The guide serves to reflect the restaurant’s criteria of hiring its waiters/ waitresses and A Maitre D for the commencement of its operations in UK. The process shall begin with interviews which will be followed by practical activities, and induction. A mock interview and its results are also outlined.
Interview Questions and Ideal Answers
1) What are your qualifications?
The aim here is to find out the minimum qualification of the candidate. Ideally, he/she must have completed primary education with some technical education and / or experience in the field. School enrollment shall indicate that the candidate possesses fluency of language, correct pronunciation of English language, discipline and cleanliness which are the main requirements of the job (Roberts, G., 1997).
2) It is very likely that as a waiter you find yourself in a situation where you mishandle the chores. How will you go about correcting them?
This question is designed to get an idea of the candidate’s organization and self-management skills. The candidate could talk about a past situation where he/she has corrected himself/herself and/or create an imaginary situation for the same. It is important to note that the candidate does not demonstrate evidence of panicking and demonstrates maturity of thought and self-confidence (Dale, M., 2004).
3) It is highly likely that you will encounter customers from diverse cultures. How will your treatment differ with each?
Diversity management is one of the key core competencies of firms these days (Dale, M., 2004). Since we intend to compete with well established brands such as TGI Friday’s and Hard Rock Café, this is a skill that cannot be ignored. Here the candidate will be analyze...
... middle of paper ...
...0CFgQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=HRM%20induction%20strategies&f=false> [Accessed at February 18 2011].
• Hoque, K., 2000. Human Resource Management in the Hotel Industry: Strategy, Innovation and Performance. [e-book] London: Routledge. Available at :
• Mathis, R.L. and Jackson, J.H., 2008. Human resource management. 12th ed. [e-book] Mason: Thomson South-Western. Available at :
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CHARAN TEJA CHUCHIKONDA STUDENT ID: 1251159 RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION-INDIVIDUAL The company that I worked previously is Accenture, which is an international managing consulting, technical service and business process outsourcing company. JOB DESCRIPTION Job specifications are one of the final results of a job evaluation. The job descriptions specifically state the works, customs and responsibilities of the job holder. It also gives information about the working conditions and work place practices.... [tags: Recruitment, Job description, Employment]
3055 words (8.7 pages)
- Recruitment and Selection Strategies Recruitment and selection strategies is a subcategory of management described as strategic management. According to Nicole Long of the Demand Media, wrote an article published in the Houston Chronicle’s small business section that stated, the recruitment and selection of the right employee for each position can lead to the reduced costs, thus leading to an improved bottom line. The recruitment and selection of the right talent for an organization is pivotal to its success and comes at significant cost.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- 2.3 Evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment and selection techniques in two organization Recruitment: By the Task 2.2 comparison set forward, we can clearly state that ACI has five levels and UNILEVER has six levels of recruitment policy. 1. ACI holds a very good perspective for the initial stage of recruitment compared to UNILEVER. Mr. Biplop of ACI’s HRM goes through the man power that is required for the position help for ACI and then does the job analysis that is required. Job analysis is done through various stages.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- BEST PRACTICES IN SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT. For any establishment to ensure consistent growth or maintain above board performance with regard to its core mandate, it must ensure that it has sufficient man-power with not just the requisite skills but also the personal drive to help the organization achieve its goals. Only via effective recruitment practice can this be achieved. Best practices in selection and recruitment generally encompasses various crucial aspects such as effective; attraction of candidates, shortlisting, assessment, selection, induction and monitoring of the candidates.... [tags: Advertising, Employment, Recruitment]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Assignment 1 - Recruitment & Selection. For this assignment I am going to start by looking at different types of recruitment processes and factors that affect these. Reasons why vacancies occur Vacancies occur because of many different reasons, for example an employee could leave due to retirement, contracts expiring, being fired or no longer desiring to do their job. Sickness or Maternity leave could also cause vacancies, when someone is off because they are ill or pregnant the business will need to find other people to cover their shifts, if they recruit internally they’d also need to hire someone to cover the person who is covering the worker who is off.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Job interview]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Description of recruitment and selection processes There is a certain policy within the Bibliotheek Arnhem regarding recruitment and selection. However, first should be stated that this policy or method of recruiting and selecting is not used as much as in the earlier days of the organisation. The reason for this is that the industry is shrinking. The local governments in the Netherlands subsidize all public libraries whereas these organisations are not privately owned. Lynn Leeman said their income from the local government in Arnhem has been decreasing for the last couple of periods.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Netherlands, Candidate]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Recruitment and Selection In here I will talk about my job description person specification and other documents also I will be talking about what happened in the planning stages and the interview process. Also I will be reflecting on the whole planning process, furthermore I will talk about how the recruitment process could be improved and I will be comparing it with someone else. Job Description: Explain how it improves the recruitment and selection process particularly the interview; This improves the recruitment and selection process particularly the interview because the managers will know who they are selecting for interview by looking at the candidates skills and experience to see whet... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job description, Improve]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- Business Concept According to Flippo (1984), recruitment is an activity of looking out for individuals for employment and motivating them to apply for jobs in the organization. Recruitment is a pursuit that connects the organizations and the individuals. It is an activity of hitting upon and inviting skilled candidates for engagement. The course of action commences when fresh candidates are pursued and completes when their applications are put forward. The outcome is a collection of applications out of which new employees are chosen.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Employment agency]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- The aim of recruitment and selection is to find employees who are willing and at the same time able to do their job in an effective manner. As said by Tylor and Collins (2000), the process of recruitment and selection is one of the most important parts of HR, critical for any organisation, getting this process right is something that takes time and also effort; it is not cheap but the consequences of poor choices can be detrimental for a organisations. The recruitment process attracts all the people who could possibly make a positive contribution for the company, moreover, recruitment practices build awareness of, and/or an initial attraction to, the organization among applicants who were pr... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Personality psychology]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- It comes as no surprise that Human Resource (HR) functions within an organization have been identified as being positively correlated with an organization’s return on investment, revenue and profits, and perceived shareholder value (book page 161). With that being said, the following guidelines are intended to shed light on the best methods of establishing a well-functioning staffing system. Consideration of best practices for recruitment, interview, and selection has been done with exclusive consideration for Adie Knox Herman Recreation Complex and the City of Windsor Corporation.... [tags: Recruitment, Human resource management]
1672 words (4.8 pages)