Pre – implementation:
Production and process details (company background): proposed method is applied in the XZY company in Australia for elimination of all forms of wastes and giving more valve to product which includes production, marketing and service of small and medium voltages switchgear. It has 4 main operations flow lines RC-01 ES electrical control module cubical assembly line, cable making line, switchgear assembly line and OSM automatic circuit recloses assembly line. For the implementation of the technique we focus on the RC-01ES electrical control assembly line,
Team for lean determination and performance variables:
Formation of the lean team is to differ the management and frontline workers. Team consists of mechanical engineer, skilled and experienced operator, expert in lean manufacturing and finally project manager who leads the team members. All the workers (operators and foreman) were trained regarding lean production by conducting seminars, discussion and observed the performances by the team. Intensive training to workers improves the process in efficiency and effectiveness.
Process map (valve stream mapping):
In this phase, VSM (valve stream mapping) will analysis the production flow to eliminate the wastes and improves the labor productivity, time, reduce cost, quality, management skills and enhan...
... middle of paper ...
Effectiveness 72 73
Table (1): performances comparison between before and after implementation
Calculation of efficiency and effectiveness will be done as mentioned before in the above. The new redesigned process increased the performance of company by producing more switchgear modules in less time
Lean strategies are applied for a new systematic and standard methodology to identify the wastes by time study and VSM.
In lean production time and finance were important constrains. Many researchers developed many techniques and tool but due to lot of research done by different researcher caused overlapping of tools and models, so it become tough to select the models for many companies. Management integrated lean technique should be improved. As very company is concern about environment, so this influencing factor should taken into consideration.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overall Economics Thailand is an educated country. There is no discrimination when it comes to education, unlike the budding business world that is growing faster than the country can keep up with (Thailand in brief). As a whole, the country of Thailand has a strong understanding and functionality of basic economics. Economic Freedom and Government influence The main issue seems to be strongly related to their economic freedom. With the increased corruption from the government it may take some time before they lead in anything from an economic standpoint other than exportation (Thailand).... [tags: government, growth, industries]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- In 1890’s the Auto motive industry in America started (Wikipedia 2016). The market soon after grew into one of the worlds largest. Americans dominated the industry in the twentieth century, but the blue print for the automobiles was done in Germany and France in the 1800s. By statistics America is the now second largest manufacturer in the world. They have a record of 8-10 million manufactured yearly. In the 1920s the automotive industry in the United States was dominated by 3 companies which included Ford.... [tags: Automotive industry, General Motors, Automobile]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- The development of the American Auto Industry took place over many, many years, starting with Mr. Henry Ford building the first car in 1896. The industry has evolved, to what it is today and represents approximately 10% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). According to the Bureau of Labour and Statistics, ‘the automotive industry includes industries associated with the production, wholesaling, retailing & maintenance of motor vehicles’. These industries are industries that have a tremendous impact on the U.S economy and can be directly impacted by changes in U.S.... [tags: Automotive industry, Automobile, General Motors]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Strategy Implementation and Control Strategy implementation involves establishing programs and tactics to create a series of new organizational activities, budgets to allocate funds to the new activities, and procedures to handle the day-to-day details (Wheelen, Hunger, Hoffman, & Bamford, 2015). Essentially, after a company determines the direction of their program, it is the how that particular direction will be accomplished. It also answers the question of what resources must be moved or sold to meet the allocated budget.... [tags: Ford Motor Company, Automotive industry]
1741 words (5 pages)
- 3D printing in the automotive industry ISE 589 Ashwath Raman 11/24/2016 Introduction Additive manufacturing or AM is the “process of joining materials to make objects from 3D model data, usually layer upon layer”  as opposed to traditional manufacturing that subtracts material from the raw material to make the product. Manufacturers in the aerospace and medical industry have to keep up with the latest technologies to stay competitive and hence look towards AM as a way to get their money’s worth.... [tags: Manufacturing, Industry, Rapid manufacturing]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- The development of the manufacturing industry, quality and control, manufacturing capacity increase or the duration and the need to reduce cost has arisen is inevitable. Thus automation and programming concepts were started years ago. Automation is a machine's operative procedures and their sequence start form beginnig to end without human intervention, and its done automatically. Programming of the sequence of operations is prerared and tranfered to the counter. A bench during the operation of the program, and in the process, this will provide for amendments to the alignment and speed, then the counter is called flexibility.... [tags: cost, human intervention, tools]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Analysis of Industries In today¡¦s advancing technology state, one must be aware of information management systems and how they are shaping lives. Many industries are involved in information technology, and it is that technology which enables them to survive. Five major industries are health, services, manufacturing, finance, and retail. It is hard to say which one is affected more by technology because they all are in their own individual ways. The topics of IT they all share, but the way that information technology is used and introduced in each industry makes them different.... [tags: Technology Manufacturing Industries Essays]
3529 words (10.1 pages)
- ... The relentless pressure on vehicle producers worldwide to reduce manufacturing costs (“Productivity Commission”, 2014) which led to Toyota’s decision to cease manufacturing in Australia is in accordance with shareholder theory in which Toyota only has a responsibility to their shareholders and needs to maintain the goal of profit maximisation. Their decision is also in accordance with stakeholder theory in relation to shareholders as Toyota’s has a responsibility to their shareholders to achieve their organisational goals such as profit or shareholder wealth maximisation.... [tags: toyota shareholders, suppliers]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Introduction In past few years, companies and industries of various sizes have become aware that they need to improve business processes such as product development, order fulfilment, planning, distribution, and customer service. So everybody is now focusing on doing process improvement or redesigning. Steel containers position an arousing curiosity or attention in the engineering and policy challenge to society. They have to meet the condition of a countable quantity of structural and physical standard, must be reasonably priced, and must have a negligible impact on the environment.... [tags: Manufacturing]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- Satisfaction Survey Research Current Survey Background Perhaps no other research tool utilized by social scientists is as sensitive to social and technological change as the sample survey. Survey research is a multibillion dollar industry in the United States. Surveys provide critical information to decision-makers in government and business. Polls and their results are widely discussed by the general public and media. Because of the size, complexity, and expense of major surveys, which can include tens of thousands of respondents and exceed $100 million in cost, surveys inevitably come to reflect social and technological change.... [tags: Survey Research Market]
1472 words (4.2 pages)