The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons.(David Lampo)In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states.(David lampo)Concealed handguns set up rules of self authority throughout the state that are in.basically it an you want to shoot me i'll ...
... middle of paper ...
...defeated and another country was coming for us.we could use our guns to fight back and possible win.The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states: "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."(Jonathan masters)this statement states that we have a right law abiding citizens on not to have guns.also a well trained military to protect us against foreign invaders.if the government took guns all we have would be lost.
we use guns in the military every single day by all branch of the military.we use them for just the fun of shooting, and target practice.we use them for hunt for animals that we use for meat.we use them as a job to provide for the ones we love.so go ahead and try to take our guns govermentWhen so many people rely on guns every single day.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Imagine your local police coming to your doorstep in your house and taking your only good form of self defense.Then turning right around and kidnapping your children and kids and including yourself.I mean thats what the jews were facing during the holocaust.This is why so people do not support gun control for fear of government taking over us and loss of their guns.also some people use guns to provide food for their family thru the form of hunting.you take away their guns you take away their ability to provide for their family.I believe the government doesn't have a right to take our guns to get a hold on us.But its actually better when the government lets us carry weapons around in our... [tags: carry concealed weapons, violent crime]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- A controversial subject in America today is gun control; should there be or should there not be. I do not know the answer to this question, but I do have an opinion as most citizen of our country. All trough our history guns have been used for the good of the people, and on the other hand, they have been used for the not so good of the people; however, as with most things there is a good use and a bad use. I believe the good uses out weigh the bad uses in this case. In this essay I am going to discuss three reasons I am against gun control: one being it is our constitutional right to bear arms, two every citizen should have the right to protect themselves, their family, and their property, a... [tags: Argumentative Essays, Persuasive Essays]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- It has been often said that there is a problem in this nation when it comes to gun violence. In recent discussions of gun control, a controversial issue has been whether the laws should strengthen or decline. On one hand, some argue that gun violence can dissipate if stronger gun laws are implemented. From this perspective, the stronger gun laws there are, the more difficult if would be for criminals to get their hands on a gun. Thus, gun violence will decrease. On the other hand, others argue that the American people will be safer if gun laws either stayed the same or subsidized.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics, Gun]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- America has the highest amount of gun related deaths each year in the world. “In Germany 381, in France 255, in Canada 165 in the United Kingdom 68, in Australia 65, in Japan 39 and in the United States, 11,127” (Moore Michael, 51:15-51:48). Since the United States has the highest number of deaths, it is important to have gun-control laws that restrict people from owning dangerous firearms like machine guns. Gun-control laws should support both sides of the debate. Of course, both sides will not be completely happy with the laws created, but America should have a balance.... [tags: Gun Control Essays]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- In today 's world, there are so many controversies surrounding the social well being of people and their political lifestyle. Controversy can be referred to serious arguments that relate a certain topic or something. Such issues involve many people and do continue for long periods. The controversies that surround politics and social life can be concerned with control of the guns laws, the rights of abortion, issues surrounding the health care and the problems of immigration. Gun control can be associated with the policies and legislations that are put in place by the state of a given country to monitor the production process of guns.... [tags: Gun politics in the United States, Firearm]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- How many people are killed every year with house hold guns. By being armed, we can stand up to a regime of control. But this encourages an extreme individualism, not a coherent community. When the State starts deciding what is and isn’t good for you, when it begins acting upon paternalistic grounds, then we ought to start worrying. Freedom only means something when we’re free to act stupidly (again, all with caveats), when we’re free to express ourselves. Guns, however, change this dynamic entirely.... [tags: Firearm, Gun, Handgun, Gun politics]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- One of the most controversial issues in the world today, especially the United States is gun control. Civilians feel that crime will cease if there are laws prohibiting guns anywhere. Others say that guns are our only weapon used for self-defense. Many people stand for and against this issue and there are plenty of reasons why we should stick to one side. Gun control should not be allowed because not only are guns needed for self-deference, many people rely on guns for survival. Many civilians refuse to stand for gun control because taking away our guns is taking away our freedom.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States, Gun]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Montrez Culbreath 11/30/15 Against gun control Over the past few years, the debate over guns has been an issue of major importance. Should there even be gun control laws, is the question. Guns are dangerous, and they can kill but are the only weapons that can cause death. The reason why many people today are for gun control is due to the recent mass shootings taking place in the country, such as Sandy Hook school shooting in NewtonConnecticut. Also the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado in 2012; the shooting at the Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon that happened this year.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States, Gun]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- A controversial topic that has been an issue in the United States for years since the enactment of the Second Amendment is the issue of gun control. In the past, the United States have had numerous issues with gun control; as a result, the Second Amendment was added to resolve this issue. Before the creation of the Second Amendment the main purpose of guns were for self protection, hunting, and territorial expansion. The first pioneers to arrive in America had to use guns to protect themselves from animals and the Native Americans.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States, Gun]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Why is Gun Control important and why should it be enforced. Over the past century the crime and death rate has risen, which is 3.6 gun killing per 100,000 people. Many innocent people have been killed and injured due to gun shootings and massive killings. This kind of problem in our society goes against the concept of the common good. In order to maintain the common good and achieve the good life of us human beings we must create strict rules and regulations concerning gun control so that the death rate would decrease.... [tags: Firearm, Crime, Gun]
1431 words (4.1 pages)