Supervision with Erica
Today I had to tell Erica that I concluded Mary was passive aggressive and I would not entertain her in my energy. She is intimidated by my clinical perspective that I bring to the group and I cannot help her with her insecurities all I can do is make sure I am respectful and do a good job providing anger management tools, so these men not to reoffend. I processed my feeling about doing one on one therapy and I was eager to learn how this process works. I talked about my feelings about my mid-term evaluation, and she said I was progressing well and did not have any concerns. Yes! I’m proud of myself. She said that she was most impressed with my thought process when conflict arises and how I process growth within myself. Well at the end of the day it is...
... middle of paper ...
...hey start thinking you don’t “FIT IN” never understood what the hell does it have to do with the task/job. Then somebody created something call moral, it boost moral. What really boost moral is eliminate the “crap” at jobs people. People don’t want to discuss this topic 1. Pay us more 2. Stop trying to make us do the job of 5 people and list it as “other duties” 3. If you don’t want to do it; neither do I 4. Leave your personal life at home. Okay, this is the “VENT” session of my journal. On the positive side, I got some rewards at the party for being a team player: a chick fila gift card, and secondly, I won 3rd place for my cap and gown graduate costume; cracker barrel gift card. We played some fun games and I must admit had a good time.
Clinical Supervision with Ellen
This was a boring session; I really was tired and did not have too much to say. We focused on
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To understand the concept of recovered memories and their validity, we must first understand to an extent how memory works. The Medial Temporal Lobe is the name we give to structures in our brain necessary for memory, this mainly includes the hippocampus, however the amygdala and the frontal lobe also play important roles. The hippocampus is where our long-term memories are stored in the brain, with age this becomes more dysfunctional. The amygdala and frontal lobe both work to encode our memories into our brain, however the frontal lobe also maintains agendas, refreshes and rehearses information, aids in resisting distraction, and directs our attention to certain features (2).... [tags: Sigmund Freud, Psychology, Hippocampus]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- The rise of the recovered factory movement in Argentina seems to have been born not for economic enterprise, or of a great desire for social movement and gain, but out of desperation and starvation. Personal accounts in Sin Patron tell not of a revolution for its own sake but of a workforce doing "anything to survive" (Collective, 2007, p. 56). Far from reveling in the absence of leadership these working women often found themselves destitute and wishing for the return of the bosses to their occupied factories (Collective, 2007, p.... [tags: economy, workforce, revolution]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- Work Carried out by Fender In Fender, the Finance and Accounts division do the finance and accounts, such as invoices, incoming bills and the flow of money between departments. This organisation does not outsource its Finance and Accounts to another specialist firm. In Fender, the Finance and Accounts division arranges four main things: 1: Keeping records and creating accounts and reports 2: Working out the cost of production and planning budgets 3: Raising money to maintain the organisation and for expansion 4: Working and sorting out the salaries of its workers Finance and accounts deal with the income and outcome of money in the company (cash flow,)... [tags: Papers]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- In the past there was a vast gray area between the time and the substance of an alleged childhood sexual abuse and the subsequent recollection of that abuse. With the intense focus by psychiatric community and the criminal justice system to ascertain the truth, the grey lines are becoming more black and white. With the reliance more on scientific methodology and better methods of achieving memory recall there is less reason for jurors to question whether abuse occurred or not. Traumatic amnesia is a documented, verifiable syndrome.... [tags: Child Abuse and Traumatic Amnesia]
409 words (1.2 pages)
- Within the last few decades there has been an increase in public awareness concerning child sexual abuse. Child abuse is defined as intentional acts that result in physical or emotional harming. However most people don’t understand that there are different forms a child abuse; they include physical, neglect, and sexual abuse. Child abuse is widespread, one that most topics people would rather not think about. For the longest time individuals have been in denial because it’s easier when everyone believes that they live in a perfect world.... [tags: psychological analysis]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The economy has steadily recovered from the recession although challenges do remain. The economy has seen a decrease in the unemployment rate from 7.8% to 6.7% and an increase in GDP 2.0% last year and 1.9% the year prior. The housing market improved slightly by 1.0%, but consumers do still remain skeptical. Minimum wage is $7.25 an hour or $14,500.00 a year if 40 hours are worked 50 weeks of the year. The median wage for the middle-class has decreased 5% along with 28% of their wealth. The overall wealth gap is large.... [tags: Inflation, Macroeconomics, Unemployment]
714 words (2 pages)
- The race of the offender affects victim blame just as much as the victim’s race does. The subtle racism that is still around today does not help black men who are accused of raping a white woman. Studies have shown that white rape victims are believed more if their rapist was a black man because the racist rape myth “depicts black males as sexual predators of white women” (Donovan, 2007). This myth was put into place during slavery as another way to control black men and white women (Donovan, 2007).... [tags: White people, Race, Race, Black people]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- False memories being created is obvious through many different ways, such as eye-witness testimonies and past experiments that were conducted, however repression is an issue that has many baffled. There seems to be little evidence on the factual basis of repressed memories, and many argue that it does not exist. The evidence for repression in laboratories is slowly emerging, but not as rapidly as the evidence for false memories. It has been hard to clinically experiment with repressed memories because most memories are unable to be examined during the actual event to corroborate stories.... [tags: how the mind works]
2005 words (5.7 pages)
- The Extent to Which the Weimar Republic Recovered after 1923 In the period after 1923, under Gustav Stresemann, Germany was able to stand back on its feet and overcome many of its difficulties. Weimar Republic was created in 1919 to govern a defeated Germany after World War One. Germany was facing many social, political and economical problems while the new constitution laid open for the seizure of power. There were many rebellions and attempted revolutions making the country very unstable.... [tags: Papers]
445 words (1.3 pages)
Parasitic Abundance in Snake Head Fish (channa striata) Collected from Rawang Region, Malaysia and Molecular Characterization of the Recovered Parasit
- ABSTRACT This study was conducted in order to determine the parasitic infestations in snake head fish (channa striata) collected from Rawang region, Malaysia. In addition to the morphological data, molecular determinations was also done as to verify the parasites species. The intensity and prevalence of parasitic infestations was determine by examining all the fish collected. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was conducted to amplify the DNA of parasites. The primer used in this study, showed a proper amplified sequence which correlates to the morphological data.... [tags: Ecology ]
1752 words (5 pages)