This chapter aims to explain the research methodology carried out throughout the research study. Firstly the selected research design is defined and described. This is followed by an explanation of the research approach and subject paradigm chosen for the research. Subsequently, this chapter focuses on describing the secondary data methodology used in the literature review of the research. Later, the information regarding to the primary data methodology is given. This section explicates the reasons behind the selection of a quantitative approach as well as the instrument employed to collect the data. In addition the questions included in the questionnaire are explained and pre-tested. Lastly the sampling method is also described in conjunction with the data analysis process and the ethical standards of the research study.
4.1 Type of research design
A research design according to Churchill and Iacobucci (2005) can be defined as
“The framework or plan for a study, used as a guide to collect and analyze data. It is the blueprint that is followed to complete a study”.
In other words a Research Design represents the skeleton of a dissertation project allowing the researcher to create the appropriate conditions for the analysis and collection of data. McGivern (2009) adds that by developing and selecting an accurate research design the chance of completing a high quality research increases and provides the necessary “evidence” to answer the research problem in a successful way.
In line with the objectives set, this research will favour a combination of descriptive design and exploratory design. The descriptive design can be defined as “a type of conclusive research that has its...
... middle of paper ...
...using a Likert scale it will be possible to establish the different levels of influence that CSR has over the purchase intention of a number students. Furthermore, this scale will allow creating comparisons between respondent’s answers and opinions.
The questionnaire for this research study was divided into four sections with different objectives in terms of the information to be collected. The first section refers to the demographic data of the respondent. It was integrated by four questions with the aim to obtain an insight of participant’s main characteristics. These set of questions will provide the necessary information to establish differences or similarities between genders, age groups or social groups. Moreover, the demographic section will help to determine the level of influence that CSR has over different segments of the student population.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction This chapter aims to explain the research methodology carried out throughout the research study. Firstly the selected research design is defined and described. This is followed by an explanation of the research approach and subject paradigm chosen for the research. Subsequently, this chapter focuses on describing the secondary data methodology used in the literature review of the research. Later, the information regarding to the primary data methodology is given. This section explicates the reasons behind the selection of a quantitative approach as well as the instrument employed to collect the data.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2173 words (6.2 pages)
- The study design and methods chosen to take the same degree, both in real life or experimental research. To learn more, the analysis of the data collection process took place before the start of the process. The size of the choice of design research in line with the research approach to take, be it real life or experimental research. If the experimental research, the design research can be established. This research is about and how it will be done before the standards of a large amount of thought necessary.... [tags: Research Analysis]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- 3. Methodology: 3.1 Introduction: The study for this thesis will be exploratory research using secondary data collected by the communication agency, MESH Planning. The agency developed an innovative approach called ‘real-time experience tracking’, which involves three stages of data collection. And both qualitative and quantitative data will be collected and used in this context in order to get an insight of critical incidents. This section will start with a comparison of three possible methodologies for data collection: ethnography, survey (or interview) and real time experience tracking.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2481 words (7.1 pages)
- Research Methodology Report My themed research project will centre its focus upon the link between Riot Grrrl and its relation to Third-Wave Feminism. Primarily I aim to analyse Riot Grrrl’s music scene, but also its subculture mentioning its DIY punk ethic, political activism and most importantly its influential Zine network. However the purpose of this report is to demonstrate a grounded understanding in three research methodologies and how I will apply each one in regards to my own project. Firstly I’ll investigate the advantages of an Instrumental Case Study, looking at how it proliferates, rather than narrows a given field of study.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- In chapters 1 and 2, I discussed the problem of successfully implementing computer technology for literacy instruction in the classroom, the need to study the importance of making technology an integral part of literacy education, and the theoretical frameworks of new literacies and constructivism. In this chapter, I will detail the research methodology and forms of data collection I have chosen to use to determine how this study can provide new research for the integration of computers in the classroom as it applies to current and future literacy instructional models.... [tags: Education]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- The Delphi technique is a tool that is used in many areas of study. According to (Nworie, 2011) the Delphi Technique is a research methodology which is used to extract, collect, and determine the opinions of a panel of experts from a given field. This tool is used to seek consensus from the experts and then be able to make predictions or decisions based on the experts’ opinions of the panelists involved in the study. This research methodology is considered to be of importance as it is based on the premise that the collective opinions of efforts panelists are of richer quality than the limited view of an individual.... [tags: experts, panelists, strongest arguments]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Research methodology on Natural Language Processing: The main aim of this project is to research on the integration of “Natural Language Processing “ and information systems engineering to enhance query retrieval in natural language processing. Defining a research methodology: The definition of research methodology includes two parts: - Research definition - Methodology Research: It is defined as a thorough and organized query or investigation on a particular theme to revise or determine the facts, theories, applications and so on.... [tags: Language]
2180 words (6.2 pages)
- In our study of corporate governance and its impact on the overall economic and business environment, we have considered the example of Japanese Corporate governance and have compared it with other systems. We will study the comparative performances of the companies working in the Japanese system of corporate governance and the organizations working in other systems of corporate governance, primarily that of the United States. We have discussed the concept of corporate governance as well as management practices in detail and have tried to identify the difficulties and the barriers the company’s usually face while following a specific system of corporate governance.... [tags: japan, corporate governance, business]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- 3.4 Methods of Accessing Data Since in the past, some researchers already examined the relationship between service quality, customer satisfaction and customer re-purchase intention. There are some secondary data already exist. But the secondary data is not enough and some of information is out of date, and also it is not all suit for the conceptual model of this project. The aim of research is examining the relationship between service quality, customer satisfaction and customer re-purchase intention in a new market.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2701 words (7.7 pages)
- Methodology of Research The method that I will be using to research my area of sociology will be a structured questionnaire, it will be structured so that the candidates stick to the questions that they are asked and do not write about irrelevant matters. I will first of all produce a pilot questionnaire and send it round to a test group of people, and hopefully see whether or not I am able to obtain the relevant information that I need for my research with the questions that I have asked my targeted group of people.... [tags: Papers]
600 words (1.7 pages)