Approximately 99% of all soda cans are solely made of aluminum; because of this it is highly important that we recycle. Additionally, more than 80 billion aluminum cans are used in the United States every year. Aluminum recycling can have disastrous effects; everyone should be required to recycle it because it is a big factor involved with saving our Earth.
There are many metals in the world that aren’t nearly as used as aluminum so it isn’t as imperative that they are recycled, but with this world wide used metal we must take a stand. It can take from 80 – 200 years for an aluminum can to decompose when left in the earth and this adds up quickly due to the large number of cans used each year. Recycling of aluminum cans has many benefits, such as creating jobs and conserving energy. If we do not start enforcing aluminum recycling the future may become shorter than it should be.
Aluminum, the most abundant metal on Earth making up 8.1% of the crust, with its soft exterior, is most commonly found in soda cans, but can also be used in electrical lines, building supplies, kitchen utensils, and many more. Aluminum is never found free in nature. It is mainly found in other natural items such as rocks and in 250 different minerals. The United States has a big focus on aluminum recycling with over 9,000 recycling programs located through out its states. Aluminum recycling, 20 years ago was basically unheard of, now we have made it so far from where we started. There are entire communities that are focused on going green, which has a direct relation with aluminum recycling. If recycling is not present in the community that can be changed very quickly, the Environmen...
... middle of paper ...
...drop of water from physical activity and bodily functions. (CBC News)
On a smaller note, Main Metal Recycling located in Jacksonville, Florida, says that their main goals for their company are summed up as follows:
We enjoy purchasing scrap metal from manufacturers, contractors, and individuals. Our approach is: building long-term relationships providing a clean, safe environment for all being friendly and welcoming, offering fair pricing, and serving as good community citizens” (Main Metal Recycling).
Our local recycling company, Advanced Disposal, has over 2,900 trucks that service residential and commercial customers in seventeen states and the Bahamas six days a week and on holidays.
With all of the companies these days using these technological advantages toward aluminum recycling, the companies that do not use them are at a huge disadvantage.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Americans, and the world at large, create astonishing amounts of garbage each year. Over twenty-one million plastic bags, and thirty six billion aluminum cans fill our landfills every year .Why can’t people take the time to recycle. It is such an important environmental issue, and yet it seems as though there aren‘t enough people out there who want to make a difference. Most of us know that recycling is graet for the environment, but when we go home, we often leave the work someone else to do in order to make a differnce.... [tags: Recycle, ]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- The ocean 's depths have remained a mysterious and an unchartered expanse. ("E-Library"). They have been a huge part of our past from explorations to scientific research. They also are a huge part of our future as scientist discover more into the unmapped areas of the oceans. Yet humans relentlessly destroy it causing our ecosystem to suffer from humans ' selfish ways. The careless acts of humans endanger marine life causing many species to deplete in population. Unknowingly humans are getting the brunt of what they have sowed.... [tags: Ocean, Marine biology, Coral reef, Oceanography]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Environment Effects of 3D printing Imagine a world where low-cost productions are created at home with a push of a button. You can create you very own personalized designs with out the need of the manufacturing factories. As manufacturing goes digital, the fundamental of economy will change new technologies will be explored as we roll into the third greatest industrial revolution. As society evolves the economy will shift, allowing people to produce their very own products from home. Using three-dimensional devices “3D printers” with the aided of open-ended software will allow people to manufacturer printed goods.... [tags: reducing mass of recycleability components]
2554 words (7.3 pages)
- ... If they make the area more sustainable it will increase the quality of life in the local population and for the pandas. On May 12th 2008 in Sichuna, China the Wolong Nature Reserved was struck by an earthquake killing two pandas, and although that may not seem like much, it is. Only time can tell just how many more will get killed by the next natural disasters; sooner than we think, they can all be gone. Endangered means we still have time, extinct means time has ran out. The correlation between war and global warming does exist and the eruption of war can cause more unnecessary damage to the world as a whole.... [tags: global, warming, fuels, consequences]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Nowadays, recycling has become popular topics because basically it impacts our environment in our life. Recently, the improvement system of recycling can solve human’s life environmental problems. There are three main points of how to manage waste or garbage such as reuse, reduce and recycle. According to my proposal before, the definition of recycling is a process of how we can manage our waste or garbage materials to change and become useful and new product materials. “Recycling is the process by which previously used objects and materials are converted into something else, rather than discarded” (Reno & Alexander, 2012, p.1).... [tags: environmental problems, business recycling]
1058 words (3 pages)
- At the level of food production, we do not have a strong base of food production. Our food producer are being split between actually wanting to help our food industry and wanting their share of money. Although the food producer that I interview his goal was to provide his community with fresh grown vegetables to eat. He believe that if we eat healthy then we become one with our bodies. He also raise money from the farm to make money for his farm and to for his family. To be healthy, we need to eat a variety of foods, especially fresh fruits and vegetables.... [tags: Agriculture, Organic farming, Organic food, Food]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- A common sight to a visitor on a beach in the U.S. is garbage that has been pitched by another person or washed up on the beach, after it has been carelessly thrown away. All the carelessly disposed of trash eventually accumulates, rather it be in one place, such as a landfill, or in many places just dispersed and spread out, like litter. In 1997, Captain Charles Moore came across a large trash deposit, while sailing in his boat, Alguita, in the pacific. What he encountered that day could only be described as a floating continent of trash, which today has names such as “trash vortex”, “plastic soup”, and Eastern Garbage Patch”(Friedman 7-10).... [tags: Environment, Trash]
2594 words (7.4 pages)
- Earth is a planet full of resources that organisms have shared over millions of years. The problem is that human activity is increasing pollution and carbon footprint, largely on the last years. How is this affecting us and other organisms. To find the answer to this question there has to be a clear definition about carbon footprint and pollution. Carbon footprint is the amount of gases that are released during human activities, gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, and carbon monoxide (“Carbon Footprint”).... [tags: organisms, gases, contamination, condition]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- Americans are doing whatever they can to go green, and not the color. The “green” movement is about people making small lifestyle changes that could help the environment. Recently the economy has been bad enough that the housing market in a state of crisis; therefore, home owners with a need of change are resorting to remodeling and construction in their existing homes instead of moving. In order to save money on products for their home and be compliant with a green lifestyle, people are making decisions and buying products that are more resourceful and less wasteful.... [tags: Conservation ]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Why People Should Recycle I am not a big earth first person but I do believe in recycling because I work at a local recycling center and I think recycling is a good thing. In fact I think everyone should recycle to make the earth a better place as a whole. A few good reasons why recycling is a good this is, the more people recycle, the less room is filled in landfills. Also, when people recycle they are reusing materials, therefore saving resources. Another good reason is that when you recycle often times you get paid back the C.R.V.... [tags: Persuasive Argumentative]
883 words (2.5 pages)