26th June 2015
Business and Society
This summer’s course in ‘Business and Society’ was a great opportunity for me to learn more about myself, my perspective of business, the role of government in society, policy makers and most importantly the views of the stakeholders. For the spring semester gone and this summer session almost all classes were tied into my major, giving me a better understanding on what I want out of my degree. My major here at Marymount Manhattan College is Finance and this class has surely helped me in figuring out, the workings of ‘big business’ and its impact on stakeholders. This course has helped me understand why many laws, at one point to me sounded absurd, but are in place to protect both industry and stakeholder. I never thought communication was such a priority in the business world until taking this class. From newly learnt material I see communication as a way in dealing with the corporate world, as well as coping with different economies and cultures overseas.
To start off here I must talk about...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s society, it appears that women have come a long way in fighting for their rights and for equality but, many women are still facing discrimination in a subtler way. Women are facing what is termed the glass ceiling. The glass ceiling refers to women who are qualified and capable of leading and can see the top positions where they could be leading but are blocked from getting there by stereotypes surrounding women by men and society. This very issue was the topic for my senior thesis paper.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Rhetoric, Writing system]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Personal and Professional Ethics Reflection Paper Humans are social by nature, and wherever socializing occur conflicts appear. Since the dawn of civilization, people started many systems and methods by which they judge things right or wrong. The primary goal was to guide them to do the correct things and avoid troubles. These methods and systems developed to become more complex and the importance of ethics evolved. Now people realize more than ever that their actions affect others and can have unintentional consequences.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Morality, Virtue]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- For this reflection paper I choose to write about the advertising industry. This industry is one that has always interest me because of how it has evolved so quickly over time and how no brand can get too far without advertising even if the product or service they sell is amazing. And over the years I realized that this felid is something I really want to work in and build a career. Advertising as a promotional and communicational tool has been through an incredible journey over the years and now it has become an important part of our modern society.... [tags: Advertising, Advertising agency]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Self Reflection/ Values Clarification paper At the point when our activities and words are adjusted to our values, life is for the most part great and we feel content, certain and fulfilled. In any case, when our practices don 't match-up with our values, we soon start to sense an uneasiness that starts to swell and develop within us. In any case on the off chance that we remember them or not, values do normally exist. Our lives can turn out to be not so much upsetting, but rather more gainful, when we recognize our own values and after that make the endeavor to live by and honor these values paying little respect to the circumstances we experience.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, Social change]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- As I continue exploring the aspects of Family Inc., I find myself becoming more amazed at the tragedies that occur in the lives of juveniles. Society is always pointing the finger at the children, blaming them and punishing their negative actions. With a deeper look at the family system behind these children, I have found an empathy for the delinquent children. The organization is not only for delinquent children, but it is thought that children with incarcerated parents have a higher risk of going into the prison system.... [tags: Reflection Paper, criminal justice system]
1062 words (3 pages)
- PepsiCo Thirsty for a cold Mountain Dew or Pepsi. Hungry for some Ruffles potato chips. Or maybe it is breakfast time and some Quaker oatmeal is on the menu. These are just some of the items the company PepsiCo handles. PepsiCo handles a variety of items from beverages and snacks to Quaker products and breakfast cereal to Gatorade and Propel Zero water. PepsiCo has remained a highly successful organization throughout these rough economic times. PepsiCo's executive management team has done an outstanding job in managing the company through a recession and created more global expansion for the company.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Due to globalization, organizations rely on international transactions to take place to keep their business running. Even with knowledge of how important international interactions are for their companies’ success, miscommunication occurs and someone involved in the transaction is left scratching his or her head. This is a result of the lack of cultural training and understanding. This paper will discuss the different implications that have been discussed in the international business world. This paper will address some of the common barriers in international business communications, the steps that have been taken to alleviate these problems, and future consideration for international busin... [tags: international business, cultural diferences]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Racial and ethnic backgrounds have been a persistent factor in the dispensation of healthcare, stemming from the Civil Rights era. Several momentous pieces of legislation passed in that time, including the judicial Brown vs. Board of Education decision and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, both of which were intended to integrate society. However, the racial divide was not completely dealt with leading to the common medical disparities exhibited today. Interests in the status of national medical disparities have aided in the formation of significant organizations striving to transform these inconsistencies to benefit everyone.... [tags: Health Care ]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- For centuries the role of a woman was getting married, stay at home, and take care of their children. The attitude towards a woman that did not act in accordance with the norm of society was criticized, ridiculed, and contemned. People in modern-society has no idea how unequal and injustice life for a woman was; women endured and fought for the ambition of one day to be able to vote, have freedom, and be seen eye to eye as a man. Charlotte Perkins demonstrates in “The Yellow Wall-Paper” how women had to be obedient, weak and inferior.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Charlotte Perkins Gilman]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- The purpose of this dissertation paper is to explain the ideologies behind advertisements, and to explain the uses of semiotic terms. Ads are deliberately constructed by companies, to connote certain things in order to appeal to their target audience as to sell their products. To understand these connotations it is necessary to deconstruct the ads. Three ads have been chosen for the brand Christian Dior for both fragrance and fashion in order to explore their meanings. The thriving, highly successful designer label Christian Dior opened its main house of couture in 1946 in Paris; by 1958 there were stores in over fifteen countries.... [tags: Advertising Targeting Marketing]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- Performance Management Is A Organic Business Tool
- Rhetorical Analysis Of ' I Have Seen How Man Was Made A Man '
- Pig Production : Early Weaned Piglets ( 18-21 Days )
- The Racist Beliefs And Organizations That Motivated The Alleged Shooter
- Tools For Creating Publishing Social Media
- The Explosion Of Social Networking Sites