Reflection to Current Culture Paper
For my culture paper I decided to write about a film, the film is called “Aqui Entre Nos” (Between Us). Throughout the paper I will discuss how the concepts of family and communication are portrayed in the film.
“Aqui Entre Nos” is Mexican comedy yet it also a movie that makes you reflect on life. In the film we are introduced to the Guerra family. The head provider of the family and father of three Rodolfo Guerra, his stay at home wife Miriam Guerra and their three daughter Sofia the oldest , Victoria the middle child and Ana Paula the youngest one. It all start when Rodolfo decided to not go to work one after being fed up with feeling unappreciated by his family. In addition he always has Miriam is his ear complaining about when he will get a raise, fixing the leaks in the house, and about needing individual beds because since he is of heavy weight he has sunk the mattress. It is through that day that he realizes that has become a stranger to his family. He stays home and has a relaxed evening but, he comes to notices many things. Like Miriam not picking up Ana Paula after school, when Rodolfo asks Miriam why she doesn’t pick up Ana Paula from school she says she goes out with friend because he never takes her out. He also noticed that his older daughter Sofia is dating a man that is way older than her. When Rodolfo confronts Sofia about the older guy, she admits that she is dating him. Rodolfo answers that she is not to see this guy until she has brought him home and introduced him. The following day they have a family gathering in which Rodolfo does his best at getting Sofia’s boyfriend drunk so that he can basically make an ass of himself and Rodolfo succeeds. Then there is Victoria who ...
... middle of paper ...
...a’s fiancée) needs to talk to in her father. As well they project their morals and values on to Victoria, as they are not acceptable to her public display of affection or her getting home so late.
In conclusion I believe that the movie covers many subjects that we have covered in class, marriage, divorce, affairs, communication and the list goes on. I am very surprised of how learning about these subjects helped me view the movie. Originally I had seen it previous to the class but once I learned about the assignment I knew it would be a great film with lots of topics related to class. I watched for a second time after we learned in class about some of the topics and definitely saw the different issues and how the couple was handling their issues the wrong way. It is a sad movie yet with a happy ending, helps to reflect on life and learn from the mistakes of others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I started this program, I was worried I would not be able to do an online course. This is the first online college course that I’ve ever taken. On top of this course, I have been taking five other classes and have been very involved in other activities. However, I’ve worked hard to keep up and improve my writing skills. Every day that I’m able to use a computer, I sign into Moodle. When I’m not around a computer, I work on the paper or assignments that are due for that day. In this paper, I will review my first paper in this course compared to the writing skills I have established now.... [tags: paper, problem, quality, skills]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- Cultural Identity Reflection Paper Annise P. Herbin Eastern University Introduction Contemplation of the cultural self involves examination of the development of one’s personality, identity, character, behaviors, and cognitions. These aspects of existence are shaped by family and community and, for me, are elements I strive to connect to the scriptural assertion that humans are created in the image of God. Rubio (2003) states, “Humans aren’t meant to live alone. Rather, they are called to live in relationship—in community—with one another” (p.... [tags: Family, Black people, Race, Long hair]
2429 words (6.9 pages)
- Reflection Paper #5 The first topic is Cultural Diversity We need to be aware of the diversity in the classroom. Cultural diversity includes: bi-racial, adoptive, immigrant, gay, and step-families. It is a large majority of the students today even in my generation. Focusing on making a balanced curriculum that exposes the students to all of these different backgrounds is very important. I know that it is likely that a teacher will not be able to cater to every student, but it is important to involve each of them.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Stereotype, School]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- In this paper I will briefly present several enhancements to my supervisory theory as it has evolved over the last several years. I will share what I’ve been learning related to my theory of supervision through my experience of supervision, study, consultation, and continuing education. Process theology continues to be the anchor for my theological understanding. The events in my religious denomination, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, surrounding the ordination of gay and lesbian clergy in committed relationships (of which I am one) have brought me to a greater appreciation for what it means to be from the reformed tradition.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- As someone who was taught to respect all and look down on no one, because one day I may be in their position, I have typically not been mindful of class in everyday life. However, it is difficult to not recognize it as a social factor when others are dealing with me. Generally, I speak clearly, dress nicely, and conduct myself in a respectable manner. I am also always cognizant of how I treat other people, always trying my best to be kind and polite. This is how I was raised to behave, however in the past, I believe people may have made judgements on my social class based on these things.... [tags: Middle class, Working class, Social classes]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- In reflection on my learning experience in the group class, I have gained clarity on what sorts of competencies of facilitating group therapy, as well as in what areas social workers and students tend to feel most strong in my practice. Regarding my specific gains in competencies, I feel that I learned the most and was most likely to gain specific group facilitating competencies at the weekly class. Learning in group class is taught me the tools to use to work with groups therapy, communities and also with individuals through the process of changes.... [tags: Learning, Sociology, Skill, Social work]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Thesis statement This paper is a dissection of the root causes of overrepresentation of First Nations ' children in the Canada welfare system. Furthermore, it will discuss in detail the contributions and efficacy of current child welfare system to the issue, such as poverty, parenting differences, language barrier, and social worker evaluation and decisions. The last part will look at the role of social workers and their agencies in addressing and improving this problem by providing policies and programs that will be appropriate and sensitive when working with First Nations’ families.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, First Nations]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Reflection Paper Assignment: The Meaning of the Bible. Levine, Amy –Jill and Douglas Knight. The Meaning of the Bible: What Jewish and Christian Old Testament Can Teach Us. New York: HarperOne, 2011. Intro The assignment is reflect on my own assumptions about the Bible, and bible interpretation, based on the journey, or “deep dive” I have taken into the Hebrew Bible this semester through various writing and discussions, and the reflections garnered in my sojourn with Levine and Knight. This is, indeed, a foreboding task, given it has to be accomplished in 10 pages or less.... [tags: Reflection Paper, Religion, God, Jesus, Bible]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- My Reflection on Southaven Middle School My current job allows me the privilege of being able to travel to multiple schools within the Desoto County School District. I count this as a distinct advantage in growth as a future educator. This opportunity has allowed me to observe and be mentored by some of the best teachers that Desoto County has to offer. My time was spent primarily at Southaven Middle School, Southaven Intermediate and Chickasaw Elementary. The experience and knowledge that I gained from each of these schools is immense.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Education]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- v. ___ a two or three page paper describing how the Associate Supervisor’s thinking has evolved in relation to the approved supervisory theories. Attach the original preface of those papers In this paper I will briefly present several enhancements to my supervisory theory as it has evolved over the last several years. Learning continues to be fun for me. I will share what I’ve been learning related to my theory of supervision through my experience and study. Process theology continues to be the anchor for my theological understanding.... [tags: Reflection]
1538 words (4.4 pages)