Renewable energy is energy that comes from a natural source of activity on Earth that is not depleted when used. There are a few sources of renewable energy sources that humans have put into use since the twentieth century; solar energy, hydroelectric energy also known as hydropower, and wind energy. According to National Geographic, “Solar energy is the technology used to harness the sun 's energy and make it useable” (Solar Energy 5). Today from all of the energy humans use about one-tenth of the energy comes from solar power. “Wind is the movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure” (National Geographic “Wind Power” 5). Wind power is produced by large wind turbines that slowly rotate by the wind blowing upon them. One wind turbine had the potential to power about 600 homes. Another form of important energy that is renewable is hydropower which is “ electricity generated using the energy of moving water” as stated by National Geographic (“Hydropower “ 5). About one-fifth of the total energy Humans use comes from hydropower. Altogether these forms of renewable energy supplies about 60 percent of the world 's power.
Solar power has made a huge impact on the world by supplying energy that is environment friendly and harmless to nature. Solar energy comes from the sun, therefore the main raw material in solar energy is free. Also, the sun is known to be harm free to humans and animals because their is no destruction needed for the sun to shine. Wind power has also made an incredible impact on Earth. Wind power supplies energy to the world that is also environment because there is no form of pollution involved with the wind. The main raw material of wind energy is free which is wind, and the wind c...
... middle of paper ...
...5) The water is run through a turbine that spins and when the turbine spins it conducts electricity. Wind power is power that come from the flow of wind that is “caused by the sun unevenly heating the Earth”( “Wind Power” 5).
Most of the world’s current energy supply comes from the use of renewable energy sources. About 60 percent of the world’s energy comes from Solar, WInd, and Hydroelectric energy. Renewable energy sources also supplies jobs to many people around the world. Renewable energy sources also reduces harmful materials released into the atmosphere, making it and environmental friendly energy source. Renewable energy sources has made an impact the world forever by supplying energy to humans cheaper, healthier, and environmental friendly. Renewable energy sources will continue to improve and change the face of the planet for more centuries to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- World is moving fast towards rapid use of renewable energy source that will generate scarcity one day. On the other hand, solar energy is considered to be highly dependent renewable energy source which is not yet tapped very effectively. Solar energy can be utilized in multiple ways through either creating thermal energy or converting it into electrical energy. The solar power growth has witnessed significant presence since 2007 while moved from 3.1 (gigawatts PV manufacturing) in 2007 to 50 (gigawatts PV manufacturing) in 2014 (Chu, 2011).... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Solar power]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Solar energy is a fast growing energy resource among the renewable energy resources in the market and potential for solar power is huge to contribute towards the power demand almost in all the countries. The solar irradiation and temperature are mainly depends on the output power produced from the PV conversion process. Hence the maximum power point of PV array is tracked to maximize the efficiency of Photovoltaic system. Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control system in general is taking care of extraction of maximum power from the sun light.... [tags: solar power, fossil fuels]
1951 words (5.6 pages)
- As fossil fuel resources shrink, air pollution and concerns about climate instability worsen and cast a shadow over future dependence on coal, oil and natural gas. A new world economy driven by renewable energies such as solar and wind energy are beginning to replace the old, unsustainable economic model driven by coal and oil consumption. Types of renewable energies such as solar and wind are becoming more economically viable, and undercutting fossil fuels in a growing number of electricity markets.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Natural gas, Wind power]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Solar power is one of the most renewable sources of electricity in the world. The sun shines almost every day, therefore providing photons to power the solar panels for as long as the sun still shines. It can lower your electric bills to a miniscule amount and it’s very friendly towards the environment. Did you know that scientists at the German Fraunhofer Institute broke the world record for the most efficient solar cell. Their design uses a new cell structure containing four solar sub cells to become 44.7% efficient.... [tags: energy, photons, electricity]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- As I progressed through this assignment, I realized that I did not use any renewable sources of energy such as wind or solar. Most of my energy was sourced from the use of fossil fuels, with the primary source for heating my home being natural gas and as I researched further, I found that my electricity source was provided by the Martin Drake Power Plant located in Colorado Springs. This is a 254 megawatt coal-fired power plant and provides 1/3 of the electricity to Colorado Springs (Colorado Springs Utilities, 2016).... [tags: Fossil fuel, Wind power, Renewable energy]
716 words (2 pages)
- Renewable energy sources have been found to cost more than the benefits that are received from the energy sources. There are many different resources that you can use including water, wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass. These energy sources can differ in cost depending on capital, fuel, and operations and maintenance. Some of these sources are not cheap to build but once they are up and running, they have no fuel cost. There are many reasons to determine when, where, or how an energy source is used.... [tags: Wind power, Renewable energy, Solar energy]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Renewable energy is energy that can be used over and over again. It never runs out. It is also better for the environment. I think that renewable energy is definitely an option for South Africa in the near future. There are many different forms of renewable energy and I’ll talk about the forms of renewable energy which would be most suited in South Africa. Solar Power would probably be the most successful form of renewable energy in South Africa. The reason why I say this is because South Africa is a country that has a reputation for sunny weather.... [tags: south africa, environment]
1041 words (3 pages)
- The Renewable Energy That’s Not Talked about We hear talk about renewable energy all the time, and how, what options are when it comes to renewable energy. There is one kind of energy that is rarely never talks about. That is Geothermal Energy. Geothermal Energy makes up less than 1% of energy used in America. Why is that when renewable energy is the fad, most people are saying how they want to switch over to renewable energy, but never mention one that is so useful and easy to obtain. The reason I believe why it’s not mention as much as solar or wind power is that most people don’t know what it is or how it can even be consider a renewable energy.... [tags: Wind power, Alternative energy, Energy, Peak oil]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- This research paper gives the information about Switzerland’s solar energy demand by using background information about the renewable energy usage. By estimating the data from regression, paper provides Swiss renewable energy production from hydro power and solar, policy for renewables, price of solar thermal energy and income per capita for Switzerland. II. Introduction Energy is one of the most important thing in our lives especially for heating and cooling homes, driving cars, making phone calls and so on.... [tags: Solar energy, Photovoltaics, Renewable energy]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- Solar Energy There is a bright future for solar power (no pun intended). On the average sunny day the sun shines approximately 1,000 watts of energy per square meter, enough energy to power all of our electricity needs and excess(“How”). This plethora of power and will be utilized in the future because we can't afford not to. It is predicted that in 100-500 years our fossil fuels will be depleted: this means that alternative sources of energy will be a necessity (Exxon). We consider solar power a renewable resource because it is conitinuosly supplied to us by the sun.... [tags: Renewable Energy, Solar Power, Environment]
610 words (1.7 pages)