2. I often rethink many of my past experiences to see what I can learn from them. One experience that I rethink the most has to be my decision to move to Canada. When I was in Grade 8 in China, I never thought about studying in another country until my parents asked for my opinions. I was nervous and afraid of travelling to a new environment, so I decided to stay in China. However, when I was in Grade 10, many of my closet friends started to apply for schools in other countries and they were all happy. This made me rethink my choice. When I rethink this experience, I realize that I have to be brave and open to new challenges, because along with challenges and risks, there are always opportunities. Today, I am trying many new activities to enrich my experiences. These activities made my life exciting and I have also learnt a lot about the Canadian society and my...
... middle of paper ...
...ood. I truly feel that I am doing something helpful, special and important for them. It may be just several hours of my time in a week, but it means so much more to them. I cannot say I learnt a lot about how charity or society functions as I have expected, but I am certain that from the personal development perspective, I am more satisfied and content with my life.
7. I am applying for a bachelor degree related to finance or business at UBC, because I have always been fascinated by economics and particular how it functions within our society. I guess perhaps it has something to do with my parents, since they both worked in finance. With their encouragement and guidance, I find myself enjoy accounting, marketing and math more than any other courses. Furthermore, I believe that with knowledge in economics, I can plan my own life better and be financially independent.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Reflection 3: A Teaching Experience High school was incredibly difficult for me. Although I loved learning and was a dedicated worker, my inability to accept anything of my self other than perfection often crippled my ability to do any sort of work. As a result, one of the most significant learning experiences that I have had in school was being shown that perfection is impossible, and that my best effort is enough. My English teacher Miss Pressman facilitated this experience during my senior year.... [tags: High school, Writing, Expectation, Essay]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- True education is an immense topic. There are schools, books, teachers, experiences, reflections, decisions, oneself, and innumerable more ways to learn. Everyone has their own favorite ways to learn, but to get a full education one needs a combination of them. Senior year evokes unique images for everyone; it is a time of change for everyone who has ever attended high school. Senior year has taught me so much. So far during my senior year I have learned more than I have for a long time. School is an amazing starting point for knowledge, it can lead us, help us, and give us ideas of what we like and what we want to learn more of; however, school and teachers can only teach so much, and the r... [tags: personal reflection and story]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- Field Experience Reflection Overall my classroom observation hours went pretty well, and I focused on trying to receive eight hours in SPED classes, and the other eight in classrooms that participated in inclusion this semester. I wasn 't able to follow through with my plan. I was missing two hours of observation, and with the insane weather it became more difficult to schedule anything in a regular school setting so I turned to daycare. I quickly realized that a normal school was completely different from the daycare I completely my observation hours at.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- My Educational experience this far in my life could possibly be described as a rollercoaster. When I was younger I missed a lot of days of school, I ended up being a year behind academically. I’ve been to ten different schools all together, in five different cities. From kindergarten to second grade I went to school in Visalia, in third grade I went to school in Hanford for a semester then went to Lindsay and stayed in the same school for fourth grade also. For fifth and sixth grade I got homeschooled which really helped me because I caught up academically to where I should be, but it was hard work, I did two years of school in one year.... [tags: High school, Learning, Secondary school]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- For this reflection, I would like to reflect on my first full day of solo teaching without my mentor in the room. My mentor went to an in-district training for three days and I was able to be her substitute. On my way to school, I was really nervous about what the first day on my own would be like and would everything run smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised how easy this day ended up being. First, I think that I set the day up well by discussing my expectations with the students and providing a calm environment for the classroom.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Third grade]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Describe any volunteer, extracurricular activities, or work experience in which you are or have been involved in the past two years. Describe any volunteer, extracurricular activities, or work experience in which you are or have been involved in the past two years. : Two years of growth and learning,are the couple of things that I gained while I was involved in clubs in college. When I was involved in several clubs such as the Catholic Student Fellowship Club and the Puente Club, I had the opportunity to give a hand to the community when I participated in events such as Halloween Town, which consisted in giving candy to the community.... [tags: High school, Want, School]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- 9th ELSA at UCLA- ELSA = using chemicals to see if there is venom in roses Chinese - first year 10th english- change.org with partner tried to add another barbie of other ethnisities + computer science 11th LGBTQ field trip, 12th I 've been in Vaughn since day care. I am considered a Vaughn Baby, someone that has always been at Vaughn since a child up till high school. I grew up in this school thus it was logical that when I was entering high school I wanted to move.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, Sophomore]
2889 words (8.3 pages)
- Have you ever wondered why high school students are not successful in school. What makes students so unmotivated to do well in school. Adolescents face many challenges in regards to staying focused and motivated. These challenges are largely due to the lack of explanation, understanding, and work effort put into teaching the student. Motivation allows high school student to have an early advantage in student comprehension, involvement, and engagement. Motivating high school student teacher should teach in a way students are able to understand and comprehend.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Reflection on Self as a Cultural Being I would say I am around this area, I am learning Greek currently, and in High school I took four years of Japanese. Our language influences us greatly; here in the Midwest most of us here take for granted that English is the primarily spoken language. Other parts of the U.S. are not like that. Such as in Texas there are whole communities that speak Spanish. In those places I know that I would totally lost, not even know how to ask anything basic. I feel that because English is so vastly commonplace in this area of the country that makes many people lazy and not even attempt to learn any other languages.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- Fairness An example of a previous work experience where I had to exhibit fairness was while coaching a senior high girl’s soccer team for The Study School in Montreal, Quebec. I was put into a position where the most talented and high scoring player on the team missed a practice before a playoff game. Team rules were agreed upon and a commitment contract was signed by every player at the beginning of the season. One of these commitment rules was that all players were expected to attend all practices unless a valid excused absence and signed note was presented otherwise the player would be benched for the next game.... [tags: Reflection]
1727 words (4.9 pages)