In here I will talk about my job description person specification and other documents also I will be talking about what happened in the planning stages and the interview process. Also I will be reflecting on the whole planning process, furthermore I will talk about how the recruitment process could be improved and I will be comparing it with someone else.
Explain how it improves the recruitment and selection process particularly the interview;
This improves the recruitment and selection process particularly the interview because the managers will know who they are selecting for interview by looking at the candidates skills and experience to see whether if they have matched what it has been required for. Furthermore, this process is very quick because the managers don’t have to interview everyone that applied for the job, which I think is a good idea.
Describe how easy it is to create the document;
It was very easy to create this document because in side this document, it doesn’t need a lot of details but the main thing you need in your job description is what the job involves, skills and qualifications.
Explain how having that documentation benefits the interviewer and the interviewee;
By having a job description it benefits the interviewer because it helps them hire the right person for the job. Also it is useful for determining if the interviewee has social skills which may be necessary for the job. Further this can assess the candidate job knowledge, which it shows if they know what they are doing in the job. For the interviewee it benefits them because they can see what a typical day at the job will be like also so that they can see the skills that is needed as well to be able to pe...
... middle of paper ...
What was good about the questions that you asked in the interview?
The questions I asked in the interview was so good because it makes the candidates think about what they are going to say to answer the question. Furthermore, the questions wasn’t too challenging for the candidate so they can respond to the questions easily.
Which questions could have been improved?
Can you work these hours?
How would you improve the questions?
I would improve this question by saying the hours and days the company are looking for in the candidate to apply for.
How would improving the questions at the interview effect the recruitment and selection process? (e.g, lead to clearer answers from candidates, allow for better comparison of candidates).
Compare your experience with that of a peer.
What could you take from their experience to improve your ow
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ecruitment, “the process of attracting individuals on a timely basis, in sufficient numbers and with appropriate qualifications, to apply for jobs with an organization” as defined by Society for Human Resource Management (Gusdorf). Before recruitment can be started, the need for the job must be identified, then a position description is generated (Johnston). After those two things are completed and approved, the recruitment process can begin. This report will outline the types of recruitments, selection process, and changes in recruitment over the years.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Job interview]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- CHARAN TEJA CHUCHIKONDA STUDENT ID: 1251159 RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION-INDIVIDUAL The company that I worked previously is Accenture, which is an international managing consulting, technical service and business process outsourcing company. JOB DESCRIPTION Job specifications are one of the final results of a job evaluation. The job descriptions specifically state the works, customs and responsibilities of the job holder. It also gives information about the working conditions and work place practices.... [tags: Recruitment, Job description, Employment]
3055 words (8.7 pages)
- Assignment 1 - Recruitment & Selection. For this assignment I am going to start by looking at different types of recruitment processes and factors that affect these. Reasons why vacancies occur Vacancies occur because of many different reasons, for example an employee could leave due to retirement, contracts expiring, being fired or no longer desiring to do their job. Sickness or Maternity leave could also cause vacancies, when someone is off because they are ill or pregnant the business will need to find other people to cover their shifts, if they recruit internally they’d also need to hire someone to cover the person who is covering the worker who is off.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Job interview]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- It comes as no surprise that Human Resource (HR) functions within an organization have been identified as being positively correlated with an organization’s return on investment, revenue and profits, and perceived shareholder value (book page 161). With that being said, the following guidelines are intended to shed light on the best methods of establishing a well-functioning staffing system. Consideration of best practices for recruitment, interview, and selection has been done with exclusive consideration for Adie Knox Herman Recreation Complex and the City of Windsor Corporation.... [tags: Recruitment, Human resource management]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- Recruitment and Selection Strategies Recruitment and selection strategies is a subcategory of management described as strategic management. According to Nicole Long of the Demand Media, wrote an article published in the Houston Chronicle’s small business section that stated, the recruitment and selection of the right employee for each position can lead to the reduced costs, thus leading to an improved bottom line. The recruitment and selection of the right talent for an organization is pivotal to its success and comes at significant cost.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Beck’s Hybrids Recruitment and Selection Process Recruitment and selection impacts the success of every organization. Organizations with effective recruiting and selection result in positive outcomes that affects the products and services, and the perception of the organization. Having the right people for the job will increase profits and decrease costly turnovers. Even though organizations are operating in uncertain times, focusing on staying committed, and making certain they have the best talent will ensure future success.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Recruiter, Management]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Description of recruitment and selection processes There is a certain policy within the Bibliotheek Arnhem regarding recruitment and selection. However, first should be stated that this policy or method of recruiting and selecting is not used as much as in the earlier days of the organisation. The reason for this is that the industry is shrinking. The local governments in the Netherlands subsidize all public libraries whereas these organisations are not privately owned. Lynn Leeman said their income from the local government in Arnhem has been decreasing for the last couple of periods.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Netherlands, Candidate]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- The aim of recruitment and selection is to find employees who are willing and at the same time able to do their job in an effective manner. As said by Tylor and Collins (2000), the process of recruitment and selection is one of the most important parts of HR, critical for any organisation, getting this process right is something that takes time and also effort; it is not cheap but the consequences of poor choices can be detrimental for a organisations. The recruitment process attracts all the people who could possibly make a positive contribution for the company, moreover, recruitment practices build awareness of, and/or an initial attraction to, the organization among applicants who were pr... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Personality psychology]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Scientific "While it is important to match a person's technical skills with the job, it is also important to ensure a good fit between the candidate’s personality and the company's culture" (Scientific & Technical, 2006). It helps to find the "right person, for the right job" (Akrani, 2011). It is helpful to use such test to identify employee’s personality therefore gauging weather or the candidate would fit into the organisation's culture and fit in a team with other possible co-workers. Its importance is highlighted by the following quote, "if the HRM function is to remain effective, there must be consistently good levels of teamwork, plus ongoing co-operation and consultation between... [tags: mis of web based systems & traditional methods]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Table of Contents Task 1 3 1.1 Write the Recruitment Procedures for the above case and document it, show the actual selection pathway followed 3 1.2 Assess the impact of legal, regulatory and ethical considerations to the recruitment and selection process for above case 4 1.3 Make a group and play out the various roles involved in the selection Process 4 1.4 Evaluate your contribution in the above Role-play selection process 5 Task 2 6 2.1 Explain the skills and attributes needed for leadership 6 2.2 Explain the difference between leadership and management 6 2.3 Compare the leadership styles of Nelson and Thompson 7 2.4 How do you think the 10 People under Thompson be motivated 7 Task 3 9 3.... [tags: Staff Recruitment]
3180 words (9.1 pages)