questionnaire was self-completion questionnaire which sometimes is named self-administered questionnaire.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Methods of Data Collection Data was collected in various ways throughout this study. Smith (2012) included conversational and semi-structured interviews of coaches, principals, and teachers, observational field notes, and coach-written reflections to collect data. Over a five month period, Smith observed the coaches at least three one-week periods. Follow-up interviews with coach participants were conducted to gain additional data. Bases on the initial data, questions were designed to explore previous themes and gain additional information on the coaches’ perspectives.... [tags: Data analysis, Qualitative research, Coaching]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Part A: Data Collection, Presentation And Analysis Survey Results Many human features are controlled by a single pair of alleles, one dominant and one recessive, that are inherited in simple Mendelian fashion. To examine this further, a survey was done on two of basic human features. The two phenotypes chosen for the survey were hand clasping (left over right being dominant) and tongue rolling (where the ability to do so is dominant). Fifty people from a variety of demographics were surveyed. The table below shows the results of the survey.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1066 words (3 pages)
- In the previous chapters I discussed the problem of the lack of healthy eating promotion programs in schools are leaving parents and students uneducated about how to purchase healthy items which is leading to childhood obesity. I also discussed how the problem is being addressed, as well as the theory of social constructionism. In this chapter, I will discuss the specific methodology I plan to use and the three different types of data collection I plan to employ to carry out my study. This study will use a qualitative approach to study and address the issue of the lack of healthy eating promotion in schools.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- It has been stated that “once you are clear about your research topic, you will be able to choose the most appropriate research strategy and data collection and analysis techniques” (Sanders et al, 2009: 20-21). This applies to the proposed research, as it is the “the logical sequence that connects the empirical data to a study’s initial research questions and, ultimately, to its conclusions” (Yin, 2009). A comprehensive research design includes strategies, choices and takes into account the time horizons.... [tags: data collection and analysis techniques]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- In order to provide the Australia Park Victoria with the appropriate data to solve its current crisis, the most appropriate method of data collection for this research is the qualitative method. According to Gay and Airasian (p 627) qualitative method is the collection of extensive data on various variables over a long time in a natural setting with an aim of acquiring insights not possible using other methods. It involves three different kinds of information collection: direct observation, in depth and open-ended interviews and written documents.... [tags: Research Methods]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Data Collection, Processing, and Analysis Data collection for qualitative study would start with the Institutional Review Board of Northcentral University for approval. Questionnaires are sent to participants through emails. It is noteworthy that the questionnaire is beneficial the researcher since it has the primary objective of the research (Fink & Kosecoff, 1998). This means that it assesses the ability of a researcher to perform the necessary qualitative in a research. The interview would be conducted by obtaining permission from the community heads.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
Using Mixed Method Approach For Data Collection And Analysis For Optimize Sample Size While Providing Enriching Data
- Research Methodology Study Design The research will use mixed method approach in data collection and analysis to optimize sample size while providing enriching data. Furthermore, as there is little research on this subject area in Canada, using a qualitative strategy will allow for the discovery of unexpected issues and an in - depth exploration of perceptions in respect to diabetic retinopathy awareness and eye health seeking behavior. Study population, recruitment and participant selection The study will include 150 Aboriginal women between 20-35 years of age.... [tags: Scientific method, Quantitative research]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Data is collection is simply how information is gathered. A data collection is the process of collecting raw material and information on variables of interest. Data collection is an important aspect of any types of research study. Inaccurate data collection can impact the result of a study and ultimately lead to invalid results. The main purpose of data collection is to collect quality of information about a particular topic and translate the collection rich data analysis and allow the building of a convincing and credible answer to question that have been posed.... [tags: Data Collection Essays]
2536 words (7.2 pages)
Evaluating The Statistical And Objective Measurements, Analysis Of Data Collection Through Questionnaires And Surveys
- In this research thesis will follow with quantitative method which emphasize the statistical and objective measurements, analysis of data collection through questionnaires and surveys that will gathering numerical data or to explain a particular phenomenon. This qualitative method will explain and describes the data expressively and comprehensive. It will also highlight on each words and content more than quantifications. All of the research data were based on comprising interviews with workers and management authorities and data collect by workplace surveys with employees and secondary sources came from the Ministry of Labor, Myanmar Garment Manufacturing Association (MGMA), Action Labor Ri... [tags: Qualitative research, Quantitative research]
1220 words (3.5 pages)