• Strive to build rapport with others
• Focuses on group harmony
• Uses empathy to relate to others
• Puts interaction with others above deadlines
• Assigns group activities for team building
Effective leaders use a variety of relationship-oriented behaviors and attitudes. Leaders must instill values and vision to their followers. Leaders who believe in the mission of the organization will also use efficient values that resonate with members. These values will lead others to act in the same manner of the overall company mission, vision, and values statements. For this reason, relationship-oriented leaders will put all components in writing. Leaders must align people from all departments and all work positions for the best effect. Focusing on “pulling people together” can be a difficult option but one that will lead to the efficient alignment of all employees/followers. Followers must know and feel comfortable enough to have their opinions (Dubrin, 2013). A relationship-based leader is great at letting others know that they have an open-door policy and mean it. Inspiration from a leader is necessary as creates innovation and productivity. Maslow’s theory suggests that people have sets of needs that must be met to be successful. A relationship-oriented leader focuses a follower’s need “for achievement, personal growth, a sense of belonging, recognition, self-esteem, and a feeling of control over one’s life” (Dubrin, 2013, p. 117). Relationship-oriented leaders give emotional support and encouragement by allowing others to participate in decisions, displays frequent praise for accomplishments and improves morale.
TASK-ORIENTED BEHAVIOR DIFFERENCES
• Focuses on efficiently co...
... middle of paper ...
...rds for the success of the organizational and personal goals. Northouse (2013) suggests that each of these behaviors is directly related to a task or relationship-oriented behaviors and the degree of emotional and cognitive intelligence a person possesses. I recommend the path-goal theory to assist organizations departments, and employees need to be met and thus, allowing for overall leadership success both nationally and globally.
No matter what types of behaviors or intelligence you possess, a leader must always consider their audience first. There are twelve habits that leader should focus on developing in order to be successful. They include:
• Always refer back to Courage
• Sense of purpose
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Object Oriented Analysis Student Id: 700623304 Name: Nitin Kumar Reddy, Chinthaparthi Muduganti Summary: Different technologies and tools are used to develop the software or a product. Among which Object Orientation is considered to be very powerful and useful concept in software engineering. The reason behind increasing usage of object orientation is, it is very easy in terms of understanding. Many firms are looking to use this concept in building their software. Software associates involved with OOA are likely to construct the model based on the user requirements and the design which addresses the problem.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Computer programming is the process of creating a set of instructions for the computer to follow in order to output the desired results (“What is programming”, n.d.). It is typically used to solve a problem of some type, such as how to allow customers to make purchases online. Two different methods of programming are structured and object-oriented programming. Each method has unique characteristics that make them more useful in solving certain types of problems. Structured programming, for instance, allows programmers to solve a smaller problem more quickly than object-oriented programming might allow, while object-oriented programming allows programmers to reuse their code for multiple prog... [tags: Programming language, Object-oriented programming]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- This research paper was written by Natalia Juristo and Ana Maria Moreno who are from Universidad Politecnia de Madrid , Spain and Other author is Marta Lopez who is from Universidad de Coruna,Spain. Authors discussed on the Object oriented models importance in software development as well as their advantages. This article also discussed on how to overcome the limitation of Object Orientation. The main aim of this article is to explaining step by step process to develop object oriented model from given user specifications.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1749 words (5 pages)
- ASSIGNMENT -6 Designing Reusable classes Summary: This article was written by Ralph E.Johnson and Brian Foote which was discussed about the Designing of reusable classes and its importance in Object-Oriented programming languages and how can we make object oriented programming as reusable programming language. The initial part of the article discussed about the object oriented language attributes such as abstract classes, polymorphism and inheritance. This article will help us in understanding the importance of reusability concept in object oriented programming.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- Identify at least two (2) advantages to using OOP as compared to using only PP. Object orientated programming or OOP is a form of programming in which developers describe not just the type of data of a data arrangement, but the kinds of functions or operations as well that can be utilized to the exacting data arrangement within the construction. Procedural programming is a programming style where operations are written in order and called in other parts of the plan, in that a modification in programming to one operation affects any code that is called by that operation.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- First, there are many advantages as well as disadvantages in the relationship- oriented leader and the task-oriented leader. Both types of leaders can be effective with the right teams of people and the right atmosphere. All businesses are looking for that right person to be productive, self-motivated, and driven to get the job completed. There will never be two people who do the job the same way. However, the better you are at getting the job completed in a timely matter the better off you will be in your standings at your place of employment.... [tags: Employment, Leadership]
700 words (2 pages)
- Before taking the survey, I was fully confident I am more relationship oriented than I am task oriented. Reflecting back on the previous assignments completed for this course, I believe it is easy to determine that I am more people orientated. Further, I expressed my belief that success and accomplishment it’s easier to achieve as a team that is oriented with the same goal or outcome. However, when it comes to business, the overall result or mission accomplishment will always be the priority. In the big picture, it does not matter whether a leader is task oriented or relationship oriented as long as the task given is accomplished successfully.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
707 words (2 pages)
- Relationship plays vital role in our life. As we grow up, we have passed many relationships with every person that we meet in our life. Relationship can motivate someone or make someone feel worse when the relationship does not work. In relationship, everyone needs to give their commitments or the relationship will fall to the ground. Everyone has their own story behind relationship term. I have my own story and I will explain it in terms of the 10 relationship stages in this essay. My story is about my first love with this one beautiful girl.... [tags: High school, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
1050 words (3 pages)
- DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIPS IN LIFE. In life, people are connected with one another. They could be family, friends, and lovers. There is always a different connection among people that’s why the world is how it is today. Most of the Relationships such as friendship, family, lover’s neighbors value a lot in my life because they are the people that support me. The following are the ways in which relationships mean to me. The friendly relationship is the one related with your friend. My friend makes me laugh a lot because she has a funny look, she is the one that takes my side when I am in a fight, she is the one that I can’t study with because both of us cant stop chatting or even stop gossiping a... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Love, Friendship]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Neurobiology of Harmony How sound waves produced by instruments become sensible representations in the brain, and how the perceptions become meaningful are interesting questions for neurobiology to ask, as well as necessary ones if knowledge of the brain is to account for all behavior. The brain is able to discern harmony because the inner ear is capable of differentiating between different frequencies. The brain's differentiation between pitches and chords corresponds to the physical, "real," differences between notes and chords, although our sense of music built from perception of harmonies through time, is more subjective and variable.... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
1688 words (4.8 pages)