Currently there is a “Rate My Professor” application in the Apple Store for Iphone, IPad, and other Apple products. Android OS users do not have this luxury. With the “Rate My Professor” app and website obtaining a great deal of popularity, there is a reasonable need for a similar app on Android. For starters we will create the app only to rate professors at the University of Hartford. This way it is easier to keep an up-to-date roster of professors.
This application’s main purpose is to improve of professors through positive and constructive feedback from students. With the overview of many professors, it will be much easier for future students to choose professors that are more appropriate for their needs.
Our apps performance relies on three key characteristics, accurate data transfer and retrieval, multi-platform compatibility and most importantly the app must be user friendly. To reliably transfer and receive data we must make the app able to easily communicate with our dedicated server, flawlessly encrypt and decrypt information, ...
... middle of paper ...
... future. The plan we have to combat being sued for copy right is to first investigate the laws for copyright material so that we know what they can hit us on. Second we have to change the name of the app so that it is not related to the current app that is on the market. Lastly we have to make sure we get as many people on board with the creation of the app. We plan to combat being hacked with first making sure that our app is consistently backed up so that is we are hacked we still have all our information. Second we want to have constant alerts that will monitor the system to see if anything is happening that we have to worry about. Lastly we want to have security that’s job is to watch the system. As for the privacy of the users we plan on having a banned word list so that no user will get offended in some way. We will have alerts and security for this purpose.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Course Project Managing Conflict in Workplace Keller Graduate School of Management Professor: George Watson By Ali Azam Rasel Introduction: The project is about my previous employer. I was Accountant for Rapid Consulting. Tech Company based in Irvine, California. Tech Company makes several apps for medical services. They have a consulting division as well. Thus the company has 25 staff and one outsourcing team in India. This company is administered and manage by founder and & President.... [tags: Management, Project management, Employment]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- Standard 1 We downloaded "Create A Ride" from the Google store as our first app for standard one. The first ISTE standard is all about sparking creativity and students expressing themselves. In the game students will create a car and customize it the way they like, it is a great way for students to be creative and express themselves through their car. This app isn’t really educational enough to use in the classroom but i would suggest it to parents with young students. This app supports 21st century skill, because it is online and students will use phones, iPads, or computers to build and create something.... [tags: education techqniques, technology in the classroom]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- The Housekeeper and the Professor is a novel written by Yoko Ogawa, and published in 2003. The story is a bout a mathematician who is the professor in the story. The professor suffered from a brain damage after a tragic traffic road accident, and he can only produce 80 minutes worth of memories. The professor forgot everything about his former life, but could only remember numbers, since he had a passion for mathematics. The story is told from the narrator’s point of view (the housekeeper). The narrator was to take care of the professor who asked her to let her son come direct to his house after learning that she had a 10 year old son who used to wait for her at home till late night after... [tags: The Housekeeper and the Professor]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Justification: The Project manager is responsible for overall project management. These responsibilities include developing project charter and project management plan, setting project scope, directing, managing, monitoring and controlling work through the whole project period, liaising with the stakeholders, and closing the project. This position will be from internal resources. Justification: The business analyst is responsible for collecting and analysing project requirements, reviewing smartphone app specification and functional specifications, as well as helping developers build app prototype, and assisting the project manager in producing and updating project documentations.... [tags: Apple Inc., App Store, Google Voice, IPhone]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Many different companies such as Apple have affected the development and advancement of cellular devices in our modern technological era. Apple has released various types of products such as the IPhone. In our day and age, almost all of the phones enable the use of apps. Also, various types of apps can be found in the market according to the audience and their interests. Most of us use apps on a daily basis for personal or professional reasons. These apps were originated and produced by different people according to their interests.... [tags: Process Essay]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Mackenna Goodrich The letter is for the Common App. I am applying to the University of California, Kenyon College, University of Chicago, Boston University, Vanderbilt University and Northwestern University. Attached I am sort of all over the place in regards to the “What do you want to be when you grow up?” question. In college, I am either going to major or minor in theatre and my “fallback” plan is to get a doctorate and be a professor of theatre at a college. However, I want to pursue at a double major in college.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, High school]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- ABSTRACT In fact, there are many causes of the problems in a IT project. If these difficulties were untreated, the project costs is increasing and exceeding the commitment time, made the project fail in halfway, or still “complete” but did not reach a portion or even all of the goals that were set out. INTRODUCTION According to the reported data, statistics of respected agencies, research organization around the world, information technology (IT) is paced technological innovation rapidly (on average within 12 months), and invisible attrition rate is decreased rapidly (about 30 percent per year).... [tags: Project management, Management, Failure]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Project management is an industry that is growing, and the demand for individuals that have this type of knowledge is high. I encounter business individuals on a daily basis and they always tell me that having project management knowledge or having a certification for it, will help me in the work force. I ‘m glad I took this class, because the material is helpful, and when we graduate, we will be ready to enter the work force. I have learned the ten knowledge areas, and five process groups, all which are essential for the project manager.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Reflector Reflector is an app that allows for Air Play mirroring to a computer. This is an app that I have used in order to do presentation in certain applications on my iPad for classes and has become very useful. We have become so accustomed to wires being everywhere, that it is nice to have a break from such a disorderly setting. Reflector is an application that can be used easily in both school, and a business setting. Its ease of use and simple interface makes it the perfect app for presentations.... [tags: presentations, interface, mobile]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- As I studied the faces of my classroom peers, searching frantically for another face interested in the thought-provoking discussion on escape velocity, I suddenly realized that I was temporarily engaged in an exercise in futility. My classmates were not interested, and my teacher, as a result, was beginning to falter in his explanation of the long-distance travel concepts. I realized, with something akin to horror, that the general apathy was beginning to affect me, as I had to stifle a large yawn.... [tags: How Education Has Impacted My Life]
806 words (2.3 pages)