My first paper was a paper based on a memorable event that changed me. I had a little trouble choosing which event to write about because there was numerous events I could have chosen from. My classmates struggled as much as I did. I could have written about the time I moved to a new town or the time I went to Dallas, Texas for a Christian conference. In all honesty, not one event changed me instantly so I wrote about an event that influenced my life decisions the most. I wrote about an event that changed me in the long term, an event that was a catalyst for a chain reaction. I wrote about my little brother Jason being born. This paper required a sense of nostalgia and care when I was talking about how everything changed for the better. I had to go through a lot of introspection and memories to develop and essay about my brother. I am confident to say that I am able to write in more in-depth about a person now.
My second paper I had to write a reflection on the previous paper. This time I wrote about more ...
... middle of paper ...
...o check on my grammar/spelling while I personally went through the paper and revised. I am, fortunately, proud to say that even my grammar has gotten better.
All in all, I am actually very pleased that I took this course and fortunate enough that nothing happened without a purpose in this course. I honestly thought that this course was going to leave a bad taste in my mouth because I thought I hated writing. Instead, I learned that I love expressing my thoughts and writing about it is a great way of pursuing my desire. I did not in any way enjoy coming to class and doing work, but seeing the end result was actually satisfying. I might have not gotten an “A” in this course, but what I discovered by myself through this class was more valuable than a simple score. I believe all these papers I had to write about and the purpose of the course has fulfilled its purpose.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Critiquing the New English Curriculum for Year 10 in Indonesian High Schools Introduction According to Law 20/2003, it is clearly stated that the aims of education in Indonesia are to maintain Indonesia’s cultural background and to generate the knowledge, skills and scientific progress that will keep the nation abreast of development in the twenty-first century. To accomplish these goals, therefore, the government has changed the curriculum regularly so that can meet the current global challenges.... [tags: High school, Education, High School]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- English writing is one of my weakest areas. I was born and raised in the United States, but English was not my first language which leads me to have a hard time writing essays in my classes. I did not get the resources that I need for my writing until I was in college. One of the areas that I struggle with is understands the writing prompt. If I do not understand the writing prompt, then I will have a hard time writing my paper. However, now, I am working on my writing skills to be better than before.... [tags: Writing, Want, Ethos, Research]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- Reflection Paper on Foodcorp Simulation The Foodcorp simulation was a great exercise for this class. It was a fun activity. I felt that the materials and the situations reflected the real organizational experiences. There were thirteen roles with different responsibilities in the simulation. These roles create a structure of the organization. For example, these roles create a three level of hierarchy, two groups of products; frozen foods and dry foods, and the subsidiaries. I played the roles of senior vice president of frozen foods, vice president of production and vice president of sales and marketing of frozen foods.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
1407 words (4 pages)
- Observation Form 2 When I first started my field experience the eighth graders would not participate at all. Now, they are all raising their hands and paying attention more in class. I am not sure what happened, but it makes the class more enjoyable to be in. The students have also warmed up to me. They will raise their hands and I will walk around and help them. I have had to reteach myself the parts of speech to be able to help them. I feel like I am learning right along with them. I also checked out the textbook they are using in Mrs.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Education, English-language films]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- After taking this course, this has been a struggling journey. I did not find fun in this class due to the grade I have now as a result. My writing skills did not improve from high school, losing confidence in myself to create well-written, interesting papers. However, this class has given me ideas about new styles of writing. Having done these papers helped me to discern the qualifications to write a rhetorical analysis essay from a visual critique paper. Here is how my experience in College Writing went.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Paper, Essay]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- In today’s society, it appears that women have come a long way in fighting for their rights and for equality but, many women are still facing discrimination in a subtler way. Women are facing what is termed the glass ceiling. The glass ceiling refers to women who are qualified and capable of leading and can see the top positions where they could be leading but are blocked from getting there by stereotypes surrounding women by men and society. This very issue was the topic for my senior thesis paper.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Rhetoric, Writing system]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Reflection essay In the beginning of this class I had my doubts, I was unsure, confused, and discouraged. I decided to take it anyway. This would be my second time taking English 1301, you would think I would have learned my lesson and go to the physical campus to take English the second time around. The first time I took English I learned absolutely nothing I wrote so many papers and read a full book and I finished that class with a bad grade and no confidence. I can definitely say this class was different, very different I enjoyed every assignment.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing style, Paper]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Winston Churchill had many accomplishments during his life. He was a remarkable politician but also a great solider, speech writer, and artist. He was considered one of the best politicians and speech writers of both his time and ours. He was born into the upper class but was able to sympathize with the poor and working class too. Churchill was loved and respected by all. Of all his great accomplishments, Churchill was best known for his two terms as prime minister. Winston Churchill was the son of Lord Randolph Churchill and Jennie Jerome.... [tags: Biography, Churchill, Politics]
2314 words (6.6 pages)