I am a dichotomy of insecurity and self-confidence. I am not the one in the class who effortlessly lays letters to a page producing an “A” paper. I must work for mine, if it is to be. My focus is usually on the big picture. I have outlines in my head even if they haven’t been committed to paper. Nuggets of information seems incomplete driving me to thoroughly research a topic. Determining when “enough is enough” is often my problem. Brevity is my nemesis. I sometimes try to communicate too much. However, procrastination is my greatest flaw. I often underestimate how long a writing assignment will take. Time management is essential in research and writing. Developing concise meaningful sentences based on sound primary and secondary sources can become a time management nightmare. Re-acquainting myself with the APA formatting, style and citation structures was a challenge also requiring additional time initially. I have learned to start early where possible; although, life has a way of altering my best laid plans.
Any success that I find I attribute to life skills that have positively affected my writing. Sound organizational skills, being detailed oriented, understanding my audience, good research and note taking skills. Having a love for reading, strong vocabulary and grammar usage. The ability to accept constructive criticism while independently considering what if any...
... middle of paper ...
...hat the numbers are decreasing and are less than in civilian populations. What isn’t debatable is that despite over 116 policy changes since the year 2000 (Hickman, 2003, pg.1) lives are still lost. Per Bannerman, “There have been days when there are more military family members killed by their veteran on the home front than troops killed in action on the war front.” (2014, pg. 1)
This paper hopes to expose policy flaws and begin a discussion towards change. As current Department of Defense (DOD) policies camouflage the prevalence of domestic abuse in the military, thus contributing to the perpetuation of the abuse.
What is Domestic Abuse?
Domestic Abuse is a pattern of behaviors intended to elicit power and control over an intimate partner. It thrives in the shadows, claiming a new victim every 9 seconds at an estimated cost of $8.3 billion (NCADV, 2016, pg.1).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the end of my first semester of graduate studies concludes, I enjoy this opportunity to reflect on the ideologies, methodologies, and approaches I have learned throughout the semester that will serve as the foundation to which my educational philosophy can be built upon. Rooted in my philosophy of education, is a combination of what I believe the purpose of school is for, and, the factors that influence student success. Early on in the semester, I wrote in my reflection 1 paper that, “the purpose of school is to educate students, no matter their age, race, or religion, to become knowledgeable in all areas and aspects of life....” While I still agree with that statement, it is now, after... [tags: Reflection Paper]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what true happiness is. Or what is living in a Promised Land like. Or just wondering how can a priest live a happy life if they are to give up on a lot of things. Or have you ever wondered of your purpose on life. On why we are all here on Earth. I believe, each and every one of us, is living in this world with a purpose. It may be a great or a simple one but we are all called by God to fulfill certain tasks. And as we fulfill whatever that task is, we should always be ready to face all sorts of challenges along the way.... [tags: Theology]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Reflection Paper on Foodcorp Simulation The Foodcorp simulation was a great exercise for this class. It was a fun activity. I felt that the materials and the situations reflected the real organizational experiences. There were thirteen roles with different responsibilities in the simulation. These roles create a structure of the organization. For example, these roles create a three level of hierarchy, two groups of products; frozen foods and dry foods, and the subsidiaries. I played the roles of senior vice president of frozen foods, vice president of production and vice president of sales and marketing of frozen foods.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
1407 words (4 pages)
- : Writing Center Conference Reflection The writing center conference had a lot of useful information in each of the presentations that I attended. Each presentation had its own set of topics, which either provided ideas that were geared toward helping a particular group of students or just gave general information about certain programs that are available to help students succeed in school. There was also one presentation, which explained the results of a study conducted regarding writing center enrolled students.... [tags: Tutorial, Tutor, Teaching assistant, Paper]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Writing a reflection paper sounds like it should be easy but, that’s not always the case. There is a lot more thoughts and ways to go about writing a reflection essay that you should know about that maybe you don’t know about already. There are many things people should think about when considering how to write or even how to start thinking or planning a reflection essay. For example, structure, format, ideas, and topic ideas. Honestly, the list goes on. Some articles I read cover all of it and some articles that I have read only cover half or not enough to be considered a source at all.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Paper, Article]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- The story of, “The World Champions Tragedy,” is a story of ordinary people. Everyday terrible tragedies happen that we hear about in the news. Most people will obviously feel sympathy for these things, but isn’t it true that, the majority of us will say, “That will never happen to me.” Maybe, most of us won’t verbally say something like that, but maybe we subconsciously feel or think like that. This story is an ordinary one of ordinary people. Unfortunately, in our society, people become victims and offenders do to certain circumstances and situations.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
2394 words (6.8 pages)
- After taking this course, this has been a struggling journey. I did not find fun in this class due to the grade I have now as a result. My writing skills did not improve from high school, losing confidence in myself to create well-written, interesting papers. However, this class has given me ideas about new styles of writing. Having done these papers helped me to discern the qualifications to write a rhetorical analysis essay from a visual critique paper. Here is how my experience in College Writing went.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Paper, Essay]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- The aim of this essay is to discuss on how the reflection on mentorship will be undertaken, how and why the model of reflection will be used and the importance of confidentiality. I will reflect the mentorship by ensuring that the mentee during clinical practice is put at ease throughout the learning experience of four weeks (Quinn, and Hughes 2007, p. 29). Also, I will use the principle of Kolb’s learning cycle as my model of reflection because reflecting is an essential element of learning. As I am the mentor, I will follow this cycle in a clockwise direction with Jude, so she would have to reflect on the skills learnt by reviewing the whole situation (Kolb’s learning cycle 1984 in Rose an... [tags: Reflection Paper]
2694 words (7.7 pages)
- Communication Is Something Us All Humans Use
- What Are Duties And Responsibilities Of Someone Working
- Schools Across The United States Face Issues Of Inequality
- The Communist Union And The Soviet Union
- Conduct A Survey On Violent Videogames
- Analysis Of The Exchange Between Thomas Jefferson And James Madison