Human Development Index is abbreviated to HDI. According to "Human Development Reports", "The HDI was created to emphasize that people and their capabilities should be the ultimate criteria for assessing the development of a country, not economic growth alone." Besides, HDI is a powerful weapon for stimulating government policies. HDI consists of three parts: a long and healthy life, being knowledge and have a decent standard of living. However, some questions of inequalities, poverty, human security, etc, are not be considered in the HDI. Nest, Canada, USA, China, Korea (Republic of) and the UK will be compared with each other, and obtain some useful information.
First, I want to compare five countries ' Human Development Index trends from 1980 to 2013. According to "United Nations Development Program", "Statistical table is from the 2014 Human Development Report". The USA was located at the first rank of these five countries. Moreover, from the beginning of 0.825 in 1980 to 0.914 in 2013, its value has an upward trend in these 34 years. Canada had the second HDI rank in these five countries; it was a little behind the USA. Canada was also rising in these 34 years; the value was 0.809 in 1980 to 0.902 in 2013. The gap between Canada and the USA reduced gradually. This is a good phenomenon. It means three aspects of Canada HDI develop quickly. The third rank of these five countries was the UK. In general, the HDI of UK was an increasing trend; however, during the 2010-2012, its value was declining. Korea (Republic of) was situated at the fourth rank of these five countries. It had a rapid development. In 1980, the value just was 0.628; it was much lower than another five countries. Ho...
... middle of paper ...
...o Hu (2015), " Huawei has applied for 49,040 patents globally and have been granted 17,765 to date. In addition to our own innovations, we buy access to other patent holders ' technologies through cross-licenses." Besides, Forbes (2015) stated that Huawei technologies were one of six telecommunications industry companies included in the World 's Most Respected 200 Companies list compiled by Forbes magazine in May 2007. These all let Huawei become an acquire in this industry.
I think the most significant is the political-legal environment. This is a power of creation and development for businesses. Country 's active supports are an important key for business. If some policies that prevent the business from running were issued by governments, this business would meet a big problem. However, other environments are also an integral part of the business.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The Human Development Index (HDI) was designed “as a frame of reference for both social and economic development” . With this index, as well as other cumulative indexes, there is a problem as to how well the index actually measures what it wants to measure; whether the data is accurately portraying the true reality of half of the population, or if it is only projecting the general consensus of a population skewed because the range of data is too big. An index that might more accurately portray half of the population of a country is the Gender Inequality Index (GII).... [tags: HDI vs GII]
4528 words (12.9 pages)
- The HDI (Human Development Indicator) was defined by the United Nations to describe the level of development in its member states. Each state has a specific HDI depending on certain aspects in that state such as education, literacy and life expectancy. The total fertility rate of a state is not one of these aspects; however, through statistical analysis, it is believed that “fertility rate is intimately linked with a country’s economic and social development” (Yong). This inverse correlation can lead to further conclusions about gender codes, and how the idea of gender came to be.... [tags: HDI ]
2124 words (6.1 pages)
- Relationship plays vital role in our life. As we grow up, we have passed many relationships with every person that we meet in our life. Relationship can motivate someone or make someone feel worse when the relationship does not work. In relationship, everyone needs to give their commitments or the relationship will fall to the ground. Everyone has their own story behind relationship term. I have my own story and I will explain it in terms of the 10 relationship stages in this essay. My story is about my first love with this one beautiful girl.... [tags: High school, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
1050 words (3 pages)
- DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIPS IN LIFE. In life, people are connected with one another. They could be family, friends, and lovers. There is always a different connection among people that’s why the world is how it is today. Most of the Relationships such as friendship, family, lover’s neighbors value a lot in my life because they are the people that support me. The following are the ways in which relationships mean to me. The friendly relationship is the one related with your friend. My friend makes me laugh a lot because she has a funny look, she is the one that takes my side when I am in a fight, she is the one that I can’t study with because both of us cant stop chatting or even stop gossiping a... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Love, Friendship]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- 1A. Here are five reasons why its important to have a good relationship with your siblings A good relation ship could lead to more conversations about certain topics helping each other overcome obstacles showing affection during hard times it can boost your confidence and just being there so the person doesn't feel lonely 1B. people at school i would have to say are in the Acquaintances part of the group, i don't really care to know them or there name, I'm just there to learn and get stuff done.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Emotion, Government]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- It is evident that the minds of women and men can think differently in certain situations they are put in. This can especially be seen in how couples act with each other in relationships, and how they have different ideas on how things should be done. Communication, for example, is a very important ingredient that is necessary to have a healthy/strong relationship. However, men and women happen to have different opinions on what they feel is appropriate to do when talking to their significant other.... [tags: Writing, Feeling, Relationship, Man, Thought]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- On the rest of the years (2010-2012) the situation is not different from the comparison established between 2005 and 2009. African countries having abysmal gap between them and the European countries. The European level of prevalence does not even reach the one percent while in the African countries, the HIV prevalence is rampant. It is important to note that the correlation calculation for these last three years has just kept increasing: 95% in 2010, 96% in 2011 and 98% for 2012. An utterly strong correlation between HDI and HIV.... [tags: pandemic, namibia africa]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Relationships are complicated, not every relationship will last, and this seems to be the most apparent with romantic relationships, as these types of relationships two partners will often come together and open up to each other and become very close. Every relationship needs effective communication, and this is evident in the film, The Breakup; starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. This film ties in with Interpersonal Communications very well as it portrays its message of poor communication very well.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Determination of HDI The HDI is one of many methods of determining human development, first introduced by the United Nations Program. It does not only focus on a country's economic wealth instead it looks at social, cultural and welfare criteria in a order to determine a country's quality of life. HDI is calculated by using three factors chosen by the UN. These can be seen below: 1. Average life expectancy 2. Adult literacy rate 3. Income (GDP per capita) These three indicators are combined and a rank is calculated from the highest (1.0) to the lowest (0) HDI.... [tags: Papers]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- What is a family business. Within every major economy, a great factor in providing the energy of the core of the nations economy is the small and medium enterprises. These cluster of firms are what provide new economic activity, new innovative products and services, along with growing employment and in general a crucial system in ensuring the economy is at a stable growth level. With a majority of this activity stemming from family controlled or managed businesses, the focus on developing a global and long term perspective for these firms are ever growing in importance because of the global perspective entrepreneurship has started to take.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, International Perspective]
1917 words (5.5 pages)