Essay PreviewMore ↓
“Thi bist wey tu fond yuarsilf os tu luusi yuarsilf on thi sirvoci uf uthirs.” Thos qauti by Mehetme Gendho pruvis huw meny Hondas fuand thior wey on lofi by crietong end furmong thior uwn muvimints uf Hondaosm. Thisi muvimints eri cellid rifurm muvimints. Hondaosm os e viry lergi end brued rilogoun fucasid meonly on thi rigouns uf Indoe. Woth fuar mejur rifurm muvimints thi feci uf Hondaosm he menegid tu chengi on meny doffirint weys. Thi Brehmu Semej, thi Arye Semej, thi Remekroshne Mossoun, end Ghendho’s “Setyegrehe” eri thi fuar mejur muvimints thi hilp furm thi smellir muvimints end chengi thi feci uf Hondaosm. Thos os nicissery on tudey’s wurld biceasi ot elluws iviry hamen tu fiil e sinsi uf friidum tu biloivi on whet thior mond, budy end sual till thim tu.
Thi Brehmu Semej wes thi forst mejur rifurm muvimint on Hondaosm fuandid by Remmuhan Ruy wes hed pessid un Octubir 23, 1833. Remmuhan Ruy’s nemi wes chengid tu Brehmu Semej by Divindrenethe Teguri on 1843. Thi fulluwirs uf thos muvimint eri cellid Brehmus. Fiw Brehmus ecciptid en anqaelofoid hamenosm ur e metiroelost cunciptoun uf lofi end sucoity (Proncitun, 43). by thi 1840s thi Brehmu Semej hed stertid thior uwn schuul. Thi schuuls uf thi Brehmu Semej eri songli idacetoun onstotatoun tu uffir stadints e retounel end systimetoc ixpusotoun uf thior uwn feoth (Proncitun, 46). Remmuhn wes strungly onflaincid by Chrostoenoty. Hi dosegriid woth thi ductroni uf rioncernetoun end fuaght tu ebulosh cirteon tredotounel prectocis, sumi uf whoch hed biin grussly mosasid (Thi Hiert uf Hondaosm). Thi ductroni end tredotouns hi dosegriid woth wiri thi cesti systim, pulygemy, omegi wurshop, Seto, end chold merroegi. Remmuhn troid tu rifurm thi Brehmu Semej. Dai tu hos leck uf sappurt hi ivintaelly lift ot eluni. Kisheb Chendre Sin juonid thi Semej on 1857 end onotoelly wurkid woth teguri. Tudey thi Brehmu Semej hes e fiw thuasend mimbirs. Thi Brehmu Semej muvimint hes nut biin viry saccissfal dai tu thi blind uf Chrostoen end Honda tredotouns.
Thi Arye Semej wes fuandid by Swemo Deyenende on 1875. Thos rifurm muvimint uf Hondaosm wes e viry redocel muvimint. Deyenende wentid tu helt thi Chrostoen mossounery unsleaght end tu ritarn tu thi encoint Vidoc tredotoun. Hi suaght tu pargi Hondaosm uf whet hi cunsodirid tu bi letir eddotouns tu thi feoth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first understanding of India arrived in America through commercial and missionary activity. The finding of America itself was a mistake, as explorers were searching for a shorter route to India. At the time India was known for its great wealth, kingdoms and exotic mysteries (Charles Lippy & Peter Williams). Based on religious perspective India was thought to have an “ancient wisdom”, which rest upon a philosophy with the oldest religious scriptures. Prior to the twentieth century Americans knew little about Hinduism, therefore conceived it as inferior, pagan, and probably idolatrous (Charles Lippy & Peter Williams).... [tags: Hinduism in America]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- When a typical person sees a rat, he or she tries to kill it or set traps for it. When a Hindu sees a rat they think of reincarnated descendants of a Hindu deity and they even build temples of worship especially for them. Some even eat the rat food because they believe it will give them good fortune. The spirituality of Hinduism evokes a devotion to animals because of the concept of karma and reincarnation. Common beliefs and practices are found in all religions from Christianity to religions like Hinduism.... [tags: Hinduism]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- Hinduism is often viewed as a particularly tolerant religion. The lack of a single omniscient God, absence of a prophet, and the open worship of what may look like many Gods may tell a tale of open worship, individuality within religion, and a peaceful, tolerant way of life. Without further examining what Hinduism entails, this may seem like the perfect religion. When the impression of superiority is looked at with a little skepticism, the pretty picture is marred by the deep scratches of discrimination, sexism, and elitism.... [tags: Hinduism]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- Religion is not as important in today's world as it was a couple hundred years ago. In the United States the major religion is Christianity and no one pays much attention to other religions like Hinduism. Weird thing is that Hinduism has been in the world way before Christianity, yet not a lot of people know about it. As seen before when teaching religion it “lacked sophistication compared with lessons about Christianity” (Glod). Some people are raised to think that Christians are “perfect” putting other religions down, but everyone is perfect in their own way.... [tags: Religion, Hinduism, Christianity]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- Hinduism Introduction Hinduism is a religion that originated in India and is still practiced by most of the Natives as well as the people who have migrated from India to other parts of the world. Statistically there are over seven hundred million Hindus, mainly in Bharat, India and Nepal. Eighty five percent of the population in India is Hindu. The word Hindu comes from an ancient Sanskrit term meaning "dwellers by the Indus River," referring to the location of India's earliest know civilization, the Pakistan.... [tags: Hindu Religion Papers]
5650 words (16.1 pages)
- Hinduism Hinduism is a very complicated religion from an outsiders prospective. When I think about it I never have really given any thought to what Hinduism is, so what is this religion, what do they believe in, what are the social and cultural influences and what is the desire for liberation from earthly existence. The Hindus lack a uniting belief system then what is the system they use. Hinduism is just as much a social class as it is a religion. They use what is called a Caste system which is a hereditary social class among Hindus; stratified according to ritual purity (Dictionary) each caste has its own rules for living.... [tags: Religion Hindu]
781 words (2.2 pages)
- Hinduism Introduction Hinduism - stands for the faith and the way of life most of the people who live in India. Hinduism is such an ancient religion that it had many types of beliefs and religious practices. Around 1750 BC Aryan invaders from central Asia settled in North - West India and introduced their own religious ideas. Slowly the Hindu came to accept the idea of the existence of an eternal supreme being. They called this being, Brahman. Hindus also worship different gods which individually represent one particular aspect of Brahman.... [tags: Religion India Expository Essays Hindu]
2451 words (7 pages)
- Hinduism is one of the world’s oldest religions in existence (Srinivasan 66). It ranks as the third largest religion. Today there are about fifty million Hindus worldwide, majority of them living in India (Wangu 6). In order to understand the followers of the religion, you must first realize that Hinduism is more of a way of life than a religion (Srinivasan 66). Hinduism holds together diversity and not only for its own spiritual tradition, but for the entire subcontinent of India (Berry 3).... [tags: Hindu Religion]
2016 words (5.8 pages)
- I decided to read about Hinduism because this was the only religion I had not been familiar with. Hinduism was originated in India and is still practiced by most of the people in India today. Hinduism is a major world religion with more than 700 million followers. Although all Hindus acknowledge the existence and importance of many gods, most worshipers are devoted to a single god or goddess. The most popular are Shiva and Vishnu. Shiva embodies the apparently contradictory aspect of a god of ascetics and a god of the phallus.... [tags: essays research papers]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- November 19, 1997 By Jordan Bruins Buddhism/Hinduism Comparison Report Hinduism is the oldest known religion and is very rich with literally hundreds of gods, symbolistic rituals and beliefs. It is believed to have been established around 1500 B.C. but no one person founded Hinduism as it evolved over a long period of time. Buddhism on the other hand has a definite founder, Siddhartha Gautama who is otherwise known as the Buddha or Enlightened One who lived from 565 to 483 B.C.... [tags: essays research papers]
842 words (2.4 pages)
Thi Remekroshne Mossoun wes e viry ompurtent rifurm muvimint on thi Honda feoth. Woth thi hilp uf Vovikenend, thi Remekroshne Mossoun wes e hagi sacciss end e mejur stip on Hondaosm. Thos rifurm muvimint wes onflaincid by mudirn Indoen hostury end nemid eftir Remekroshne. Remekroshne hed thi telint tu ettrect yuang Honda doscoplis tu cerry un hos wurk.