My resolve for studying accounting has developed as I’ve grown academically and my exposure to the world as widened. It started with simply having a passion for business. To me, accounting was the most intimate way to get to know the components which made up a business. It is one thing qualitatively understand a business, but a quantitative, monetary, and financial backdrop gives so much more information than can otherwise be derived. As I began to work part-time accounting positions, take accounting courses, and become involved in accounting organizations in the San Antonio community, my personal understanding of accounting deepened.
While at UTSA I have become heavily involved with the Association of Latino Profess...
... middle of paper ...
...come a CPA. The Master of Accountancy Program at UTSA would help me to achieve the academic background that is required to sit for the CPA Exam. I seek to expand my knowledge of accounting principles, issues, topics, and applications with the intentions of using what I learn to be successful when taking the exam.
At the conclusion of my audit internship, I was offered a full-time position at BDO upon finishing my master’s degree. Coming out of the internship experience I am more focused on successfully completing my education than I have ever been. It has instilled into me the importance of graduate level courses in exam readiness and revived my passion for learning and absorbing concepts which have already proven to have real world applications. I believe I am a good fit for the UTSA Master of Accountancy Program and hope to be admitted, starting classes this fall.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- RESEARCH: This formal report will utilize mainly online resources will attain information on gender inequality. These sources will include scholarly articles and reports, journals, statistics on the relevant topic, and some print sources that can be accessed from the internet. BACKGROUND: For centuries there has been gender discrimination and inequality, most often towards women. At one time or another, in many different counties, there have been laws that denied women the right to go to school, to travel, the right to hold property, to enter certain occupations, and many others.... [tags: Flexible Schedules, Professional Conduct]
2010 words (5.7 pages)
- ... My long-term goal is to start my career in a foreign-funded company in China. I hope I can apply knowledge and experiences that I have had in USA to the practical situations so that I can reveal the meaningful times that I spent in USA. I am highly motivated to continue pursuing graduate degree in Accounting as a result of several reasons. First, I am interested in Accounting. I am good at Mathematics and I have a good sense of numbers all the time. Second, my personality is suitable for studying Accounting.... [tags: career choices and opportunities]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- When it comes to choosing a major in college, it is important that you pick a major that you will enjoy working in for the some part of your life. How does one make that decision. There are several different factors that play a role in choosing a major; or there was for me at least. When I looked into business for my intended major the first thing that came to my mind was not if I was going to enjoy working in some kind of business environment because I already new I would like that. Instead I looked at other aspects or values that a business degree offers.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- Nursing Shortage It is likely that most people have heard about the nursing shortage for years now, and perhaps they believe it’s been fixed. However, the nursing profession is experiencing a reoccurring deficiency. According to Brian Hansen, (2002), there was a nation wide shortage in 2001 of 126,000 full-time registered nurses, but the shortage will surge to 808,000 by 2020 if something isn't done. This pattern is a persisting cycle of high vacancies followed by layoffs and a high over supply of registered nurses.... [tags: Nursing profession, Demand]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Dat Nguyen LLD 100 Final draft Discipline Investigation of a Profession Introduction According to the Discipline Investigation Assignment sheet, the purpose of the Discipline Investigation Assignment is for students to learn about the discourse community they would like to join. A discourse community is a group of people that is linked together either by blood, work, school, or personal interests and here a common goal. Discipline Investigation Assignment is very similar to a research paper.... [tags: Accountancy, Accountant, Bookkeeping, Finance]
1909 words (5.5 pages)
- Accounting There are many different types of accounting. I haven’t made the choice of which particular part of the profession I am going to go into. I am going to focus on financial accountant. The decision to become an accountant is usually not made until college. However general accounting and bookkeeping classes can be taken in high school. In college, the student needs to decide on a more specific field of accounting. An accountant has many choices regarding what particular field of accounting to specialize in, depending on the financial information he or she wants to analyze and how it is done.... [tags: essays paper]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- An accountant’s job duties are to compile, examine, confirm, and prepare financial statements that include the profit and loss analysis of a given organization/corporation (Ferguson). A typical day would entail working indoors, assessing information and evaluating “best-practices” to recommend (“Accountants”). Some of the main skills that are required form an accountant would be to have analytical, problem-solving, communication, math, and organizational skills (“Accountants”). These skills go hand in hand with everything pertaining to an accountant’s job, for there is slight to nonexistent room for error (Ferguson).... [tags: career choices]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Title Accounting Career Resorces Accounting my field of study The purpose of accounting is to provide the information that needed to make sound economic decisions. It is one of the oldest professions in the world today, and the backbone of any business operation. It is not just about numbers, accounting is about planning. Accounting has many subfields, which includes management accounting, financial accounting, and cost accounting. Accounting can be a prestigious career, but to achieve that prestige you will have pass the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam and become a licensed accountant, and with that license you can work in any of the subfields.... [tags: Accounting]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- When deciding what you want to be when you “grow-up” one should consider becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). A CPA is an Accountant trained in industry, the public service, or in the offices of practicing accountants and is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Certified Public Accountant, 2007). Public accountants can offer services in the fields of accounting, auditing, taxes and consulting (Institute for Career, 2006). Accounting professionals should become a CPA because it helps with career security, career development and an increase in pay.... [tags: career, security, development, pay]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- ... I was able to learn new skills and network and connect with several individuals across the different departments of the stock exchange. In addition to this, I was part of a team that sold water bottles at our school. This entrepreneurial experience taught me many things. Working with other people often presents challenges. I learnt how to communicate with my team members in order to establish and work towards goals in an efficient manner. In addition to learning and developing new skills, both of these experiences reaffirmed my decision to pursue a business education.... [tags: internship, career, education]
599 words (1.7 pages)