... middle of paper ...
...icated term. Where I would normally have been more trusting of historical writings, I have learned that it must be examined with more of a critical eye - that there is so much more to history than what someone may have deemed important enough to record. Upon looking back at the course, I found that E.R Dodds "On Misunderstanding the Oedipus Rex" was probably the most interesting reading for me. Although I had heard the story before, I never realized that I had been reading it with my own biases - without noticing that I was not the intended audience for the story. This really opened up my eyes as to how easily I was judging the story with my own stereotypical views. All in all, this course has taught me the importance of critically analyzing material, not approaching it with my own values, and most importantly, not believing what I read just because it is 'history'!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the past eight weeks this class has not only fulfilled my major requirements, but also made me understand more about the complexity of child development and how I can become a better person as a future parent and educator. Since I am an Education major, the four topics that would benefit me in the future are Erikson’s stages, Induction, Educational Self Fulfilling Philosophy, and Adolescence. I plan to be successful with my career and use what I have learned in Child Development to prepare future’s leaders of tomorrow.... [tags: Course Reflection]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- The course that I took this term on money and banking was of great value to me. It taught me some very important things. One of the most important things that I learned in this course was that the Federal Reserve is the best resource for information concerning the economy. Another important thing that I learned was that interest rates mean different things to different people. A third very important thing that I learned was how a financial crisis can start in the United States. There is an abundance of information about our economy on the television newscasts, in the newspapers, and on the Internet.... [tags: Class Reflection]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- In other courses, we have learned about what a bond is. One of the most important things I learned in this class is what affects the supply and demand of bonds, which ultimately decides the price of a bond. Three main items determine the supply of bonds: the expected profitability of investment opportunities, the expected inflation and the government budget. The expected profitability of investment opportunities is important because companies issue bonds to raise money. If a company does not feel that they can make profitable investments with the money they would obtain from issuing a bond they are not going to want to incur the expense (the interest on the bond) and therefore are not going... [tags: Class Reflection]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Final Course Reflection Reflecting back on my short time here at Iowa State I have met many new people, learned a great deal about the campus, myself, and the Agricultural Business program. In college I have experienced many firsts. I moved away from home for the first time. I started my first day of college classes, and survived my first round of college exams. I joined clubs, met lots of new individuals, and got acquainted with life at Iowa State. Throughout my time at Iowa State I was lucky enough to be part of a great major that focuses on welcoming freshman.... [tags: A Great Way to Care, Learning, Iowa]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- During the course of this class, I have had the opportunity to read literature from authors who come from different backgrounds and places in the world. Some of the stories and poetry we read were straight forward while others were confusing and sometimes required a second look. But one thing is clear, it changed the way I think about literature in a few ways that I wasn’t expecting. Three works in particular stand out in my mind. “ I Wont Let You Go” by Rabindranath Tagore, “To New York” by Leopold Senghor, and Pedro Peramo by Juan Rulfo all had an impact on my thinking for similar yet different reasons.... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- The three most important things that I learned in this course are as follows: 1) Causes of Financial Crisis Financial crises have influenced the os of financial markets in past. The most important the Great Depression in 1929-30, the 1970s inflation failures and the banking difficulties in the 1990s led to problems in the financial markets causing serious disturbance. The recent financial crisis which became known in 2007, though the roots were implanted much earlier, has been the worst situation financial markets have ever faced.... [tags: Finance]
2036 words (5.8 pages)
- This memo is to discuss what I have learned from the technical writing course and its impact on my writing skill as a nursing professional. Good writing skills for nurses improve health care delivery and promote empowerment. In the last 5 weeks, I have learnt to use a systematic process for writing and revising documents. I also got the opportunity to practice my technical writing by completing the hands on assignments included in the course work. One of the key things I learnt in this course is the importance of the audience that the document will be addressed to.... [tags: audience, communication, purpose]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- The first week of this unit I had a mix of emotions, excitement and stress . The topics covered each week have giving me the opportunity to increase my knowledge in many areas. Having an interest in teaching when I started this course has now grown to having an interest in learning as well. Reflecting on my education as a child has shown me the growth in teaching and our current education system. Professionalism was a great way to start the unit; this topic has giving me the chance to understand the responsibilities that teachers have to students and their parents.... [tags: college, teaching]
1076 words (3.1 pages)