The beginning of reality television started with competition shows and with the time reality television shows began to appear more and more. There are many different types of reality shows, such as game competitions, cooking contests, talents, or real family life. That means there are many viewers have been increasing and they like these types of shows because it is fun and many people get interested to know what will happen next. Every reality television show has been known to every family and county but not all people like it, but it has advantages are more than disadvantages. Furthermore, there are many causes behind the reason that reality television shows are popular.
Entertainment is one of the cause that reality TV is popular. There are different ages who like to watch reality TV. In addition, reality TV is not for specific age because it has different types of shows. People get more Interaction when they watch competitors and talk to their friends about it. When people watch reality TV shows, they can learn and have fun at the same. For example, if there is a woman likes cooking and when she watches reality TV cooking shows, it is interesting and she had fun because it is her hobby and she learns new things about cooking.
Furthermore, Teens like to watch reality television because they like an adventure with interesting and they have free time to watch because they usually do not have work. Patino said that "67 percent of preteens and 70 percent of teens have watched American Idol; 40 percent and 47 percent of preteens and teens, respectively, have seen Survivor." That shows us not just teens who watch reality TV pre-teens are watching it, too. Some teens when they watch it, it gives them hope to work for ...
... middle of paper ...
...reality TV shows, some of them mimic like what they watch. However, it is not bad id the teens act like them in a good way. However, not all the programs are real because they fix, handle and order the show to attract more viewers. Hicks agreed that “reality shows have become ratings bonanzas ..., many viewers remain suspicious of their reality. Virtually every episode of American Idol provokes online speculation about vote-rigging or unfair judging.”
In conclusion, the reasons for reality TV show being popular are entertainment, voyeurism, and TV producer. When a person watches these shows, he/she will have fun, find out new things, and learn from others mistakes. Also, views sometimes feel greater about them self, when the see lower than them, such as in cogitation, level, or ethnic. Reality TV shows are cheaper to produce because it is not like service or movies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Producers of reality television shows often attempt to imitate many common stereotypes, behaviors, and emotions that go hand in hand with everyday life in the real world today. As a matter of fact, the aspect of reality within TV shows often proves as the foremost reason to why individuals decide to dedicate themselves to watching a show on a regular basis. Viewers frequently feel inner connections to particular characters or events that occur throughout a given reality TV show. These connections provide viewers with a sense of purpose watching a show since it may have an impact on how they go about their own lives within the real world.... [tags: Reality television, Television program, Episode]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Reality shows of Indian Television Indian high emotional intelligence and emotional resonance of any strike is an instant hit in India. The reality show success in India can be attributed to a large extent this weakness. Another reason these programs from Saas Bahu Town soap is to provide relief to their immense popularity. thereality 's growing popularity, showing the Indian TV channels are added to the production of television programs a new dimension. These programs give the opportunity of living in the interior of the country to showcase their talent genius.... [tags: Reality television, Television program]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Some Detriments of Reality Television Shows Reality television shows dominate many television networks today. There are reality television shows enjoyed by virtually every age-group. However, many people are unaware of the truth behind reality television shows. They are unaware of the planning and prearranged situations that occur in most "reality" shows. Reality television shows pose some important detriments for society, which include presenting contrived situations as reality, promoting unethical values, and presenting humiliation as a form of entertainment.... [tags: reality tv, fictional programing]
715 words (2 pages)
- ... This deliberate manipulation begins to question the authenticity of reality TV. In almost every episode of MIC there is some sort of gathering where the majority of the cast get together and either resolve or worsen current issues. Observation and surveillance is an element of documentaries, reality television is dependant on observation. The constant visuals, allows us into the peoples live and eventually lead us to form emotional connections with them. Professor of media studies Mark Andrejevic, this is a natural outcome of the culture of CCTV we live in now.... [tags: entertainment, programs, characters]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Throughout the years, many things have changed from family values to technology and many more. Some of the ways that times have been changed can be seen through television shows. Many people say that TV is not what it used to be and that it has changed in many ways. In the 1990s a popular Television show to watch was full house. Many would say that this is a classic and even enjoy watching it to this day. Full house portrays family values and a lot of the jokes during the 90s. Recently Netflix made a sequel to this classic show, and there are many mixed feelings.... [tags: Comedy, Family, 21st century, Donald Trump]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Over the years television programs were meant to inform, educate and entertain listeners. Most programs were mostly transmitted in a one direction way direction. However, this has changed as most television programs nowadays, continuously seek to involve the listeners either to ask questions or to give their opinions and comments concerning the program. The aim of this essay paper is to investigate the importance of such interactive programs to the listeners. This study is going to use two reality formats of the British television programs.... [tags: Media ]
2083 words (6 pages)
- “Insults, temper tantrums, selfishness, gross behavior, and plain old stupidity—these are the main ingredients for most of today’s reality TV shows. Guess who’s watching them. Millions of young people…” (Ilisa Cohen, 14). The world is changing in many different ways and people are influenced by many different situations. Teenagers are however, easily influenced by the good, the bad, and the reality. Not only are teenagers observing from the reality around them, but reality that is shown on television and sometimes in commercials as well.... [tags: Reality Television Shows, Society, Young Adults]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- Reality TV Research Why is that reality TV shows instead of encouraging, end up discouraging someone. The whole purpose of being a part of a TV show is try to win because you feel confident in what you are competing for. However in shows such as Americas Next Top Model the judges seek for the contestants flaws and point them out. According to Jennifer Pozner’s “Ghetto Bitches, China Dolls, Cha Cha Divas” reality shows contradict themselves. Pozner points out that a contestant was asked what she felt she was more of, Korean or American.... [tags: Reality Television Shows, Women, Criticism]
1416 words (4 pages)
- ... Not only are their views on criminals biased but also racial, an majority of the criminals that are shown on Cops happens to be African American. After seeing countless images of African Americans being portrayed on the show viewers then begin to view all African Americans as petty criminals that will be, conveniently, captured by cops who happen to be white. Their views on what the real world looks like becomes distorted and twisted into the world that they see on the show, they become affected by the first order effect.... [tags: television shows vs reality]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Admit it, we all have a favorite reality show and they aren’t always the most decent to watch. Reality television is a type of television programming that documents unscripted situations and actual happenings. There are many different shows about many different topics. Although several televised reality shows focus on positive topics and can be encouraging, many others broadcast illicit behavior, sexual activity, fighting, and profane language. Why are they shown if they’re so horrific, you may ask.... [tags: american idol, reality television]
912 words (2.6 pages)