Steps to becoming a Language Arts or English teacher in a high school seem simple. A person interested in going into the high school or secondary education field as a career must complete a few very important steps on the way to their dream job, such as: graduating high school; going to a four year college and attaining a bachelor’s degree in a certain subject (i.e. English) with a minor (in Secondary Education); passing a state licensure and certification exam; and getting a teaching job a local high school.
A specific track one could take in order to become a high school English teacher are as follows: getting admitted into a college that has an education program that is one of the major study programs on campus, such as Corban University, which is ranked “Top thirty Great
Small Colleges for a Teaching Degree in 2015,” (University). After getting admitted into Corban University, one would have to start taking classes in Language Arts Education in order to attain a Bachelor of Science...
... middle of paper ...
...tudents. Teachers prepare the younger generation to become positive figures in the community as well as preparing teenagers for life and reality outside of school. An instructor must care for the students in a way that helps the students to do well in school to prepare for the youth a better and brighter future as well as helping the students be mentally and emotionally healthy. Becoming a teacher might seem simple, and in some ways it is, but there is a series of obstacles each person aspiring for a career in the education field must overcome. Steps to becoming a Language Arts teacher include: graduating a four- year college and acquiring a bachelor’s degree in Language Arts Secondary Education, fulfilling an individual set of college requirements, having the knowledge of what being an educator really consists of, as well as the state requirements for the profession.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When one wants to be a teacher, he or she must consider quite a few different aspects in order to know whether or not the career opportunity is right for him or her. Educators have decided why they wanted to become a teacher for many different reasons, whether it be because it is their calling, or any other reason. When becoming a teacher, one must think about what he or she hopes to accomplish as a teacher. Another thing he or she may think about is who influenced his or her decision in choosing a teaching career.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- It’s funny how quickly time flies by it seems like just yesterday I was complaining about writing the first part of this assignment. Looking back at it now, the reasons why I want to become a teacher remain the same. I want to inspire, shape, encourage, and mentor my students. I want to make the kind of impact on each and every single one of them that they will carry on for the rest of their lives. Whether it be simply believing in them, and telling them that I know they are capable of accomplishing anything they want to, or helping them through a tough time.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, School]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- I come from a very small, rural town, where my parents instilled many good qualities in me from such a young age. The one quality that stands out the most to me is ambition. With strong ambition, I plan on fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher, and possibly school counselor one day. My inspiration and desire to become a teacher comes from my mother, who has so much care and passion for education, and her students. She taught junior and senior high mathematics for twenty seven years, before retiring.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Lesson plan]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- After graduating college it is time to hit the real world, so it’s time to begin of what I want to do for a living. The career I’m striving to achieve is to become an elementary teacher or middle school teacher. Becoming a teacher would be fantastic, it’s a job I know I would enjoy and I’m passionate about. Being able to help young students learn new things every day would be amazing, knowing that in elementary years it is the foundation of a student’s education. Teaching in general and watching people through the process of learning the is the main reason I’m seeking a career as a teacher.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1045 words (3 pages)
- The Future is On Our Shoulders The future of American depends on the children of this nation; to make smart, and responsible, adults we must start at the beginning of their learning experience. The reason I would like to be a part of this process is because I look around, and I myself see kids disrespecting their elders like it is no big deal, and I hope to help them. The career I am considering would be elementary school teacher, and the reasons behind this would be qualities of a teacher, helping the future of America, and promote academic diversity.... [tags: School, Teacher, Education, History of education]
1040 words (3 pages)
- I am applying for the Fulbright Taught Master’s in Creative Writing at University College Cork (Ireland), commencing September 2016 and running for twelve months. The graduate degree program will place me in Cork, Ireland and with the Cork community where I will engage with the two sides of creative writing craft, both as a means of self-exploration as well as tool for building community. Teaching and writing for me go hand-in-hand, especially for English teachers. For one, writers teach through their writing and teachers use that writing to inform curriculum.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Percy Bysshe Shelley]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Anything but Teaching Becoming a teacher and staying a teacher can be quite the challenge. Most universities don’t adequately prepare students for the challenges they will be met with every single day. Most students are not informed of the good, the bad, and the ugly before becoming a teacher. Many students are not fully aware of the seriousness and stressfulness that goes hand-in-hand with their profession. Teaching can cause more stress than many other professions and is one the least valued professions to date.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Profession]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- When the idea of becoming a teacher was planted in my head, I wanted to be a high school teacher. When I was in high school, I began to notice that not every child was having the same experience as I was in relationship to the institution of education. Although I have brown skin, I grew up benefiting from my fathers white privilege. This privilege consisted of attending private schools for all of my life, hiring tutors to support me in classes I struggles with and having the expectation that going to college was the next step after high school.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, Pedagogy]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- We all remember our teachers and for different reasons but an outstanding teacher, ones that we truly remember and cherish that memory have in some way moulded our lives. Outstanding teacher really can change lives. We often hear people say they were inspirational, they made me love school/a subject, I love being in their lessons… Whilst writing this section I reflected on my time as a primary school pupil and three very different teachers in three very different schools immediately came to mind… and probably have never been too far from my consciousness.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, George Bernard Shaw]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Teachers bear the heavy responsibility of molding the minds of our nation’s most precious resource, its children. The road to becoming a teacher is a long one, involving post-high school education, people skills, and a desire to change lives. These traits, when accompanied by experience and good techniques, form the foundation for an effective, life-altering educator. Before anything else, teachers must have a desire to impact the lives of their students (Education). Some teachers teach because they want to help children learn and grow and would like to make a contribution to society.... [tags: Careers Jobs Teaching essays research papers]
1444 words (4.1 pages)