There are many problems with the comments that Sterling made. The entire NBA is affected, all of the spectators, and the whole nation. The statements that Sterling made are proof that racism is still alive in negligent people. As I listened to the recording, I was blown away at the statements Sterling was making when the majority of the people associated with the Los Angeles Clippers are African American, ...
... middle of paper ...
...o, Greg, Matt Smith, Jill Martin, Corinna Lamb, Katie Lobosco, Steve Almasy, Paul Vercammen, Caleb Silver, Stephanie Elam, Ralph Ellis, AnneClaire Stapleton, Joe Sutton, Wayne Sterling, and Kevin Dotson. "NBA Commissioner Bans Clippers Owner Sterling, Pushes to 'force a Sale' of Team." CNN. Cable News Network, 01 Jan. 1970. Web. 02 May 2014.
Golliver, Ben, Chris Paul, and Donald Sterling. "NBA investigating Clippers owner Donald Sterling for alleged racist comments | The Point Forward - SI.com." The Point Forward SIcom RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 May 2014.
Keating, Peter. "Keating: Unhinged life of Donald Sterling." ESPN.com. ESPN, 1 June 2009. Web. 2 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... I just do not believe that what he has said can be dismissed easily. Cliff Paul, who claims to be a brother of the Clippers’ Chris Paul, had bugged Sterling’s office for years. When George Zimmerman, the person convicted of killing Trayvon Martin, was acquitted to the conversations, Sterling allegedly said “Buy that guy a beer.” According to these documents, he also went to IHOP with Paula Deen, a cooking show host, just to laugh at black dishwashers. I’m not sure if this is true though. Could Cliff Paul be making all this up for money and fame.... [tags: black people, games]
695 words (2 pages)
- ... An invasion of privacy was declared, and many people were upset because their freedoms were at risk. In the recording V. Striviano (the girlfriend) replied to his racist comments by saying, “ I wish I could change the color of my skin”. It turns out the the beloved girlfriend is in fact part African American. This whole incident is offensive to the people and his own girlfriend. She should not have to defend her cases by saying she wishes she could change her skin.This is who she is and no one can change it.... [tags: basketball team, punishment]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Since 1965 many people of different ethnic backgrounds have immigrated to the greater Los Angeles area than anywhere within the United States. These immigrants have rapidly and profoundly transformed the city’s ethnic makeup and spared heated debate over their impact on the region. Unfortunately within many areas of Los Angeles there are those who have been pushed out of their homes, which have been passed through generations of ethnic minorities in other areas due to gentrification. These gentrified areas have been renovated by the city to allow for a much more comfortable living experience.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Los Angeles]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- With five seconds left, the once psychotic crowd becomes as silent as a lion stalking its prey. The clock starts and all that can be heard is the opposing team running down the court dribbling the ball to shoot the final shot. The clock sends off a high-pitched shout. When the opposing team missed their shot, the crowd let out shrieks of joy and ran down onto the court to celebrate. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a Canadian Doctor named James Naismith and the game has changed dramatically since.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Has there ever been an activity that you wondered how it was invented. Well I have been playing basketball for almost seven years and have always wondered the man behind the game we call “basketball.” I really have enjoyed basketball because it really tests an athlete’s ability of endurance, athleticism, and speed. I figured it was time for me to find out who this man was. Basketball today has grown in the United States to bout 300 million people, that is a very large sum (“Bellies”). Although there are many stories to who discovered the game of basketball, it really just depended on who and where the story was told.... [tags: Basketball, sports, history, ]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- Rough Draft 3 According to the Oxford Lafayette Humane Society website on average every single day ten thousand cats and dogs euthanized in the United States alone. Most of these animals were perfectly healthy, normal, and suitable pets that were never adopted yet were euthanized due to over population. Humans have kept pets ever since ancient times. Centuries ago they were mostly kept for food, source of material such as fur, and hunting aids, but now a days they are companions and the thought of killing, eating, and wearing them sounds senseless.... [tags: owner, pet, experience]
2141 words (6.1 pages)
- The Basketball Association of America came from a league in North America, 1946; being one out of three professional basketball organizations. The Basketball Association of America (BAA) and another basketball organization, National Basketball League (NBL), formed together to become the National Basketball Association (NBA). Surprisingly, they came together after being big rivals, and fighting for three years over who gets the better players and the most fans to watch the action and most likely to see how much profit they can make from the basketball games.... [tags: hoop, national basketball, nba, ]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Luis Valdez's Los Vendidos Social science teaches that a person’s self identity is a reflection of that which other people put on the individual, in other words a person’s behavior steams more from what they see of themselves from someone else’s perspective and less from how they see themselves. In the case of the Mexicans, this concept holds true. From that, which has been studied thus far this semester, Mexicans/ Mexican Americans are good examples of this concept. Their sorted past has resulted in a new kind of Mexican American and perhaps a new kind of Mexican.... [tags: mexico Mexican Los Vendidos Essays]
2027 words (5.8 pages)
- High school basketball is not only a mental sport, but, also, a communication game. You must be able to communicate very well to play in Morgantown, West Virginia, especially at University High School. To make the team, you have to be basketball knowledgeable, talented, physically fit, and vocal. After four years of playing varsity basketball, the vocal part of the sport has helped me out in the long run. There are five positions in basketball: point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, and center, but, the most important position is the point guard.... [tags: Sports Basketball]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- Basketball Basketball was invented in 1891 by Dr. James Naismith of Almonte, Ontario. While he was attending the international YMCA Training School (School for Christian Workers) in Springfield, Massachusetts, he was challenged by the Head of Physical Education at the school to create an indoor game to distract students and keep them occupied during the extremely cold winter of that area. His response to this challenge was to create a game that required skill instead of brute strength like other popular sports of that time.... [tags: Sports Athletics Essays]
914 words (2.6 pages)