3 Research Methodology:
3.1 Research philosophy:
The philosophy of research can be divided into two broad methods of reasoning; deductive and inductive researches. These two methods of reasoning are different in a way to conduct research. Inductive reasoning is more open-ended and used to understand of new or unknown phenomena. The theory usually follows data and the finding is difficult to replicate. In contrast, deductive reasoning is narrower in nature and is concerned with testing or confirming hypotheses. This study employs deductive research. It begins by examining theories related to leadership and e-commerce. The hypothesis is developed by the assumption that the level of e-commerce adoption depends on the characteristic of leader in the organization. The study also applies quantitative research, which data will be collected through questionnaire.
3.2 Data collection Method:
There are two types of data available when conducting a research: primary and secondary data. Primary data is the data that researchers collect by themselves. The main advantage is that the data are directly collected toward the purposes of the research at hand. However, the disadvantage is that it will take a long time to collect the data. It also costs a lot and probably difficult to access the right respondents.
This study employs survey technique as a tool to conduct a quantitative study. In developing questionnaire I got help from my supervisor and literature review especially Kittipong (2005) and Donald Clark (2010). Self-administered questionnaire was developed and sent to selected sample via email and by hand with respect to approach and convenience. The questionnaire was divided into thre...
... middle of paper ...
...rce services would dramatically increase in the near future.
According to my limited knowledge there is no other study conducted on this topic in Pakistan. It means there is room for it and it requires more research.
Due to limited time I couldn’t have the appropriate sample. So this study can be conducted with big sample to get representation of whole Pakistani organizations.
This study can be done in different perceptive.
1. By changing the data collection instrument Leadership questionnaire. There are other instruments available to measure leadership style.
2. This study measure attitude about advantages of e-commerce, disadvantages can be included.
3. Leadership style is not only factor to adopt e-commerce .Others factors can be included in the model like education, revenue, market share, size of the company and customers’ perception.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CHAPTER 1 : INTRODUCTION This chapter will discuss mainly about the research background, the problem statement, the purpose of the study, research objectives and also its questions as well. Other than that, the significance of this research will be discussed as well along with this research limitation and scope. This study will be based on Fairclough framework of dimensions of discourse and discourse analysis. So, this research will focus on discourse analysis which involving the scope of sport news headlines analysis.... [tags: research, methodology, social]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
The Research Design Is A Framework Or Guide Used For The Planning, Implementation And Analysis Of A Study
- The Research Design A research design is a framework or guide used for the planning, implementation and analysis of a study (Polit & Beck, 2012). It is the plan used to help answer the hypothesis. Using a quantitative research design most often reflects a deterministic philosophy that is rooted in the post-positivist paradigm. The approach is deductive where most ideas or concepts are reduced to variables and the relationship between or among them are tested (Polit & Beck, 2012). Identifying a research design is important to the researcher who wants to learn more about the study of interest.... [tags: Scientific method, Research, Experiment]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- Research on quality incorporates a range of concerns, including quality definition and management, and such specific mechanisms as statistical quality control (SQC). However, though research in statistical quality control has evolved in a scientific and rigorous fashion, based on the early works of Shewhart, Juran, Deming and others, the study of other aspects of quality, particularly quality management, has not evolved in a similarly rigorous fashion. Theory development and measurement issues related to reliability and validity are particularly weak in the quality management literature.... [tags: Business Management]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- The theoretical framework section of the action research project presents the theories and ideologies that clarified what barriers exist that prevent students and faculty from utilizing the literacy support service through participation or referrals. The texts examined motivation and self-efficacy for students in regards to completing assignments or requesting literacy supports. It also explored the attitudes of professors in regards to student and faculty responsibilities in the learning environment.... [tags: Motivation, Educational psychology, University]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Using PICO framework In Evidence Based Practice And Research Evidence-based practice (EBP) and research are quintessential guides that professional nurses use in the quest to deliver the best care and achieve optimal outcomes. The aim of EBP is to aid practitioners to structure care of patients with the best and most current evidence. The first step and basis of EBP is to determine there is a gap in the knowledge base to be able to ask an answerable question by forming a focused clinical question.... [tags: Patient, Nursing, Health care]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
Appraisal of the Hallas, Banner and Wray's Study of the Psychological Experience of Patients during and after Mechanical Cardiac Support
- ... 2) What are the differences in psychological processes relative to the adjustment of both transplant and explant patients. These research questions set a specific path for the reader to follow. It gave two specific things that possibly will be answered at the end of reading the article. Conceptual Framework The conceptual framework and concepts were clearly explained. The researcher clearly stated the investigation of two research questions by analyses using a grounded theory framework. The process began with open coding, a process of “fracturing” the data into concepts that can be labeled and sorted while the analyst remains “open” or unrestricted by predetermined theory (Hallas et al.... [tags: research, purpose, conceptual framework ]
1806 words (5.2 pages)
- Who is Dr. James Spillane. Ravitch & Riggan (2012) suggests that author James Spillane has been an innovative leader in the research of educational policy. According to the Northwestern University School of Education and Social Policy website (2016), Dr. Spillane is the Spencer T. and Ann W. Olin Professor in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern and has published significant research on issues of “education policy, policy implementation, school reform, and school leadership” (p.1).... [tags: Research, Scientific method, Conceptual framework]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Desjardins (2010) states a theoretical framework is a logically structured representation of the concepts, variables, and relationships involved in a specific study with the purpose of clearly identifying what will be explored, examined, measured or described. The theoretical framework introduces and describes the theory that clarifies the reason for the research problem. The information found in the theoretical framework expresses to the reader why the research problem was chosen, provides a clear hypothesis and gives a description of the theory.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- Abstract Dimension reduction algorithms have widely applied in practice, but the learned bases are inconsistent with the psychological intuition of combining parts to form a whole, and thus they cannot perform robustly on noised data. Although non-negative matrix factorization (NMF) and its variants can yield parts-based representation, different algorithms are developed based on different intuitions to target specific applications. In this paper, we present a non-negative patch alignment framework (NPAF) to unify these NMF based dimension reduction algorithms.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2639 words (7.5 pages)
- In recent years businesses in the United States are becoming more diverse places in which to work. Workforce diversity with respect to race, gender, and ethnicity has increased as result of socio-cultural changes, and is to some extent protected by law. While demographic diversity in American businesses has become more apparent, a range of individual differences in the values, attitudes, beliefs, and personalities of their employees is assumed to have existed for some time. However Benjamin Schneider, a psychology professor at the University of Maryland, argues that the range of individual differences in the above mentioned psychological variables becomes less common within businesses over... [tags: essays research papers]
544 words (1.6 pages)