Essay PreviewMore ↓
Creation versus evolution is a battle of different faiths. Modern evolutionist desire for ever person to think of science as a subject that is void of God. Evolutionist have discovered was to get the general public to ignore that propaganda being produced by humanist and just follow their thoughts and not search for truth. Creationists have the same facts as evolutionist but have a different origin of where everything started.
Creationist believes the biblical account of where life began, so this places God in the middle of science. Evolutionists have a religion, which is known as materialism. As the word itself signifies, Materialism is a philosophical system which regards matter as the only reality in the world, which undertakes to explain every event in the universe as resulting from the conditions and activity of matter, and which thus denies the existence of God and the soul.
How to Cite this Page
"Refuting Evolution 2 by Dr. Jonathan D. Sarfati." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Thousands of years is not enough time to develop these well observed features, nor is it enough time to explain the deposition of sediment. Sediment: A Slow Collection As rainfall and runoff erode geological structures, the material worn away is slowly deposited in riverbeds and bodies of water. This sediment is then transported through river networks either as a dissolved load, suspended load, or potentially bouncing along the riverbed (Lutgens & Tarbuck, 2014). As this sediment is carried toward the oceans, deltas form creating massive formations where rivers and the ocean meet.... [tags: creationism vs evolution]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Jonathan Swift is known as one the greatest satirists in literature. His experience in religion, politics and science allow his works to be considered genius in the world of writing. Swift’s writing laid the foundation for several satirical successors. Swift was born in 1667 in Dublin, Ireland. His father had passed away “right before [he] was born” (Draper 3531). He was left “in the care of relatives” for the first three years of his life, while his mother returned to England to take care of business (Cody).... [tags: Jonathan Swift]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- #1: 1715 I will be going to college in a few months and am not sure what to expect from college with me being so young; however, I know that my family will be supportive and encouraging to me. My father seems especially eager about my upcoming college entry, probably because I am his only son out of eleven children. My father and grandfather are both pastors and I feel that they want me to continue the pastoral tradition in the family (Hammond). I have felt the need today to reflect on my family and childhood years.... [tags: Jonathan Edwards]
1851 words (5.3 pages)
- Jonathan Swift in his essay “A Modest Proposal” uses satire to attack governmental injustices and political abuse. He addresses Irish poverty and contends that the problem can be solved, and the economy saved by eating Irish babies. In the process, he emphasizes the number and extent of Ireland's social ills and the indifference and neglect with which they have been treated. He talks about the abuses on Irish Catholics by English Protestants who owned farms where the poor Irish men worked and charged high rents that the Irish were not able to pay.... [tags: Jonathan Swift, Satire, Government]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Today's world is filled with both great tragedy and abundant joy. In a densely populated metropolis like New York City, on a quick walk down a street you encounter homeless people walking among the most prosperous. Unfortunately, nine times out of ten the prosperous person will trudge straight past the one in need without a second thought. A serious problem arises when this happens continually. The problem worsens when you enter a different neighborhood and the well-to-do are far from sight. Many neighborhoods are inhabited only by the most hopeless of poverty - ridden people while others downtown or across the park do not care, or are glad to be separated from them.... [tags: Jonathan Kozol, Amazing Grace]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Man could not evolve to any other state, because he was made in the ultimate state. He was made in the image and likeness of the Father so there was no need for evolution; hence, there was no sign of evolution from the beginning. Since sin came into the world, man has been deceived into thinking there is evolution. We are not talking about the theory of evolution that says man started from an amoeba or as an ape and eventually began to walk upright; not that evolution, but evolution in the sense of development.... [tags: Evolution]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- What makes a primate a primate. A primate is defined by its many incredible features. A primate is a mammal that has certain characteristics such as: flexible fingers and toes, opposable thumbs, flatter face than other mammals, eyes that face forward and spaced close together, large and complex cerebrum, and social animals. What makes a primate a primate is its characteristics. Some of the physical features primates are identified by is their teeth, snouts, eyes, ears, arms, legs, fingers, and toes.... [tags: Evolution]
687 words (2 pages)
- Not So Modest Proposal In 1729, with “A Modest Proposal';, Jonathan Swift raised the argument that, “For preventing the children of poor people in Ireland from being a burden to their parents or country, and for making them beneficial to the public'; (44), we should rid ourselves of them by our own consumption. We should bake them, fry them, or serve them in a fricassee or ragout. Swift proposes his “humble'; thoughts, for which he expects no objection, on the idea that it would be beneficial to the parents, the country, and even the children if they were to be eaten.... [tags: Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- In Savage Inequalities, Jonathan Kozol describes the conditions of several of America's public schools. Kozol visited schools in neighborhoods and found that there was a wide disparity in the conditions between the schools in the poorest inner-city communities and schools in the wealthier suburban communities. How can there be such huge differences within the public school system of a country, which claims to provide equal opportunity for all. It becomes obvious to Kozol that many poor children begin their young lives with an education that is far inferior to that of the children who grow up in wealthier communities.... [tags: Savage Inequalities, Jonathan Kozol]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan was not an ordinary seagull. For a thousand years, seagulls have spent their whole life on scrambling after fish heads. But Jonathan saw something different. He thought that life should not be just eating and fighting, even seagulls should have a reason to live. For him, his meaning of life is to fly. We all wish that we could spend all our time on doing things we like, just as Jonathan spent all his time on his beloved flight. However, the success in finding his meaning of life didn't bring with him any honor, but caused him to be an object of shame and irresponsibility, and to be banished due to his neglect to finding food.... [tags: Jonathan Livingston Seagull Essays]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
Charles Darwin had a deeper issue than just proving that living creatures evolved. His agenda was to retaliate against God for the hurt and loss of a daughter. Darwin purposefully denied that involvement of God in science and it has influenced that Christian world view. Anger and bitterness have caused generations of people to follow blind after the thoughts of one man.
The Christian today has forgotten what it is to stand for truth. The author points out several facts that Christians have fallen away from the faith because they compromised with the world. Christian colleges have tried to accept all types of doctrine and ignore the biblical stance of truth. This has allowed secular people to show the fallacy and the inerrancy of the so called “Christians”. The world believes it has been able to disprove God’s involvement in science but it has only proven the fallacy of man.
To say evolution is a theory is wrong and the proper statement should be, “Evolution is not a proven fact and should not be presented dogmatically.” Science is going from observation, induction, hypothesis, test, hypothesis by experiment, proof/disproof, and then to knowledge. A theory is a mathematical or logical explanation, or a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. As the author points out evolution (particles turned to people over time) can not get past the stage of testing to be considered a theory.
The author gives several examples of how evolutionist uses straw-man arguments to combat creation. Evolution is not a good theory because it is widely accepted or thousand of journals supporting. The author point out that the scientific community is so closed minded and full of censorship that creationist do not get a fair say. The best way to debate a topic is to allow both parties to present facts and then to evaluate the arguments, but evolutionist are not willing.
Biblical creationist is not the belief that creatures can not change over time or with in a species but that they descended from their own kind. Just because a species adapts to its surroundings does not mean that it is because of evolution. Evolution is the gathering of new genetic information and not just loss or sorting of information.
Natural selection does not do anything to advance the general theory of evolution. Trying to use the changes in an ecosystem simply shows changes from one already existing species to another existing species. Evolutionists are trying to use information, that creationists believe, to prove the GTE but it does not increase genetic information. God could have created the ability of fight/flight in his foreknowledge and when the fall of man took place the information was switched on.
Evolution has the perfect opportunity to proven with bacteria but we see same some today as was in past generations. Scientists are using current diseases and their resistance to medicine to show us evolution at work today. This just shows a loss of information to battle bacteria and does not prove the idea of evolution because no new information was gained to change the organism to a new type of organism. Loss of information is not evolution but can be shown to prove creation because of the fall of man.
Mutations do not prove evolution because there is no new genetic information taking place. Deformities can cause in the destruction of a species rather than a growth. The creatures still develop into creatures before the functions of the genes take place. Evolutionists have not proven the fact that mutations increase information rather than changing what information is available.
To evolutionist common structures is equal to common ancestors. This is not true because of the differences of DNA and also the similarities of DNA. DNA gives us a molecular clock and this is difficult for evolutionist to explain the consistency in amino acids. For this to influence evolution there should be a constant mutation rate over time but this does not take place.
According to the author evolutionist try to give the perception of bad design or flawed design to prove evolution. They use the eye as backwards engineering but this is a false accusation. The eye is created to be millions of times better than the best photomultiplier created. In contrast the eye is created to be the perfect engineering instrument for visualization.
Evolutionist want to point to the panda’s thumb or junk DNA as proof of evolution. In the case of the thumb it is used for stripping leaves from bamboo shoots. This is just a smokescreen to feed improper propaganda of particles to people. Junk DNA could not help with evolution because, “how could it survive if 98% was bad?” This proves more to intellectual design because to splice DNA it has to be done in certain way and places. Evolutionists produce several examples of bad design but none can stand up to scrutiny.
The fossil records are a one of the easiest ways for evolutionist to alter the findings to match their ideas. If you examine the findings you will notice the absence of intelligent creatures at the bottom of their fossil records. There are only a handful of transitional pieces and these are debatable. Some of the transitional fossils produced are of certain species and do not give an accurate portrait of the connection between non-living matter to living matter, single cell to multi-cell or invertebrates to vertebrates.
Whales are the largest wild guesses of fossils today because evolutionists want you to believe that they evolved from land mammals. Most alleged transitional creatures are produced from fragmentary remains and this gives them the freedom to make statements about transitional creatures but then later if proven wrong to simply change their minds.
To believe the evolutionist you must have faith that greater than 95% of all species have become extinct. If this is factual then why do we have over a million different species but only 250,000 fossil remains, and if this was factual there should be more fossils than live species. For the evolutionist they should not worry about saving creatures because extension is part of nature.
Creationists have different interpretations of the fossil records because of the global flood. Because of man’s sin and the fall we have to battle disease and destruction and this can lead to the extension of creatures. The evolutionists examine the layers of earth as ages compared to the creationists examining the earth as a burial because of the global flood.
In conclusion, Sarfati points out that just because you can demonstrate that micro-evolution occurs, that doesn't prove macro-evolution. The fact that the fittest animals survive doesn't prove evolution, either. Before you can "prove" evolution by showing changes within species, you have to know the origins, and that's what the evolutionists can't prove. Also, he shows that although species do change, they aren't gaining any new information. Even though they may be improving, it's always through a loss of information.