Before Ray Rice got in trouble, everyone thought of him highly, especially all the kids that dreamed of growing up and wanting to be exactly like him. “The fact that it [filled up] in like point zero seconds shows the type of impact that he has in our community,”(Jeff Zrebiec, 1). He helped out...
... middle of paper ...
... it ended up being handled. Punching his now-wife in the face and knocking her out and continuing to drag her from the elevator was just not right. Fighting is never a way to solve an argument, and now he has to deal with the consequences of being hated by many and never having the life he once had again.
Ray Rice ruined his persona by getting into a fight with his wife. No one remembers the old Rice and probably never will. Rice had a good persona, then he ruined it all, and now he is trying to gain his good persona back after the domestic violence charge. Now all Rice hopes for is another shot in the pros, and to get his act together. The last thing he wants is for the world to remember him by his now internet famous “elevator knockout”. All Rice can do now is be a good person and try to get his persona backup and hope that the world will give him a second chance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- #whyIstayed made a substantial impact all over North America after football star Ray Rice was caught abusing his soon to be wife. On February 15th, 2014 the football star Ray Rice and his soon to be wife Janay Palmer were both arrested after getting into a physical fight at a casino in Atlanta. Just a few days later video surveillance of came to light. The video in the elevator showed Rice dragging Palmer by her shoulder out of the elevator. Despite the fact that Ray was abusive to Janay they still went along with the plan to marry in the following months.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Psychological abuse, Child abuse]
1969 words (5.6 pages)
- When a major topic is brought to the media, it will be published throughout the country. In each newspaper someone different is writing their own article making their own story unique. In the incident involving Ray Rice, he allegedly knocked his fiancé unconscious during an altercation while the two of them were in an elevator in Atlantic City. After knocking her unconscious video surveillance captured Rice dragging Palmer out of the elevator and onto the ground. In the three news articles I have selected coming from the USA Today, The Baltimore Sun, and New Jersey On-Line.... [tags: the baltimore sun, altercation]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Usually the extraction procedures are time-consuming, labour-intensive and costly. Current methods for the extraction of imidazolinone herbicides are mainly from soil and water media (Furlong et al., 2000, Bresnahan et al 2002, Ramezeni 2007). Recently, Chen et al (2009) and Rezaei et al (2011) have successfully develop extraction methods for the determination of some organochlorinated pesticides in fish samples. Solid phase extraction technique with various sorbents have been proven successful to determine the related imazapyr, imazethapyr and imazaquin in water and soil media only (Mohammadkazem R., 2007).... [tags: rice production, malysia, control of weeds]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- This study is about the preferences on rice varieties. We want to know what most of the household women/men prefer, is it the brand, price, or quantity for choosing from a rich variety. This study is about the preferences on rice variety in terms of: outlet selection, purchasing frequency, preferred size packages, preferred rice attributes, purchase decision criteria of most people who purchase rice products. Consumers have their own preference, but we want to focus on housewives/career women/men since they are business oriented and they know more in choosing the right products.... [tags: rice, rice grain, bred, rice plants]
2310 words (6.6 pages)
- Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice Killing, kidnapping and battles, all parts of Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. The main character, Lestat, is a well-known and flamboyant vampire. In Memnoch the Devil, Lestat is faced with a grim reality, causing his world to collapse around him. He learns throughout this book, about the world, and the divine forces that encircle the world’s existence. This book illustrates how Lestat’s morals, ignorance and understanding are greatly affected by outside forces. In the beginning of the book, Lestat, the quick and cunning vampire referred to as “the Brat Prince” by his followers stalks a wealthy artifact smuggler.... [tags: Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Impact of Community Colleges on the California Economy Community colleges train thousands of individuals every year to maintain the critical infrastructure of the state. California 's community colleges train and educate 80% of all of the state 's firefighters, police officers, emergency medical technicians, and 70% of all state nurses (CCC Key Facts). Moreover, investment in California community colleges allows for economic growth. For every $1 California contributes to community college education, it will receive a net return of $4.50 to the state 's economic growth (Huelsman).... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Genetic Modified Rice Introduction Rice is most demanded food in of Asia. For thousands of years, farmers have been cultivating rice. Actual plant breeders are still trying to improve the ability of rice to defend itself against diseases. Every day, genetic engineering is being used to achieve breeding objectives. “Rice, maize, and wheat are the world's most important crops. Rice makes up the main food source for almost half of the world's population” http://www.gmocompass.org/eng/grocery_shopping/crops/24.genetically_modified_rice.html Genetically modified rice is now on its way to fields in some countries in which it has been legalized.... [tags: human health issues, political & economic impact]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- From the beginning Katya’s character in “Puffed Rice and Meatballs” shares her stories from childhood regarding her first sexual encounter, to the first signs of having breasts. All of these share a common theme, the feeling of being alone and ignored. Katya learns that she faces the feeling of unimportance and turmoil throughout her life while she tells her stories. The story starts with Katya’s unnamed American suitor asking about her childhood and her encounters of Communism. He acts as if he is interested in her past, but is really just looking for a story to pass the time and to cut the tension in the room.... [tags: sexual encounter, puffed rice, meatballs]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- The Brother Rice High School Community High School is every Junior High students dream. It is a time in a student’s life where he/she receives a large amount of freedom as well as responsibility. Mom no longer accompanies the teenagers at the movies and one can even drive himself/herself there. Academics are important also because these grades determine if you are college bound material. But, are freedom and academics the only parts of a solid High School career. I myself believe that there is more to High School then freedom and academics.... [tags: Christianity Education Essays]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Chinese Rice Farming Works Cited Not Included An ancient Chinese proverb reads, “Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.” In a comical manner, this proverb illustrates an important point - rice serves an essential function to the people of China. As the pivotal mediator between the Chinese people and the rice they consume, the weather, climate, and environment has played an integral role in rice’s production and utility, as well as the importance it plays within the culture. Ironically, something so integral to Chinese society may not indeed be sustainable for the future.... [tags: China Agriculture Rice Essays Papers]
1121 words (3.2 pages)