Image processing is one of the most crucial parts in the plain radiographic examination. In analog image processing, the processing of the image is handled manually, by doing it in darkroom, operates the machine manually and archives it in racks. Back to the history, the first founders of radiography is Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, the Wuerzberg University’s professor. He learned the x-ray production when he was working at his laboratory in 8 November 1895 (Carlton R.R., Adler A.M., 2006). As a professional radiographer, he should apply the concept of ALARA, which it stands for As Low As Reasonably Achievable. The importance of this concept is to achieve the best image quality with the lowest possible dose on the patient. A professional radiographer should train himself to apply the use of close collimation, filtrates the primary beam, the use of ideal kV techniques and minimize the repetition of radiographic examination. The medical imaging professionals also have to apply the lead shielding to the patient to avoid the exposure on sensitive region, such as gonad and thyroid region (Bontrager K.L., Lampignano J.P., 2010). The image quality and the patient dose can be manipulated with the usage of various components of analog imaging. The components are intensifying screen, grid, and cassette. The combination of film and screen can further affect the image quality and exposure needed to produce the image. Those components have to be operated manually by the medical imaging professionals; hence it needs to be mastered to achieve the best quality of the image while having the least possible dose on the patient.
Intensifying screen, grid and cassette influence greatly on the quality of the image, as well a...
... middle of paper ...
... us to do well to others, especially to human. Allah has said in Quran, Chapter 2, verse 195,” And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.” This verse tells us that Allah instructs us to not doing harm to ourselves and other people, as well as other creation of Allah. At the end of the verse, Allah praise and bless the people who have done the good things to others. This means that Allah encourages us to be good person and doing well to our patients in our job by helping the doctors to easily diagnose the high quality of radiograph image and lower the dose to the patients that can harm their health. As the medical imaging professionals, we should apply this concept to get the blessing from Allah and grab the opportunity to enter His paradise.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Interpersonal skills are important communication strategies for medical practitioners, predominantly to perform accurate assessments and provide quality treatment for patients. Such as the ability to use emotions to better communicate with others, or the ability to empathise with a patient to help establish engagement and feelings of empowerment, both fundamental attributes to effective practice (Sanson-Fisher & Maguire, 1980). Similarly the ability to listen effectively is also fundamental to practice, as it allows the practitioner to ‘get the full picture’ (Eunson 2012).... [tags: Radiography Essays]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Radiography in Zambia has experienced a wealth of changes involving learning methods, curriculum, professional status and public expectations. Consequently, there has been a gradual transition of radiography from a mainly knowledge-based profession to an evidence-based discipline and the concept of clinical effectiveness has become ever more important in health care delivery in recent years. Solwezi general hospital is a 2nd level public hospital serving a local population of over 200,000 people and receives referrals from all over the rural North Western Province of Zambia.... [tags: medicine]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Image Processing is any form of signal processing for which the input is an image or video frame; the output of image processing is set of parameters related to the image. The goal of our research presents a new wavelet based image denoising method to be compared with curvelet denoising and contourlet denoising. The Multi resoulution Analysis (MRA) transformation is implemented using the three transforms, Wavelet Curvelet and Contourlet. The wavelet transformation algorithm is implemented to compresses the essential information in a signal into few, large coefficients with in time and frequency transformation.... [tags: SNR, image processing, contourlet]
2098 words (6 pages)
- Oculomotor (III), trochlear (IV), Abducens (VI) cranial nerves Although each of these nerves control separate extraocular muscles, they are normally examined together due to their close functional interrelationships. • Look Similar to other cranial nerve examination, start with inspection of the eyes. Look at - The position of the head position: If diplopia is present, the head turned or tilted to minimize double vision. - Inspect for ptosis and eye position. - Ask the child to look at an object about five feet away.... [tags: Pediatric Examination]
2284 words (6.5 pages)
- Abstract Various applications have been proposed in the field of facial image processing throughout the last forty years or so, among which are face recognition, face detection, gender/age classification, facial expression, etc. However, no application related to the identification of similarity between family members has been introduced yet. This paper is the first experience, which considers this phenomenon and proposes a framework for clustering similar family members. Three features include: “The Whole Face,” “The Facial Feature Perimeters” and “The Ratio between Facial Features” have been used.... [tags: Medical Science]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- Image Processing Image processing is any form of signal processing for which the input is an image, such as a photograph or video frame, the output of the image processing may be either an image or a set of characteristics or parameters related to the image. Most image processing techniques involve treating the image as a two-dimensional signal and applying standard signal processing techniques to it. Image processing usually refers to digital image processing, but optical and analog image processing also are possible.... [tags: processing a picture by a computer]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Computers are specific devices that are capable of receiving, transferring, displaying and storing data. These devices have hugely impacted the modern radiography department by facilitating newer utilities. Specifically in the radiography department computers are used to acquire and process information and images. A computer consists of input, output and processing devices. The medical imaging department have specific requirements for each of these components which will be discussed. Input refers to the scanner, mouse or keyboard.... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Operating system]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- RESEARCH SKILLS INTRODUCTION The route I have decided to take after gaining enough credits at Access to Higher Education (Healthcare Science) is to study Diagnostic Radiography. According to the Birmingham City University, I should at least obtain a minimum of 220 UCAS tariff points. The number of credits required will be in excess of that of needed to pass the Access course (66Level 3 credits) and should include Level 3 credits in Science-based subjects, English and Study Skills. I have chosen to take one of the Allied health professions route and want to study Radiography.... [tags: Careers Jobs]
1964 words (5.6 pages)
- The purpose of this project is to compare radiation imaging simulations of protons to X-rays. In this project proton radiography is proposed as an alternative diagnostic method for the nuclear stockpile. The basis of this project is the use of proton radiography for implosion tests. In any nuclear weapon, implosion geometry is crucial. Implosion tests are needed to ensure that the weapons will perform as expected after years of storage. These tests also help validate computer simulations of nuclear weapon performance.... [tags: Nuclear Science]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Adaptive Shape Contour Tracing Algorithm ABSTRACT In this paper we are going to present a new shape contour tracing algorithm called ¡§Adaptive Contour Tracing Algorithm¡¨. The algorithm can trace open and closed discontinuous digital shapes and return an ordered set of boundary points that represent the contour of the shape. Unlike other algorithms that return boundary points that are part of the traced shape, our algorithm returns background points that are adjacent to the shape¡¦s contour.... [tags: essays research papers]
1733 words (5 pages)